xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DjLuki

How Can You Gain Weight?

Well there was no board for this kind of topic and im interested in knowing.. What can you do to gain weight, i mean they have some up with so many different ways to lose weight but there is never one thing about gaining weight. i did some research online and all it says is you have to eat, what if that did not work?

well first, how old are you? if you are still young then your matabolism can still be very fast and it will be near impossible to gain weight. Now the most important things are carbs, and protein. Drink protein shakes and liquid meals and things of that sort. Eat all your meals a day id say 5-8 meals a day. Eggs are great in the morning, sasage bacon. Protein shakes, bananas, peanut butter is great, mayoneise is like pure fat whipped up, and nuts and stuff liek that. A lot of weat, meat, and proteins. If you don't want to gain fat make sure you exercise while you do all this or else youll just get overweight.

Yea, if you are young and active, it can be very hard to put on weight. I'm 22 and my metabolism is so high right now, that no matter what I eat, and no matter how much of it that I do, I can't seem to gain anything. I've been this same weight ever since I stopped growing in grade 9...One thing you are going to want to be worried about, if you are gaining weight is to try to do it in a healthy way, because everyone knows that eating five packs of bacon everyday isn't exactly the best lifestyle choice, and can lead to clogged arteries and such later on. Balance the kind of foods that you are eating, and don't forget to try and keep in shape as you are doing it.Why are you trying to gain weight? Are you underwieght, or are you just curious about how someone would go about it?

The ability to gain weight depends linearly on your age group so it goes like age 15-20 could be extremely hard depending on your genetic map, age 20-25 hard but still can work towards it, age 25-30 easy to put on weight, age 30 onwards - you cant do much otherwise which means there is no turning back most of the times for most of the people. Anyways if you are really inclined towards gaining weight you could try consuming about twice the amount of calories you normally would consume and have plenty of rest however doing all this might result in you becoming fat so you better workout along with it as well.

i think the topic title is misleading. gaining weight could be interpreted as getting fat. but i think the topic starter didn't want the thread to be interpreted that way. with that said, i think there are lots of ways to increase your body mass. for one, you could take in protein supplements and do workouts in the gym. this would increase the muscles in your body, thus "increasing your weight".

Weight doesn't all have to be gained in fat though either or food or whatever you want to call it. Working out a lot increases the size of your muscles which is heavier than fat itself, so you can gain weight that way and strength. You don't want to hurt yourself though by working out too much, you can start small each day and after a week or so if you feel comfortable step it up a notch. You can do it a a gym or purchase some weights at a store like Wal - Mart or Sports Authority. You can go jogging to work on your legs or do ab excercises as well.

The best way to gain weight is to have a balanced diet but also have lots of meals a day, there is no point in gouging yourself in a single meal. And also do lots of work outs, muscles weigh more than fats, so in that way you have accomplished 2 objectives, 1) to gain weight 2) to look better. You should never fail to have a healthy lifestyle even if gaining weight is probably something you are trying to accomplish.

Well, there is a simple option:McDonalds ;)But then again, eatin too much of it (-- Supersize Me --) will get your life in danger.I would say, gaining weigth is always unhealth, just like loosing weigth is. :S

The simplest way is to eat. Eat lots of fatty foods, and no healthy stuff. And eat all the time.Also, you can stop exercising, and become a laze about. Although, some people seem to stay skinny (eg, me), but I'm sure if I just ate lots of fatty foods it'd work. But it wouldn't be too healthy for you.If that didn't work? Like I said, stop moving ;) Or eat that milkshake stuff that makes you fat ;)

Well probably just eat a lot more than you usually do lol. but ya it can be hard to gain weight if you are younger. i am 14 years old and i eat quite a bit but i never gain any weight. it can also depend on your metabolism which determines how fast the food you intake is digested. i have a very fast metabolism so it is harder for me to gain weight. but if you have a slow metabolism it will be easy for you to gain weight.

Protein shakes, building muscle, and eating a lot at meals too. There's no point in eating unhealthy food just to gain weight like some people said. You'll just be worse off than you started. Just eat more and work out. This will increase your metabolism, but if you eat more, these will balance themselves out, plus you will have gained some healthy weight.Also if you are really concerned about your weight, I know a friend who got some help from a nutritionist.

plus it depends on what you want to add. if you want to add lean weight then you should take Muscle Milk. that stuff works wonders. it has zero transfatty acids. it is great for body building and packing on the pounds with muscle.

Hmm, I always get this sense of deja vu when answering this question, hehe, don't ask me why.

Anyway, do try not to become fat, once you put one weight, especially on areas like the stomach, hips, etc. it's very difficult to get it off.

Try the protein drinks etc. that some people have mentioned, and WORK OUT with weights, preferably (if possible) in a gym where you'll have the guidance of an instructor.

Please go in for 'muscle' weight if you want to put on weight, not fat, it's healthier.

Try doing the three major mass building weight exercises - bench press, shoulder press and squats. They actually trigger production of your body's natural growth hormones. Increase the weight you lift in these exercises as much as you can over time.

You can check out this tutorial I put up for a guy who wanted to put on mass too...

Three best mass-increasing exercises

Hope this helps a bit. Great advice by plenoptic, by the way.