xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pokethamage

China Can Shoot Down Satellites!

My dad first told me about this...can the Chinese be starting the move to take over the century like the Times Magazine said? My dad said that everything the US has are based on satellites. If US loses all its satellites it would fall. I believe that. What do you guys think? I think China just showed that it's a power to be reckoned with... PS: Yeah I know the grammar's messy...it's hard to translate Chinese into English you know?

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

when will american governments stop being such a**** i mean please the Chinese shot down their own god damned satellite, america doesnt own space and it never will as much as it wants to, the American government are propaganda spreading scum intent on destroying the eastern world because we all know america is the greatest country in the world...not. America isnt the only one with satellites in space everyone has so america needs to but out. China has the right to launch missiles into space and do whatever the hell they want as long as it doesnt harm the property of anyone else which it hasnt. China arent challenging the world theyre testing themselves and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to think twice. If they wanted to engaged the world in war they could, they have nukes, missiles the lot. Sorry if i offended anyone but i hate the American government and i actually wish death upon bush and in fact blair. They cant spread these lies about the world and live. freedom is what the Chinese are exercising, well the government as we all know that the chinese leadership is also scummy. And the american leaders dont want the world to have freedom they are trying to control the world. I believe they did actually try claiming ownership of space at one time... i say no more except we need to see the truth not american or british government lies. for the record im british and i mean this post to offend no-one except the government of the above mentioned countries.

The Chinese are showing that they are a superpower. I am quite surprised at how the USA were shocked about the Chinese demonstration up in space. Hey America, wake up, China will be the most potent superpower on this planet in very few decades. Better get used to it now :P Anyway, of course it is dangerous that one nation can actually dominate space and the satellites. On the other hand, lately the USA have been sending out many direct threats (like against Iran and NK) as well as many indirect threats (towards China). If China was ever to attack Taiwan the USA promised military help for Taiwan. Now the USA might possibly not because they'd risk their communication backbones.So maybe the Chinese are not just testing themselves, I believe behind their nice and peaceful words that intend to ensnare the West, there is also a strategic and competitive component to any action they take.

Hmm, china is pretty much a superpower, already. At least a 'young' one. However, such things come and go - a country's place of power on the planet can be affected by a lot of things.For example, China is a good candidate for internal turmoil. I'm not saying there's going to be a massive rebellion or anything, but times change, and people change with those times. China is treading a very fine line today; trying to balance a lot of factors - and so far it IS succeeding. But will it continue to succeed? Possibly. Or perhaps it might change into a nation not quite so concerned with power - which would actually be wisdom.You know the old saying 'Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown'? - well, if only people would realize it, that saying applies to nations as much as to people. The nation with supremacy has power to dictate terms, but it also has a host of problems to deal with that 'lesser' nations have less of.Possessing arms alone does not make a country strong - and even true strength can be a passing phase. In the last century Russia rivaled America for power - in the century before that, Britain and France competed. Today america is a great power, but it's also heavily in debt. Tomorrow perhaps china and india will compete with each other - until they're in their turn replaced by some other nation entirely.Anyway the previous paragraph was a bit off topic - to get back to the topic, finance and people sometimes are greater factors in the rise and fall of nations than it's ability to wield advanced weaponry.

i don't think that the U.S would allow all there satellites to be shot down with out them doing something. Also we don't know if the U.S have backup satellites waiting for a event like this to happen also if china does something like that i guarantee that there would be a big war and china would not want to start something like that would they?

Hm..yeah that is kind a scary but then again there are weapons to destroy the whole world present for quite a long time and if the war comes, we are most likely to destroy our planet. So not such a big deal - USA has weapons to destroy everything and now they are pissy pissy when china has something that they don't haveI tell you, like little kids...Best whishes

when will American governments stop being such a**** i mean please the Chinese shot down their own god damned satellite, America doesn't own space and it never will as much as it wants to, the American government are propaganda spreading scum intent on destroying the eastern world because we all know America is the greatest country in the world...not.
America isn't the only one with satellites in space everyone has so America needs to but out. China has the right to launch missiles into space and do whatever the hell they want as long as it doesn't harm the property of anyone else which it hasn't.

Right on! My thoughts exactly ;)

It does seem that the American government is thinking of itself but claiming to be thinking of the world. For example, "We are worried that the world's(America's) satellites could be shot down, effectively crippling countries across the globe(America)"

Hmm, china is pretty much a superpower, already. At least a 'young' one. However, such things come and go - a country's place of power on the planet can be affected by a lot of things.

True, true. Power is not anything permanent. I think that's what the American government still has to learn.

USA has weapons to destroy everything and now they are pissy pissy when china has something that they don't have

Au contraire, America, along with Russia, also has the ability to shoot down satellites.

I do agree that they (the American government) are a typical display of crab mentality*. They don't like progress for anyone else but themselves. ;)

*Crab mentality - put a bunch of live crabs in a basket and watch them try to escape. Notice how each crab, in its ascent, pulls everyone else down.

