xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ogmonster

Gamemaker Tutorials non-registered

This is gamemaker tutorials made by me only. this is step by step. you will make this through Coding

First you need to download gamemaker. well the link is https://www.yoyogames.com/

you DONT have to register to do this tutorial. this tutorial is based on platformer

anyways:

#1 Launch Gamemaker.exe
________________________________________________________________________________
I. sprites

#2a now, you need to make a sprite. so right click on a sprite folder, then press "Add Sprite".

#2b then "Edit Sprite". double click on the green space. then draw some character. like a ball, ect. just make sure it fits on character position. call it "char"

#2c then save it. repeat 2a-2c but instead make a sprite that best suits a block. call it "block"

#2d make sure the block sprite ISNT Transparent
_________________________________________________________________________________
II. Objects "char" setting up

#3a now for the objects. on the object folder, put "Add Object".

#3b then on the left side, below the name of the objects should be a thing called "<No sprite>".

#3c next to it should be an arrow highlighting a bar. press it and put the sprite "char". there should be the character you made there. do NOT make another one for the block until tutorial says.
__________________________________________________________________________________
III. objects "char" coding

#4a now, here is the hard part. so look CAREFULLY. anyways, the coding part. find the bar called "Add Event". press it. then press "step". 3 types of steps are there. PRESS "step". now go over to the right. press the tab "controll". then there will be a piece a paper folded with NO green arrow. drag that into the Bigger empty space. now in that script.

#4b add this to the codeing area

if place_free(x,y+1){gravity=0.5}else{gravity=0}if vspeed>8{vspeed=8}

#4c now "Add Event", "keyboard", press <left>, add code D&D, then code this:

if place_free(x-6,y){x-=6}else{move_contact_solid(180,6)}

Then "Add Event, "Keyboard", Press <right>, add code D&D, then code this:

if place_free(x+6,y){x+=6}else{move_contact_solid(0,6)}

Then "Add Even, "Key Press", Press "<up>", add code D&D, then code this:

if !place_free(x,y+1){vspeed=-12}.

name this object "objChar"

Sooo Simple. the simplest one in the whole tutorials. anyways

#5a. Repeats step 3a-3c but put it block.

#5b.{new} there will be 2 check boxes. one saying "solid", another saying "visible". check on "solid".

#5c. Name the object "objBlock". and save it

ok. READY for the last things? ok, no more numbers, just direct instructions.

now, go back to ObjChar. "Add event". "Collision", then collide with "objBlock". then add code D&D and type this on the coding area:

move_contact_solid(direction,12);vspeed=0

then your done with the objects completly. go to the room folder, right click, "add room", then use the blocks to go straight in a row. then press F5. save the game of course.

if you go through the walls, then look at 5b VERY closely.

thats the end with the tutorials. hope i made everyones life happier of doing platformer tutorials for non-registered people =) have fun with this. any problems PM me... if the mods accept this tutorials

Nice tutIts been a while since I did anything with Gamemaker, I was upset when it went to registed.It really is a nice platform tho, you can do quite a lot just by using the GUI, and the code is really simple.In fact all you have to do to make a gml file is open notepad, wright your code and name the file yourname.gml.It will read the file even though it was made in notepad.Like I said I haven't used Gamemaker in a while so that may have changed, but I doubt it.Just curious, have they fixed the alpha transparency bug?The old one would only use transparencies if they were 100% opaque.Thanksnewt

Very good tutorial, what is your name on the GMC, I may know you.I haven't used good 'ole GM in a while, although I have made a few scripts e.g. mouse_over(x1, y1, x2, y2) etc...I've just been to busy making a site with PHP to put my examples on. :P