xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gta

Codec Packs (divx, Wmv, Mpeg3, Mpeg4 Etc.) Nimo codes pack 5

Has anyone found a codecs pack that has real player divx wmv codecs inside? I know about nimo codecs pack 5 but it has basics like mpeg3 mpeg4 and divx etc... If any one knows a pack please tell me where i can get it.Thanks

search on google for REAL ALTERNATIVE. that is the codec for real player.also QUICKTIME ALTERNATIVE for mov codec. i have these 2 and i also installed the all-in-one codec pack (google it). I have never had a video i could not play with this setup.

search on google for REAL ALTERNATIVE.  that is the codec for real player.also QUICKTIME ALTERNATIVE for mov codec.  i have these 2 and i also installed the all-in-one codec pack (google it).  I have never had a video i could not play with this setup.

Neither alternatives are "codecs", they're decoders...a codec encodes and decodes data. Not that this is relevant or in any way important...but I'm a big fan of video encoding (DivX usually) and I hate to see things called codecs when they're nothing but glorified filters :-)

Has anyone found a codecs pack that has real player divx wmv codecs inside? I know about nimo codecs pack 5 but it has basics like mpeg3 mpeg4 and divx etc... If any one knows a pack please tell me where i can get it.

Firstly, find out what codec you need...search google for "GSpot"...it's a program which will open a video file and tell you what audio/video codec is required to play the video and whether you can play it.

Next, *don't* download these "all-in-one" sets like Nimo...they install unnecessary codecs that you won't use in your lifetime and which not only take up HD space but they slow your PC down (not much, of course...but have you ever played a video and watched as it takes minutes rather than seconds to play? Now you know why :-))

http://www.doom9.org/ is one of my favourite sources for codecs (note they *also* have some codec packs and you might find the one you want :-)

If you're after a specific codec and can't find it, look in GSpot for its FourCC code (the 4 digit ID...like DivX 3.11 is Div3 :-)) and search on https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl for it with the word "codec" after...if you still can't find it, post here telling me the FourCC and I'll go look :-)

Neither alternatives are "codecs", they're decoders...a codec encodes and decodes data.  Not that this is relevant or in any way important...but I'm a big fan of video encoding (DivX usually) and I hate to see things called codecs when they're nothing but glorified filters :-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol, whatever you say...

bro it all depends on what you need them for

if you need them only to play movies then the lates divx 5 supports the followig 4ccs:div3 div4 div5 and xvid -->meaning that will play 90 % of mowies you will find

but if your into the issue

i recimend my favorite

klitecodecpack

since the home site of this great product has been taken down pm for the pack

and for the record

nimo as a project is dead and im happy couse it was a crappy codec pack

bro it all depends on what you need them for

if you need them only to play movies then the lates divx 5 supports the followig 4ccs:div3 div4 div5 and xvid  -->meaning that  will play 90 % of mowies you will find

Well, excepting VCDs, 3ivX (steer clear of that one :-)), MPEG, VOB (DVD format) and a couple of lesser known ones that WinAMP seem to be using for their video on demand system :-)

(I know, you said 90%)

I would suggest, BTW, that for all the listed codecs that DivX 5 supports that you install their respective codecs in ascending order...it's a little more space-intensive but if you're a purist you'll be happier with the results...and XviD is its own codec so DivX may (dunno if it does) support it but you really should get a build that's been done by Koepi or Nik or someone :-)

but if your into the issue

i recimend my favorite

klitecodecpack

since the home site of this great product has been taken down pm for the pack

and if you go to that site it directs you to http://finalbuilds.com/ which has links :-P

But again I iterate that codec packs are more problem than solution unless you really don't care about your PC and reinstall regularly :-)

and for the record

nimo as a project is dead and im happy couse it was a crappy codec pack

Just like I said :-)

Nimo as an idea was good, but nuclear power as an idea was good too :-)

But again I iterate that codec packs are more problem than solution unless you really don't care about your PC and reinstall regularly :-)

you might wanna explain how couse francly i dont see it :(
codec pack are "all in one" so you dont have to install loads of stand alone apps that spam you pc ->of cource i fyou are know what you are doing
no2 is that divx as a company went comercial so their free decoders and compiled with spyware ->coded packs arent

Ok so i got the klitecodec pack and i'm giving it a try. The features sound good. It sounds a litle werd though because it says klite so one would expect it would be only for cazaa lite. I hope it works for everything.