xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Spyda

Global Climate Chaos!

The European commission yesterday stepped up the EU's campaign to lead the fight against climate change by warning that global warming was so catastrophic that it could trigger regional conflicts, poverty, famine and migration.Setting out a strategy to combat global warming and improve Europe's energy security at the same time, it said the secondary effects of climate change, such as conflicts elsewhere, would inevitably affect even a less vulnerable Europe.In the wake of last year's Stern report in the UK, the commission forecast severe impacts on certain ecosystems, with some species and habitats disappearing, and a decline in global food production, with the spread of infectious diseases such as malaria and dengue fever.

Source: .https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/jan/11/greenpolitics.eu

ALSO REEAD FULL ARICLE THERE, JUST CLIPPED PART OF IT!

Very interesting article. I never thought that global warning could trigger things like poverty and famine and migration, but then i began to think about this and it made so much sense to me. If a family is living in a country, lets say a hot countru (hmm.....let me think of one), I got one how about Sudan in Africa, which I think is realtively hot, correct me if I am wrong. So the family is poor and what makes it worse is the heat. The cause of hear will cause many problems to the family. The main problem that pops into my head is dehydration because of the heat and they probably will be active. So with dehydration this causes the family to try and get as much water as they can. Let's say this particular family does not have any source of water clost to them (They have a source but it is not plentiful and because of the village (forgot to add they live in a village) they aren't able to get too much water. Since, the family has 5 members tension is high, they all want water. The weather as never been this wiked, but because of GLOBAL WARMING they have had a harsher time then usual. What will be caused of this mostly likely death. (Now i just made that up, none of that is based on anything or anyone, but this is likely to happen, partly because I've seen this on t.v many many times. But since the article is based on Europe maybe this owuld not happen in a country like Sudan! Also, if the [Fictional] family was low on water they will most likely spread many diseases, like said above. So really Global Warming is more of an issue then before. I really hope that more and more people start relizing this is not a joke and it is really occuring.

P.S. (Sorry about copying the article but it was needed to relivate that article , is relivate a word :P

The government knew this was going to happen but as long as they received their huge amounts af tax they didn't care. Normally when things like this happen something has to give, like a flood that wipes us out or something like that :P. If the leaders of this planet decide to work together we can sort this problem out, reverse what has been done so far and we are all safe for the time being.Google didn't bring anything up for "relivate" but carry on using it and it wont be long before it's in the big-word-book (dictionary).

Yeah, it'll probably take something huge before they decide to do something, because they're making too much money off of (most of) the things they use. All we can do is try and do our part, or to somehow force our government to help :P

Well at least Europe (and even Russia !) has signed the already not-so-important Kyoto Protocol...The only industrial country remaining is OF COURSE, USA...President Bush had opposed the tactic of Bill Clinton, opposing the treaty claiming that it would destroy America's economy....And then people wonder why the whole world hates, dislikes this country :P4 percent of the world population in USA, 25 percent of carbon dioxide produced there...What a pleasure of statistical studies.Well, now, seriously, apart from the treaty not being accepted by all countries, it is also somewhat expired....Even IF Usa accepts it later, which things going like they are right now, we're doomed like it or not...This last winter is only a prelude of what will happen in the NEAR future...Bears not sleeping is only a scratch of the whole auto-genocidal tendencies of our great human civilisation...No bright star-trek future guyz, sorry...

My country used to have a temperate climate with hot summers and cold winters. We also used to have autumn and spring... We used to... :P . For a few years the summers are getting hotter every year and winter is no longer what it used to be... almost no more snow and days with a maximum of 15o C. We only have winter for a week or two when it becomes cold as it should be.But the temperature is nothing compared to the disasters that happen every year. In the mountains it rains/snow heavily and since there is no more spring for the snows to gradually melt, the melting usually takes under a week. There are floods everywhere in April and May, lots and lots of people without homes, other people without food because the water has destroyed their crops. In the last three years we had 1 or 2 massive floods every years... As long as my parents can remember there hasn't been such a long period with foods. Some people even joke on the fact that this government is the unluckiest government ever. We weren't prepared for such floods, not to mention more then one.Yeah global climate is a chaos, but I think this is only the beginning. And I'm afraid we have past the no return point. I think we can only watch as the cookie crumbles... We are just as Agent Smith in the Matrix a parasite slowly eating away all the resources and then moving to another host. We are an anomaly of nature... animals do not kill and eat more they can but we do it, for us nothing is too much. I am pessimistic, I don't think society can change so fast, not without us returning to the stone age. Maybe it is time to look for another planet... We have to do something wrong in order to learn from it.As far as the government concerns, I think what they do is only talk. Once they will take measures, this measures might burn our pockets and our prosperity and I'm sure they will not take that risk. We haven't invested much money into environment protection and I don't think we'll start now...

