xisto Community
Mystixs

A Dream

It's not the greatest. But then I don't do this but once a year or so.

I had a dream like this. It was odd. So I made this. It sucks but I tried.

"In a misty forest I see a girl, tall and slender she is,
she walks towards me,
as we touch I feel her warmth,
as we embrace in that misty place,
I look into her eyes,
I see joy, love, and caring,
as I look into her eyes all my worries disappear,
my spirits soar as I look at her,
I feel I can fly,
I feel I can accomplish anything,
as we embrace in that misty place,
she places her lips on mine,
at that time I wake up,
realizing it was all a dream,
I feel sorrowful for a time,
but I think of her smile,
and instantly I smile,
all my sorrow is washed away,
now whenever I need a smile,
I think of her."

Now I can't get the dream out of my head... I don't know why I had the dream...

I don't dream very often lately, but I have had some very strange, and lucid dreams. In states of exhaustion, depression or dehydration I see the largest occurrance of lucidity. Mostly sleeping with my eyes open and trying to make sense of what I see in my dreams. For instance, once I was in the car with my hat pulled down over my eyes and I fell asleep. I could see the dashboard through one eye. In my dream I could see everything in the dream in my left eye, but my right eye was "stuck" with the picture of my dashboard. I was afraid I was losing my vision and told my mother what was happening (still dreaming here). Then I realized that I was sleeping, and so I memorized the odometer reading in my dream. When I finally awoke, I checked the odometer, and I was exactly right. Isn't that funky!?! Another time I was sleeping in the library at school and could see my arms folded across my chest. When I tried to move them, I couldn't. Later, I learned from my Bio prof that in sleep our bodies do go into a semi-parylytic state to protect us from dream-thrashing and hurting ourselves. Which explains why I could not move my arms!Bizarre?!?