xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Matt2

Internet Browser For Nintendo Ds Only for DS Lite :o

Hey,I want to rant about something - thats why I am here. Today we went to the mall and I went past EB Games (they sell games hence the name). I picked up their catalouge and I was looking through it while we were walking around the mall. I saw a page on the Nintendo DS. I have a Nintendo DS (not a DS lite) and I think it's a really good system. On this page was the DS Internet browser, you of course need to have a Wireless Net connection or a Wi-fi USB Adapator for the DS to beable to connect to the net. I wanted a USB Connector anyway so that was no trouble. I was reading the page and started to read the text on the Image of the case of the Internet Browser Software.It said it was only for Nintendo DS Lite. I was like what the hell. The Nintendo DS Lite was released what like 6 months after the actual DS and now they have started making games/software that is incompatiable with the Nintendo DS, does this mean that any new game released will now be incompatiable with anyone who has a orginal DS system? If it is I think it's rediciulous and that Nintendo should make a version that is compatiable with the DS system and stay loyal to anyone who still has a orginal DS system. If they don't they are really letting us all down ;)By the way does anyone know of a place to buy blank Nintendo DS game cards/cartridges? I'm sure I can download a browser somewhere off of the internet and somehow copy the browser onto it, does anyone know of a guide to do this?

That's not fair; just because I buy a product from them earlier than others, means I don't get a nifty new feature on a virtually-identical platform? :/ I don't know how to get DS roms onto a cartridge, but if I find out I will let you know. Stupid nintendo. ;)

I know thanks for agreeing with me ;) They are nearly virtually identical, they should be able to do the same things. The only real differences is the size and that some buttons are in different places.It's crappy service from Nintendo.

That is really stupid. the only difference really in the DS and the DS Lite is that the DS Lite has a brighter screen or something like that. That is really dum the came out at almost the sames times, like you said the DS Lite came out like 6 months later. Good luck with finding something that will fix that problem, that would suck if you had to go and buy a new DS Lite to get that feature though. That is why i have always been a xbox fan lol.

I was meaning the Nintendo made browser, it was packaged up and on the front of the case it said, ONLY FOR NINTENDO DS LITE. I went into Eb Games and asked them today and they said it was only for the Lite, I'll go to the Oprah site, but I need a way to put it in my DS.....Oh, I just went to the Oprah site, the browser isn't avaliable to download, only to purchase at your local games store, so I'm assuming these two are the same. Although on the Oprah it had a diagram of the Nintendo DS (Original) with the game cartridges in it, which means there must be a version out there for the original DS google here I come!Edit: I have seen on heaps of sites that the browser is avaliable on the original DS, now I just have to find a place that sells it.....

Edited by Matt2 (see edit history)

wow it looks like the ds is trying to step there game up a bit there but by doing this only for the ds lite was not a smart move what about the small kids who don't know how to use the internet at there parents don't know to go to opera and follow the steps to install the browser. Also by making people do it on there own they might mess up there ds and then they will be forced to by a lite.

Yeah, if it isn't compatable then that's reaaaalllly lame. The DS and DS Lite are so similar I doubt it's a hardware difference, so, it should work. Nintendo's probably just trying to sell more DS Lites, which I don't see why, they're already popular, so...

That's pretty stupid. If they are going to make it for DS Lite they should have made if for the orginal DS first. I think the reason that they DID do it is to establish it different from the Lite, so now you HAVE to buy the lite, even if you already have the Orginal.Now I want a DS Lite!

I think it will be pretty cool just to have a portable gaming system with access to the web. I wish they could do that for the old Gameboys, that would be awesone... naa just kiddingon the game boy part, but thats sounds cool regardless of which gets it as far as the DS or the DS lite

Being able to access the internet on the Nintendo DS is kind of borderline retarded. The screen is so tiny, you might not be able to see things clearly. Is the bottom screen going to be a keyboard, that you have to peck keys with using the stylus? Come on! Lame.

Hey,
I want to rant about something - thats why I am here. Today we went to the mall and I went past EB Games (they sell games hence the name). I picked up their catalouge and I was looking through it while we were walking around the mall. I saw a page on the Nintendo DS. I have a Nintendo DS (not a DS lite) and I think it's a really good system. On this page was the DS Internet browser, you of course need to have a Wireless Net connection or a Wi-fi USB Adapator for the DS to beable to connect to the net. I wanted a USB Connector anyway so that was no trouble. I was reading the page and started to read the text on the Image of the case of the Internet Browser Software.

It said it was only for Nintendo DS Lite. I was like what the hell. The Nintendo DS Lite was released what like 6 months after the actual DS and now they have started making games/software that is incompatiable with the Nintendo DS, does this mean that any new game released will now be incompatiable with anyone who has a orginal DS system? If it is I think it's rediciulous and that Nintendo should make a version that is compatiable with the DS system and stay loyal to anyone who still has a orginal DS system. If they don't they are really letting us all down ;)

By the way does anyone know of a place to buy blank Nintendo DS game cards/cartridges? I'm sure I can download a browser somewhere off of the internet and somehow copy the browser onto it, does anyone know of a guide to do this?

I know it sucks I get a ds right? Then the lite version comes out and they make it internet compatible. If I was you I would get the wii it's a good system and u have internet plus what's so good about the ds internet big whoop..Get a laptop then, if your mad about this. And also, don't you have to pay money to go on the internet so, all it is is a waste of time..That's my opinion but, if you want to go on the internet with a small *BLEEP* ds which takes an hour to type one sentence then good luck ;)

I have yet to buy a nintendo ds.... i think imma buy one in a couple weeks .. them imma buy the wii ;) ;) ;) it is stupid that they do that but i read somewhere that the browser is like opera and that it was released february last year???

I have yet to try a wii, so i really dont know what that system is like, but it just seems to retarted to me.. looks like a ittle kids learning to play a video game moving the controls all over the place trying to make the characters move and jump.. Nintendo to me has really stayed elementary when its come to the games, and its systems.. they are great and thats where I began when I first started to game.. but its almost as if nintendo is just a good starter system for any first timer,