xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
QuickSilva

Should I Make A Move?

Hello,

Well this is the story:

There is this girl at my School, in all my classes and we get along really well. She is very attractive, but i'm the one who she seems to want to talk to. In English and in Technology we sit next to each other. And the day before when I see what lessons I have the next day I always look forward to sitting next to her and talk to her. We have basicly the same personality, same beliefs, same everything really, but I am too scared to take the next step and ask her out on a date. I am the type of person who doesn't jump straight in, I like to get to know them really well before I do anything. People in my classes regard me as not really into anything like this, but inside deeply I am, but too scared to show it. You may class me as a bit shy at some parts, but to be honest, I am not shy at all and can stand up to almost everything. As Valentines day gets nearer I really want to get her something, but it might embarrass her/me and that is also what I am scared of. I suppose if everyone is getting someone something, it isn't just me, but that doesn't really matter. The thing I am scared of and getting back to the topic is asking her out on a date. Yes you may think this is quite a simple thing, but the thing I am scared of is her rejecting me and us not being friends again. In lesson I always sit next to her, or if we are in the computer rooms I stand up just to talk to her, and the teacher keeps getting very annoyed with me for doing this. See all the people in my class suspect that I fancy her, well not suspect, but know, so that kinder makes it a bit better.

Conclusion:

Should I make a move and ask her out on a date, or not?

-Tom

Edited by Shining (see edit history)

Fist of all, does she have a boyfriend? Coz if she does, then it might be a bad idea to make a move on her.If she's single, then go ahead. If you're sure about your feelings, then I dont see any reason why you should hide it. Atleast you'll also find out about how she feels about it so you dont have to wonder anymore. Who knows, she might feel the same too.:PJust remember to stay true and tell her how you really feel so that there will be no misunderstandings. Good luck dude! :P

I know for sure she is single, I just don't know if she wants to stay single.

I always stay true, so I shall keep doing that.

If she's single, then go ahead. If you're sure about your feelings, then I dont see any reason why you should hide it. Atleast you'll also find out about how she feels about it so you dont have to wonder anymore. Who knows, she might feel the same too.

Ok, thank you very much for the advice, it is greatly accepted. :P

...I always look forward to sitting next to her and talk to her. We have basicly the same personality, same beliefs, same everything really, but I am too scared to take the next step and ask her out on a date. I am the type of person who doesn't jump straight in, I like to get to know them really well before I do anything....

well, "asking" someone out on a date, doesn't necessarily mean you're already asking her to be your girlfriend. unless you're really wanting to go that way. i understand how you feel, you know, being giddy and excited to see her and all. i think it's just natural i guess if you have got a connection. you want to be more with them.

the answer is YES, go make your move. after all, it's just a date. people won't make a fuss about it, except to the people who think that "it's so not you". but of course, mischievous people only do gossips. don't mind them. getting her a present for valentine's wouldn't be bad as well. although that would make her feel like you're already making a move that you want her to be your girlfriend. just take it slow, do everything one step at a time. getting a girlfriend isn't as easy as 1-2-3. you said it yourself, you want to know her more before you take it a notch higher.

hope that helps.

Hey ShiningYeah there is nothing with asking a girl out on a date. I'm sure you would like to get past the frienship stage (obviously! lol) so just make a shot at it. Life is full of risks. If you never made a risk life would be pretty boring now wouldn't it? Go for it. The best thing could happen to you, and its worse thinking constantly about "what if" then a 'No'. Just make sure you stay friends with her even if she says no. You seem like a nice guy so I don't think she will. I hope that you get the girl hehe.Good luck. Cheers,Jester

Yep, well thanks for the help everyone! Tommorow I will ask her in person. Hopefully all will go right. Thank you thejestergl, you have gave me the confidence. Well all I can say is "wait and see"! :P

If she truely makes you happy, don't let her go. Do not try anything smart to push her to find out your answer on whether or not she likes you. Make sure to ask her out, if not you'll regret it for the rest of your life. Ask her in a vague way so it can be taken in many ways. If she says shall think about it, prepare to be bombarded by other girls wondering why you've asked her out. Make she to be honest as girls talk. but hopefully she will say "Yes! I've been waiting for you to ask me all this time!" and you will be fine. Best thing to do is to be really nice to her and ask her out on the big V Day.

Yep, well thanks for the help everyone! Tommorow I will ask her in person. Hopefully all will go right. Thank you thejestergl, you have gave me the confidence. Well all I can say is "wait and see"! ;)

It's been awhile anything happen guess it didn't work ;)

Ohhh come on Iceblade, have a little more faith in him. ;) Maybe he is too busy with his new girlfriend to bother coming to tell us what happened. Maybe she has locked him in the cupboard somewhere. ;)

Well to be honest, I actually forgot to post a reply to this. I only am replying because I remembered when I saw it on the "Latest Activity" table at the bottom of the page. I can happily say that we are together and in a happy relationship, which I hope continues for a long while to come.With Valentines day coming up shortly, I hope this can be a good year, and we will have a good time. Some people say that if they reject, they won't be friends, but that isn't only the case. Well for me this paid off... Got to rush to school... Bye and thank you very much for all your help!

Well to be honest, I actually forgot to post a reply to this. I only am replying because I remembered when I saw it on the "Latest Activity" table at the bottom of the page. I can happily say that we are together and in a happy relationship, which I hope continues for a long while to come.
With Valentines day coming up shortly, I hope this can be a good year, and we will have a good time. Some people say that if they reject, they won't be friends, but that isn't only the case. Well for me this paid off... Got to rush to school... Bye and thank you very much for all your help!

Good for you ;) Have you maked out yet? lol for valentines day get her some chocolate all girls love chocolate maybe with some roses then, you guys will be dating even longer ;)
Edited by Iceblade (see edit history)

Congradualtions.I hope that you have given yourself a pat on the back. It's not easy telling someone how you feel. I'm in a mess of my own and I do wish it would change, but that's a different story. The point is, saying what you want is never easy, but you have to remember the saying:"The best things in life are never free."Take the time and applaud yourself. You got you prize.