xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tsunami

Booting With Damn Small Linux (DSL) help?

ok.. i have made a bootable disk with the iso image... now what? i tried going to the boot loader at the startup and i selected the disk but then it just kinda... sat there... not doing anything? could someone... anyone... tell me what im doing wrong or how to do it right? thanks a million ;)

Ok... Does the disk actualy load, then crashes? Or does it not load at all? Have you thought the possibility of a currupt ISO? Can you open up the ISO on Windows using Win Rar or another program? Is it like a boot able file? Or does it have to be installed by other forms.Sometimes if you have used download accelerators to download the file, it can become corrupt. This happened to me once.

I burned 3 vers. of DSL and all workingHow to:Download from orig. site iso for cdBurn with Nero /ma choice/ or K3b on Linux from meni option ,,burn image,, ,and burn with : for cd-8 or less speed for dvd minimal speed That is allIf you have old Cd or Dvd drive maybe is drive badIf you dont have boot time option for choice of boot media , go to bios /with ,,del,, on boot time and change boot device to optical drive of your choice ,Save and ExitPS: Read Faq on DSL site