xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Matt2

My Other Forums Account Has Been Deleted Sorry for making another account

Hi,Yesterday I joined the forums on an account named "matt2", I started posting and then requested hosting, a short time later my hosting request was approved and I was really happy with the service. I received the e-mail with the link to the Process page, but because it was late at night I went to bed. i have been out this morning and a couple of minutes ago I tried logging into the forums with matt2. It didn't work. I thought I had to activate my hosting so I went to the process page and typed in my details. The screen came up and then it displayed INCORRECT USERNAME OR PASSWORDI knew the password and username were right, so I have come to the conclusion that my account might have been deleted. Please help me because I wanted to set up my website today.Sorry for creating this extra account, it should be deleted when the issue is sorted out.Thankyou for your time and great hosting,Matt.

Their have been other topics about this, basically when the forums got updated, something in the mySLQl got corrupted and lost the data. How about how old that data was I believe a few day's worth of data was lost, so posts, new member accounts are lost. Now with the hosting an admin would be able to answer that for you, but most likely any new accounts got lost as well. So that is why all hosting has been suspended until the the forum bugs are fixed and possible recovery of DB's as well.

So what does this mean for me? That I will have to get my post count up again, to get 30 credits. If I do I will seriously consider not reapplying for hosting here.

I made all of my topics and posts yesterday, which means I am stuffed. My cpanel username was going to be Quantage I think, but I never activated hosting. I searched for matt2 in the member list and I only got this account up in the results, I checked some of the topics I posted in yesterday all of my posts are gone.Because I already know that theres nothing that can be done, please change my forum username back to "Matt2", I'll start posting a bit, but I'm seriously considering not applying for hosting again if everything is going to get lost the day after I create it.

Edited by matt2_2 (see edit history)

The forum database must've been damaged larger than expected... this is what you trying to keep the forum open while 100+ new posts are created every hour and updating the forum.I regret that you feel our hosting solution would not meet your demands. I will change your forum name to your request and good luck with a new hosting, should you decide to leave.

All members lost credits in an average of 5--some more than a single digit.Sometimes the upgrade takes toll on member's accounts and I do sincerely apologize for that. However, HOSTED members losing hosting credits can lead to account suspensions if they failed to keep it above 10 hosting credits. Fortunately, you did not activate your hosting account and as a result you are still better off then some of hosting members.Please accept our apology and start rebuilding your credits and contribute with quality posts.

I lost 30+ credits, not a piddly number like 5, now I have to post 30+ posts just to get enough credits to apply for hosting. Anyway you still didn't answer my question - weither hosting credits could be credited back to people like me who lost 30 of them, thats a whole month of hosting, lost, that I'll never see again.

Edited by Matt2 (see edit history)

Let's understand hosting credits since you have not read through Xisto Readme.It requires 30 hosting credits to activate the default Package 2 free web hosting. Once it's activated your hosting credit is reset to a default amount (anywhere from 0 to 3). So you have not lost a whole month of hosting. Let's not forget that you have not activated your hosting. You simply lost hosting credits that were needed to activate your hosting.Obviously you do not understand how the initial hosting credits work so I am going to be patient in answering your emotionally charged words. But remember this: keep your agenda within a specific topic and keep it focused. Do not mutipost your loss in this topic as well as in another.The suggestive path has been explained and if you are not satisfied, I regret for your short staying.This topic has been discussed till its death. Closed.PS If your attitude was any different I would have given you your hosting credits back once you became a HOSTED member. Only HOSTED members can transfer to another HOSTED member. Now I'm not so sure...