xisto Community

the site design looks simple and loads fast with no heavy graphics.I'd suggest you to add a few more sections like latest downloads, most downloaded etc.

Its clean and looks good, I can see it working.One small suggestion is to change the red title banner, I say this because it kinda make it look like one of those slightly "untrustworthy" sites that was done quick to reel people in!... maybe try a tint that changes from left to right or not just a square edged title bar!I don't mind if you keep it as it is though! its nice.good job :P

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

Well, the site is as simple as one can be and nothing special really. At least, it doesn't look ugly but I won't remember its design tomorrow either. Maybe some more graphics or use of flash would change the perspective but still, maybe you had the simplicity in mind when you were creating it. At least, it looks natural enough.But I do have to criticize its basis and its purpose. I mean, will people look for your site, to look for what, reviews and links ? Internet badly needs some reinvention and some neoteric ideas and material. I would advise you to find one instead of losing time with this project...Of course, I'm not here to criticize anyone's work... For all I know, it may become more succesful than google but I still feel the need to urge you to find something which will actually involve people getting interested in...Just ask this question, would you bookmark it ?Ps. Maybe I'm wrong :P

Your design looks very similar to those annoying sites that come up occasionally when you type in a domain that has been bought because it's name is similar to a popular site. There is the possibility this will deter any viewers that arrive at your site.You also provide no information to viewers as to what the site is actually about apart from the title. You have no real 'index' or home page, you are thrown straight into the downloads and links, and unfortunately that makes the site look like it is advertising a paid product and most people will turn away.Finally, a minor problem. The bottom black border moves depending on what browser you use (Opera it is half way up the page, IE puts it to the bottom). However, no matter what, the border always cuts across the middle of the content rather than being forced to the bottom of all the content.

I like the concept of the site very much. The only thing is to make your site more professional looking. I think that would help a lot because your site seems a little on the cheap side. The other thing you should do is add more content to it. There is a good number of things on your site, but I think by adding more content to your site that will most-likely give you a lot more visitors to your site, boosting the profit ( I see you have some ads on your site.) That's just some of the suggestions I have, it is a good site, but there are things that you can do to improve it!

The site is a simple one which loads quick and is easy to navigate. One thing I would do is use tables and set the width as percentages to span all way over the screen and resize according to the screen size/window size. I would make a professional looking logo and not use just text on the website as a logo, as this can sometimes give impressions of a scam website. In Internet Explorer I get the folowing error:

Line: 16Char: 1
Error: 'commenter_name' is undefined
Code: 0
URL: http://onlinedownloads.org/

Also let me point out in Internet Explorer the content in the middle actualy comes out of the layout border, I suggest this should be fixed.

The Google search in the footer is a bit random I think also, maybe put it somewhere else?

The website is indubitably very fast and loads for me in about 0.6s (2MB/s broadband) and I'm sure dial-up users will experience page loadings of a few seconds; but, are dial-up users really the main target for a download site? Maybe there is room to add a few more graphics and provide the current layout as a low-bandwidth alternative.

Lots of your download links are to the site hop.clickbank.net. There is nothing wrong with making some money out of the site but I recommend you make an effort to hide the fact that the links are to that site. It doesn't invoke a feeling of trust.

Layout: 6/10

Content: 4/10

Originality: 2/10

Truthfully, the site needs a lot of work. I'll still be using download.com for my downloading needs.