This all climate situation is a normal consecuence of what poeple do on our little green planet! I think that it is far too late to do anything of real relevance, because what we have done, we have done! We can't save anything in the last moment...BUT we can change the way we think. This whole situation is a result of our materialistic thinking and constant longing for material pleasures - think about it!So, we have "destroyed" the planet, but so did the civilizations before us and that is why the Ice age came and it will come again and again - it is all a big circle and everything that was will be again and everything that will be once already was! No need to panic - just see how things are and you are happy being freed from the constant running after things in our lives that are really not valuable enough to waste our lives on....Best wishes

well, I'm not very worried about global warming. I mean, it's cold where I am, and it's the middle of winter, so as far as I'm concerned, bring it on.

So, we have "destroyed" the planet, but so did the civilizations before us and that is why the Ice age came and it will come again and again

Err... The civilizations before us and that is why the ice age come again and again? Who told you that? I am not sorry for questioning your post as it is way beyond any logic. CO2 and several other greenhouse gases are naturally present on the planet and is released into the atmosphere by vulcanos and marsh land, among other natural sources. If you look up the ice ages you'll see that there have been four ice ages on the planet; the first one in the early Proterozoic Age, one in the Cryogenian period, one in the Late Ordovician Period and the last one in the Carboniferous and early Permian Periods. What civilization present at that time could possibly have cause an ice age?

The theories of why ice ages come are various and complex. A change of the earths orbit around the sun, changes in the tectonic plates and changes of oceanic and continental crust on the earths surface are just some.

What we see now regarding the weather is both natural and man made. The currents in the oceans change with regularity, a change in the southern winds and the nothern cold fronts (the polar front) happens from time to time and is linked with the change of currents in the Paficic Ocean and the Southern Atlantic making irregular weather and warmer climate several places on earth.

Second the greenhouse gases takes up to 50 years to come into effect and taking into consideration the hundred of thousands of tons of C02, Freon, Butane, etc the world has released into the atmosphere since the start of the industrial revoulution two hundred years ago - we are only seeing the beginning of man made climate changes.

iam posting from germany and it should be cold winter now... but its warm so i can go out only with my pullover and jeans without freezing... the sun is shining warm and even at night i can let my window stay opened ... its wired. it feels like we will have spring all the year because the plants start to grow already. but if the winter really breakes in all plants will die and next (real) sprinmg the animals will suffer because they have no food (the bees for example). everyone has seen this caos coming but almost noone acted... now we can watch the world going down

It seems as though some people here think that their flatulence and hairspray is responsible for this queer climate shift we're feeling. Some seem to think signing a treaty will somehow solve things overnight. It's laughable to think that while you're going to school, you're really not learning anything useful. You'll be forced to attend at least four years of college before you can even become critical thinkers. I'm not pointing fingers; I don't have enough fingers!

PEOPLE! Listen up!

The human race has had only a marginal (if any) effect on global climate! Look around you! No, further out. Look at the clear night sky; you'll probably see a couple planets. Astronomers, looking at those same planets with sophisticated equipment have determined that we're not the only ones in our star system experiencing unusually warm climates. The whole system is experiencing it! Any clue why? Anyone??? I'll give you a clue: It's that bright orb you see in the cloudless days, overhead, angry. The sun is giving science a run for its money and it's causing a shift in our weather that no protocol could ever stop. It's easy, being human, to believe you're all-powerful, but you're just an insignificant speck on the skin of this world and if mother earth wanted us all gone, she'd only have to twitch and we'd all be gone just like that - in the blink of an eye.

As an example you can put your collective fingers on: Mt. St. Helens emits more SO2 than all the other sources of this gas combined (on average) in the entire state of Washington. See the article I get this figure from: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If you want to talk about how industry has caused a rapid rise in the rates of childhood asthma, leukemia, MS, or whatever, I'd be willing to entertain it. But don't sell the old "people are responsible for climate change and if the US would only sign a piece of paper then we wouldn't need to feel so guilty" crap here. You're perpetuating a lie that only does harm to the real facts.

Link full of other links for your education and information: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)

Hmm, to an extent watermonkey has a point, though his ways of expressing his points leave much to desired.

You'll be forced to attend at least four years of college before you can even become critical thinkers. I'm not pointing fingers; I don't have enough fingers!

PEOPLE! Listen up! "

Gee, wow. You have a nice attitude to the other members of this forum who have posted on this topic, watermonkey. As a matter of fact, I think several posters here have put forward points that are both reasonably educated and relevant.

---------------------------------

Anyway, to step past the insults and consider what he's REALLY said, he definitely has a point. For example, a little past the middle of the last century scientists were actually predicting a new ice age!! - and of course, resulting global disaster, hehe. So scientists are only human can can definitely be wrong.

Now, that said, if we ignore the 'global warming' issue for a moment, I think that polluting the planet and destroying the environmental heritage of the future are hardly nice things to do to our own descendants. I take the view that we hold the planet 'in trust' for the future, and thus we have a duty to preserve it as much as we can.