They would be some kind of UN intervention involved if this happens. But I'd have to agree about America (which has the most powerful weapons, etc and other things) getting throwing a tanty when some other nation seems to have something that they dont.

they will try to get something more powerful.. then the chinese will try to get something even more powerful to show the usa that they cannot own everything - the usa will develop new weapons/technoligies and the circle closes....welcome to hell

You guys have some pretty messed up reasoning. Uhm...they shot down their own satellite and that makes it OK? Didn't Iran and North Korea do all of their Nuclear development and testing in their own country? Does that make it OK? If your neighbor shot his own chimney off with a rocket propelled grenade, would that be OK? Do you see where I'm going with this?It's NOT OK!!! WHY THE HELL ARE THEY DEVELOPING TECHNOLOGY TO SHOOT DOWN SATELLITES??? Do you think they're JUST going to use it to shoot down their OWN satellites? NO!!! They're going to use it to knock out the comm system for the goddamned PLANET and hold EVERYONE hostage with their new weapon system!!!It's folks like you that make this world a REALLY dangerous place. If ANY country (including our own) tests out weapons of mass destruction without the knowledge and cooperation of the UN and it's allies, then they set the stage for aggression. See...that makes people antsy and antsy people tend to make similar or more powerful weapons to make sure they can counter a new perceived threat. It's called weapons escalation....we did it throughout the Cold War....it was stupid then and it's stupid now.China has spent the last decade trying to prove itself a new, innovative, forward thinking economy with its warlike was well behind it...and then they go and do THIS!??? We're back in WWII again people..oh, hell...WWI!!!!! THIS IS SCARY!!! WAKE UPP!!!

Ill assume youre a victim of the paranoid area they call america.Do you think that America doesnt have nukes? missiles capable of destroying satellites just like china? guantanamo bay? claims to own, yes OWN, space around the earth, a paranoid conception of the world, especially the eastern word, EG china, iran, iraq, and korea and any other country they believe is either too weak to win or is getting to strong?Please save the talk that America is defending the world and we need america, the world would be better off if bush, and blair, because although im English i know he is a turd, died tonight. And yes is my neighbour shot his chimney off with a rocket so long as he didnt even think about aiming it me then fair enough, sure id be a bit scared but i wouldn't invade his house and kill him AND his entire familly. and a the guy next door using an RPG is a bit different to a country thousands of miles away using a missile. At the end of the day Bush is a deluded fool who has spread propaganda, as has blair, we cant excuse him, to convince his country of lies and infact his own government has turned on him now. The world is seeing how paranoid he is, he blamed god for invading iraq for god's sake! If china want to shoot their own satellites they can, they can do what they want in internation areas or in their own country as long as they harm no-one and space is international and the satellite was their own. There is no problem with that at all.

Wh should we care it was their satellite not ours? As long as they dont shoot down ares or some other country's satellite thaey can play with it all they want, but that's just my opinion and one many probably agree with. But it is neat they can shoot a satellite out of space.

I'd say taht its time to find another way to provide better communication, in case of a war and the satellits are attacked, then our life throughout the world will be blocked, no more Internet, phone calls, and everyone will be stranded without knowing what is happening around them.

I'd say taht its time to find another way to provide better communication, in case of a war and the satellits are attacked, then our life throughout the world will be blocked, no more Internet, phone calls, and everyone will be stranded without knowing what is happening around them.

Hey...Internet exists by satellite? I thought it was phone lines...there were no satellites when some people at MIT created the internet in 1969 were there?

Anyways, China isn't that evil...they're just trying to get stuff to keep the US out of their fight with Taiwan...and threatening to screw America over is a pretty persuasive tool IMHO...and (my imagination is quite good) if N.Korea decides to nuke the world and their missiles take a long time to reach the destination, China can shoot it down while it's in space...(what good that'll do I don't know =P...maybe it'll destroy the ozone and we'll all die...)

Anybody listened to American Idiot by Greenday?It sums up a LOT of what's being discussed here.I live in Australia but my parents came from China. And they're extremely patriotic. I have mixed feelings.I too, believe that the likes of George WTF Bush should really start minding their own business. His own people are dying thousands of miles from home, and he's worrying about another country wanting to save approximately one week of time and destroying their OWN property. The debris obviously didn't hit America, Australia, or Europe's satellites. Nor did they hit the satellites of other countries. Our Prime Minister called in the Chinese Ambassador to explain. I reckon he's the type of person who would follow George Bushfire Bush no matter what. Name the last time he objected to Bush's ideas.And remember how, a few years ago, the USA sent a spy plane over China? I can't remember the exact details but the Chinese jet pilot who went up to face off the spy plane ejected his seat after an attack or something and vanished. I don't think the Chinese did anything against the US.But the USA has, for a long time, disliked China, according to my parents. So I guess it's just another move to dis them.

Edited by detportal (see edit history)