xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Japan Might Scrap First Moon Mission Ever.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Japan, what can you say they are practically 100 years ahead of everyone else in technology. But the one thing they have yet to do is go to the moon. They have the ship but with years of complications and the fact their spaceship is outdated and in need of massive repairs they might scrap their fist mission to the moon. Of course they never did give the price tag of how much it would cost to fix it. But 12 years of rust who know's what would happen if that thing was launched.

The mission they were going to do was put in these seismic devices and see what kind of data they could get on their moon. But what does this say about their planned mission in 2025 to go to the moon? Took almost 12 years to get these devices ready and not they can't use them. However they are selling them to the highest bidder who is space capable, right now Russia is top dog on that. But I am shocked that America hasn't made bid. Because in 3 years we are supposed to head back ot the moon again, if possible at all because of the huge amount of money being sinked into this war on terror.

But I am shocked that America hasn't made bid. Because in 3 years we are supposed to head back ot the moon again, if possible at all because of the huge amount of money being sinked into this war on terror.

Don't what to go too off topic, but what makes you think we have been to the moon?

As for the fact that Japan is trying to build a space shuttle. Well yeah they are, I don't think 100 years, but 10 or 20 years in front of everyone when it comes to technology. But building a space shuttle requires not only new technology but lots and lots of experience which I'm afraid Japan does not have. Challenger and Columbia may have been disasters for the short term, but they also meant invaluable experience for NASA.

Of course building a space shuttle is also a problem of... yeah MONEY! The USA and Russia are huge countries with a huge population which can support the costs of space flight. You'll ask ... but what about China... it has a huge population (1/6 of the world population) and their space program isn't every developed... so it their economy!

Bottom line is... I'm glad space is no longer reserved only for the US and Russia. This timid step(s) are very welcome... "To explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before"

Oh oyur one of the mooon conspiracy theorist that say, the hwo moon landing was staged, just so USA could claim the first to be on the moon.Now I will admit it was a possibility and I wouldn't doubt the US would or could have done something like that. Then of course spend millions or even billions to fool everyone. However, If thier was any evidence of that happening then maybe, but I do believe American's landed on the moon although I can't prove it that is stated as fact as of this time.Now with the 100 years I was a exagerating just a bit, but it still saying japan is well beyond most countries in the techonology world.No Japan alreayd had a space shuttle built but the equipment that was just now finish screw up the who shuttle launch they planned to do.I may not be a rocket scientist, but I do believe Japanese scientist know what their doing in building a shuttle, yeah they like experience but they have the skills to pull it off or even better maybe who knows.Agree with you that space flight is built on economic power and China lacks that at the moment, but in the last 6-6 years they been building it up good, no matter how corrupted it is.

iam interested in what they want to do there. i mean there were severel moon flights with researches and such. i dont think they would do anything they dont have an advantage from. maybe the pass the moon and fly straight to mars :P

It's probably a matter of what the Japanese society considers important. That, and a lot of technological advances made in Japan are mainly in consumer electronics which are mainly a private enterprise, whereas a fully fledged space program would (at this stage) be run by the government. According to the article they planned a trip to Mars earlier but scrapped it? I would imagine that was way too ambitious, but to put off going to the moon as well seems to be a major setback. If anything, you could consider Japan's close relationship with the US allows them some access to the space programs the US runs - in which case they may not feel an urgent need to develop their own?

I personally think Japan has no reason to go to moon. They should focus on bettering themselfs on earth, like they currently have.Untill they start to build anything on the moon Japan shouldn't be worrying to much. But I do think they should really think of purchaseing land on the moon. Incase they do have to start building, that way they can fly out their and build when they want to.

their system is working for them. sure many people, including me, are not happy with that system and cant understand how they can live like this but for them its usual and maybe they are happy with it. of course thate are wired things and cruel bahavior but every country has those problems

Oh oyur one of the mooon conspiracy theorist that say, the hwo moon landing was staged, just so USA could claim the first to be on the moon.
Now I will admit it was a possibility and I wouldn't doubt the US would or could have done something like that. Then of course spend millions or even billions to fool everyone. However, If thier was any evidence of that happening then maybe, but I do believe American's landed on the moon although I can't prove it that is stated as fact as of this time.

Now with the 100 years I was a exagerating just a bit, but it still saying japan is well beyond most countries in the techonology world.

No Japan alreayd had a space shuttle built but the equipment that was just now finish screw up the who shuttle launch they planned to do.

I may not be a rocket scientist, but I do believe Japanese scientist know what their doing in building a shuttle, yeah they like experience but they have the skills to pull it off or even better maybe who knows.

Agree with you that space flight is built on economic power and China lacks that at the moment, but in the last 6-6 years they been building it up good, no matter how corrupted it is.

I'm not saying that the Japanese scientists don't know what they are doing... maybe the ship that their designing is really good. What I meant by "experience" is the problems they'll have to resolve in space. It's one thing to put a man on earth's orbit, but to put a men on the moon is quite a different challenge. That is experience... You should remember that there were 10 Apollo missions before the landing (if of course there was one).
I didn't want to go into this so I wouldn't change the topic of this post, but I simply can help on commenting this... Don't know if you've heard (i just found out by mistake) but it seems that last year NASA managed to loose the famous Apollo 11 footage (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) which might have stopped this conspiracy theories. How could they loose something so important for NASA, for mankind. There is a lot of stuff that doesn't add up (flags flap, multiple shadow, etc). Besides NASA and the USA HAD to pull this off no matter what because the USSR where the first to put a men in orbit. There is a motive and some proof... that makes it no a theorie, but a possibility however remote that may be.

*Not related to all the other opinions before me*Wouldn't this never have happened if they built both the probe and the ship at the same time? They're rich enough to do that...so why not? Or if the probe takes a longer time to build than the ship, why not start it in the middle of the ship construction schedule? They should've multi-tasked...

Honestly I'm surprised that Japan still has yet to even get to the moon. With the technology they have developed over there compared to ours, it always seems like they're a step ahead of us. And since it's almost been 40 years since we went to the moon, why has Japan still not taken a trip to the moon? And just as they were planning to their plans are most likely going to be cancelled.As for the whole US-to-the-moon conspiracy thing, even though it's completely possible, I do not believe our government would lie to us like that on such a big scale. I'm not sure why anybody would think that. I know the government has lied to us on a few things, but what would be the point in it if they lied about going to the moon?

I cant find a reason why Japan hasnt been to the moon, nor why it doesnt have a space program like the United States or Russia. It would seem that it is the next big thing for them since they have little space on their own country. Maybe they would have to see it as a good investment in order for them to start an ambitious program like that. Maybe they could build huge solar panels to create electricity or expand on the moon. Unless it is property of the United States..