xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bebe

Reduce Acne

I've never really taken my acne treatment stuff really seriously really yet, but I haven't seen a dermatologist either. I've sort of wondered if hydrogen peroxide would work on clearing acne. It is supposed to get rid of infections or whatever so I figured maybe it'd work for acne, but I'd be too scared to try unless I know it works. Sure it'll probably burn but it might do the trick I think.

oh no. don't just take any medication without the advice of your doctor/dermatologist. i don't know if hydrogen peroxide is good for your facial skin, rather good for clearing acne. but i think the product for that is benzoyl peroxide (can't remember the spelling). but if you want a regimen for that, there's always mild soap or cleanser for cleansing the face, toner for returning the normal pH of the skin (soaps tend kill all the bacteria, even the good ones on the skin, and also affects the pH of the skin), and lastly moisturizer to maintain the moisture of the skin (soap tends to strip moisture off the skin). of course the product to use depends on you, whichever suits you bets,and as advised by your doctor. if needed be, they'll tell you which kinds of medications to take.as for home remedies, you'll have to search for that over the net. but please do be careful in taking such remedies. it doesn't really mean it works on all skin types. (i do have used one or two tips before, but i really can't keep on with doing it daily, since i don't have the ingredients most of the time)and i think there are also foods that you have to avoid. these kinds of food affects oil secretion of your skin and thus affecting the appearance of acne.

had problems with this some time ago and its coming back from time to time if iam stressed or getting ill... but i really dont mind cuz its a thing happening to everyone and noone of the persons i know (and i care about) make jokes of this or anything like that

I've never really taken my acne treatment stuff really seriously really yet, but I haven't seen a dermatologist either. I've sort of wondered if hydrogen peroxide would work on clearing acne. It is supposed to get rid of infections or whatever so I figured maybe it'd work for acne, but I'd be too scared to try unless I know it works. Sure it'll probably burn but it might do the trick I think.

I think that you would be better off using Rubbing Alcohol on cotton swabs to clean off your face, it is actually used as a cleaning agent, while Hydrogen Peroxide is more used for disenfecting wounds.

I use a topical solution prescribed by my doctor made my Fougera and it works pretty good, when i put it on i can smell the Rubbing alcohol in it.

---------

Some advice for keeping acne clear:

Less Caffine

Clean Pillowcases

Clean Hair (Free of Oils)

Use a facial wash - I suggest something like Neutrogena Oil free ance wash, it's what i use

Less Chocolate

I think that you would be better off using Rubbing Alcohol on cotton swabs to clean off your face, it is actually used as a cleaning agent, while Hydrogen Peroxide is more used for disenfecting wounds.

whoops! while alcohol can kill germs, it really can't be used on your face :P that's nuts! your dermatologist would probably shout at you if you did that. it dries your skin (even if the alcohol says it has moisturizer or something) and it is harsh for your facial skin. though cleansers naturally have alcohol in it, the type of alcohol found in cleansers are different from the one found in rubbing alcohol.

You can use aftershave as that has alcohol in it and it will kill any bacteria on your face. The best stuff to use is some sort of antiseptic solution as it will get rid of the bacteria. Soap will also help if you wash your face once or twice a day and try to eat less fatty foods. Eating lots of fruit will also help.

Less Caffeine I could definitely work on. I just use the same stuff my brother did to get rid of his acne which he still has sometimes but not as bad. I also heard that cheese is also a problem with acne. I am not really too worried about it either because no one makes fun of me or anything, it's just a part of growing up. I just have to be persistent with cleaning my face and using the stuff I bought to help get rid of it.

Never really thought of acne as a problem because i always told myslef that when i got bigger it would dissapear and then I would finally be acne free, but one thing that has interested me always was proative. Even though it might be a gimmick or a trick or something it seemed so real since they always showed althletes and people who have used it and they said it worked and if an athlete said something wokred then i think it treally does work. Idk it just if an ahtlete or someobyd famous backs something up some reason I think that it works even if it is a scam!

Idk it just if an ahtlete or someobyd famous backs something up some reason I think that it works even if it is a scam!

That is exactly why they put athletes or someone famous in a commercial. It's called propaganda. The athlete, even if their face is clear, will use the treatment once and say that it worked great for them. It's just a testimonial but usually isn't true. They do that to convince you that it must work if someone famous uses it. Sometimes though it is indeed used by that athlete and what they say is true, but you have to be careful.

yeah, but it works. If an athlete or some hot girl is promoting a porblem look for me to buy it. Even thought I know that the person may not use it, im willing to take the risk!

Yeah I just broke out underneath my nose a couple of days ago and I just picked up this stuff called AcneFree. I haven't tried it yet but I got it from Walgreens and it looks like it's pretty good stuff so hopefully for me it'll work really well.I'm not sure about using hydrogen peroxide for cleaning up acne but I can see it working. Has anybody tried that?

Hmm - problems with acne can usually be divided into 'normal' or 'mild' cases and chronic acne that can persist for years.Unfortunately the chronic kind is sometimes actually an inherited condition.For the more usual type of acne, first of all, try avoiding:1) Clothing, hats or helmets that retain sweat and moisture.2) Long hair that keeps brushing against the skin of the neck or face. Also avoid sleeping with your face on damp hair. If you use hair gels or sprays, be careful that they do not touch the skin of your face.3) Food. We don't know for CERTAIN, but some foods may aggravate the condition. See if you have an 'outbreak' after eating a certain food, and avoid it in future.4) Certain kinds of cosmetics may trigger acne as well. Be observant - if you notice a cosmetic triggers your acne, avoid it.For mild acne there are cleansers, topical gels and creams available - as acne can be caused by several conditions, you might have to experiment with a few of these before you find what works best for you. A suggestion would be to try out a 'new' acne cream on a limited area and see how well it works.DO NOT go for a product just because some athlete endorses it. They're being paid to dupe you, and you should try to foil their evil plans as much as possible, hehe.If you have serious problems with acne, the very best thing you can do is consult doctor. This is because serious acne can have any one of several causes, and it's important to locate the specific cause of your acne before treatment. Medical treatment for acne includes antibiotics and hormonal pills. Severe cases are treated with Accutanea.Whatever the treatment your doctor prescribes, KEEP TO IT for a cure.