xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
qu33n.Bee//x

Interracial Relationships.. Problem Or Not A Problem?

The Beauty of flowers is in their differences in their colours! :P

i think interacial relationships are okay, what matters more, the race/religion of your partner or how good you are together? what are you beliefs on the subject.

I went out with a black girl named Erikka in September. We didn't last too long, only 20 days, but it was still a good relationship. Race didn't affect our relationship at all, it was like the good relationships I've had with white girls. There was no akwardness at all for me and her. I think as long as people respect and love eachother for their inside and not what's on the outside any interracial relationship will work just fine.

I've been with a women of another race and my sister is engaged to a men of another race, so I might have insight. Emotionally and socially there really isn't any different then a normal couple. The same problems and the same love. Physically, ages of seperate breeding has led to slightly more differences in genetics then just color. The scent, habbits, slight changes in behavior, it's noticable, but I loved them and I see no reason anyone wouldn't. It's a personal choice, and if those differences don't work for you, it's fine too. However I wish people in America would be more tolerant(don't really know how it is in other countries), because lots of strangers notice you alot more and some look at you weird and disgusted.

You will always get objections, however you will always get objections with any relationships. You get some 'older' people out there still believe in the more tradinational standard of own race, but this is what makes our world so much better. Being able to move forward and have no problems at all with how we feel or what we feel just because someone is of another race. I think there is more problems and contravesy with gay marriages then anything else within this world of love.

I dont think there will be any problem in an Interracial relationship nowadays . its too natural like no matter what your colour is ,what all depends is that how that particular person is. What matters is his character,personality,not whether the person is white or black , by the way i find some black girls really sexy.

However I wish people in America would be more tolerant(don't really know how it is in other countries), because lots of strangers notice you alot more and some look at you weird and disgusted.

I tend to disagree with you, I find America as a role example because often so, I see black and white people together as a couple, I wished that would be the case in Singapore. There are very very few inter-racial couples here in Singapore and when there is, people around us stare. I am also in an inter-racial relationship for 4 years + now and I really do not appreciate the stares I get just because I am with someone of a different race. I made a thread similar to this before and I was very happy to know that 99.9% of the replies I got were from people who could accept such a relationship. There is still an enormous number of people who cannot accept inter-racial relationships, many a times it is because of people being too stuck on their own race.

Hmm, my mom's Irish-American, my dad's Japanese-Tibetan, so you can imagine what my stand is on this issue :PI can only state my personal preferences - from my point of view, intelligence and genuine understanding and love and caring in a relationship are what really matter. I HAVE known people who are stuck on race - hey, I've be rejected by girls in both the east and the west sometimes because of my mixed heritage, and it bothers me as much as water bothers a duck, probably less.I like having racists around, if a girl is racist, I know she's probably got a completely different way of thinking and world-view from mine, and so is probably completely incompatible with me. So the moment I get any racist issues from a girl, I smile, and move on to a girl who DOESN'T care about my race, but cares about me, and the kind of PERSON I am, instead.Men don't have racial issues with me, being a master of seven martial arts, and a person whose been in countless street-fights, both in the east and in the west, usually with racists. Male racists I can handle - there's something straightforward and decent and honest in a man coming for me with a baseball bat cause he doesn't like my race, I think. It's decent and honest cause he's making no bones about it, and is willing to have his legs broken for his beliefs - and I call that honest, surely.There's nothing quite like being an Irish-American-Japanese-Tibetan to have a nice, global view of racism in all it's forms, I think. I could probably turn the study of it into a science (arrggh, it probably already is, hehe).

Well, I am some sort of mixed-race, I'm between 1/8 and 1/4 berber and the rest Arab, but I think this doesn't really count, or does it? And, I think it doesn't matter as here, in Algeria where I actualy live, no one really gives a damn about their race, they're all Arab-Berber, and some Europeans, Chinese, and Africans, here in my city, they start "mixing" with Europeans, and in smaller numbers with Africans... Duh, we're developing!

There is no problem with interracial relationships because I don't think it really matters what you look like, or your cultural background. Though some parents or grandparents may find a problem with it because some don't really feel that you should date out side of your own culture. But again, that is more of a traditional thing, which I am not fond of. I think that if you love a person, or hey even just like them, dating them is fine whether or not they are the same race, religion, etc. I hope that everyone accepts this some day. Or at least deals with it so that the persons who are dating can be happy together without having to worry about what their friends or family think.

Im 1/2 spanish 1/2 irish so i come from interracial familys...but im from vallejo cali so there really isnt any race problems out here...its the melting pot in my city and there really isnt a dominance of any race...Everyone gets along race wise...So when it comes down too interracial relationships...its everwhere and theres very few people who even look twice at a couple of different races...its very accepted here and....well i think its good too explore the other races

I think my family prefers for me to be with a person my own race (Filipino)but I think that they would allow me to date whoever I want as long as I'm happy (of course).It's weird because in the many people that I have liked there's one been one Filipino.And the others weren't necessarily Asian either.Other than that, if you personally don't believe in interracial relationships, then don't be in one.Just don't bash the people who do prefer to be in one.