xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kubi

Looking For A Book

I have a short description a friend gave me, of one of her favorite books. I can't seem to find it, and she can't remember the name. Wondering if anyone can help fill in the blanks here.

Here's the description;

Well I think it's a teenage boy, and he enters this huge house or something, and notices a large tapistry or something on one wall. At one point it's a single line but then splits into two. The farther into the tapistry, the more split lines and chaotic it gets.
And it turns out it represents like endless alternate universes from different choices that could have been made at any given moment in time.

Sorry it can't be more elaborate. Hope I get some ideas ;).

If you are looking for a good book to read, you should try Michael Crichton's State of Fear Awesome read. I read all 600+ pages in about 5 - 1hour sessions.

Sorry I don't know your book. I know how frustrating it is to look and look without knowing title or author. I recently finally found a book that I had been looking for since a child, and didn't have the money to buy it. Dangit! ;)

It sounds like something I've read but neither my memory nor Google can solve this. I would suggest asking your friend and maybe triggering his/her memory about what the book looked like, etc. That might help!