As for global warming, I consider that the sun alone is not the only cause of global warming on the planet - humans are certainly contributing their fair share. Sure, the planet warms and cools periodically with fluctuations in the atmosphere of the home star, but humans aren't exactly irrelevant on this world by now - they cover a good deal of the planet and put out millions of tons of carbon into the atmosphere. And a 'greenhouse effect' can definitely contribute to global warming - you just have to look at venus to see that that's quite true.

Measures to counter our contribution to the problems that face the planet can only be applauded. And non-cooperation from the U.S. in these matters can be considered shortsighted and selfish from one point of view, certainly.

I agree that there can be other points of view, watermonkey (such as yours) - and indeed, you've raised some very valid points. But so have other posters on this topic. Their points of view are neither 'uneducated' nor irrelevant.

Yes! It's CHAOS...there's no more "white Christmases" in freaking BOSTON anymore...and it was like 12 degrees Celsius around a week back! THIS IS JANUARY IN CASE YOU FORGOT...A FREAKING 12 DEGREES...PEOPLE WORE T-SHIRTS...

They finally notice huh...>_>...now let's see what they can do about it...maybe get China to go extremely hi-tech? Put solar panels everywhere?

They finally notice huh...>_>...now let's see what they can do about it...maybe get China to go extremely hi-tech? Put solar panels everywhere?

ROFL, hehehe - very funny, pokethamage. Well, as watermonkey said it's possible that the climate change is at least in part due to a 'sun cycle' so it's possible that the white Christmases will come back.

Hmm, as for power conservation - wind farms on the seas would be very nice if we could afford them. Mass transportation also burns fuel more efficiently than individual cars, but then there's the inconvenience, I suppose.
In asia, mass-transportation is used a lot more than in the west, but that's changing now, with cars becoming a 'status symbol'. But then the cars in many parts of asia are smaller - streets in many parts of asia are narrow and crowded, making large cars an inconvenience at the least.

Oh, I just remembered - in india and a few other asian countries they cut off the electric power in some cities from between 3 to 5 hours every day - hows that for conservation? :P No, it's not intentional - these countries are too poor to afford the fuel for 'round the clock' power.

And of course, many villages in asia have no power at all.

Hmm, to an extent watermonkey has a point, though his ways of expressing his points leave much to desired.

The only "good points" other posters have posited that I recall not re-reading all the posts, are points spoon fed to them from the government education centers where they're forced to spend much of their time and the media, not only through shows but news and any other medium of propaganda at their disposal. K-12 schools, in general, dont teach their students to think, they teach them to memorize facts. I remember after high school, I was distressed in college when I realized I was going to have to re-learn much of the subject matter Id already learned before because what I was taught was only half the truth and it was tilted to serve the state. Do you think its an insult when I tell you or this forum that kids today are even more moronic and ignorant than they were 20 years ago? Who am I insulting? You? The kids in todays public schools? How is it their fault? I place the blame squarely on the shoulders of the State (pick a state or country) Head of Department (or Ministry) of Education. Its their disinformation being forced down the throats of the kids. Its not the parents fault, though they could get more involved and informed. I dont blame the victims; I blame the state for creating an entire generation of dumbed-down, brainwashed, drug addicted (pharmaceuticals) obedient slaves wholl be willing to die in their wars enthusiastically never knowing they died for nothing more than the UNs "Agenda 21. https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/documents/agagenda21toc.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agenda_21

You don't like my delivery? I don't like your soft-spoken gentle non-threatening delivery either. (Dont misconstrue this as a personal attack, I neither like nor dislike you, Im still getting to know you, Im merely criticizing your method of delivery, as you did mine.) People, and kids in particular, get enough of that garbage all day long. It's hypnotizing and disarming and it lets in all the lies and propaganda through their psyches more easily. Most people respond to harsh abrupt speech; it serves to "wake them up" so they raise their conscience level to think more clearly. You should try it some time, it's invigorating and energizing. Are you offended that I get angry? Every thinking person should be angry about the state were in, in every way. Environment, social, political, cultural, pharmaceutical, educational, (Im sure you get the point this planet is messed up and most people dont even want to know why. Those people dont frequent forums like this one.) I wont apologize for being angry or animated regardless of if it offends anyone.

Did you have something to critique in particular in my post? I posted a link regarding just one little volcano in the northwest US and how much sulphur dioxide it spews forth in its long-term current eruption. (There are actually between 1500 and 3000 active volcanoes planet-wide.) I also linked to an article that has at least half a dozen links in it regarding the other planets and their satellites heating up. Not gonna take issue with any of those articles? Somehow your opinion really doesn't mean a whole lot unless you back it up with some news articles or, preferably, with science. You know what they say about opinions... In the end they really don't matter. It's only the facts that matter because it's only the facts give us a starting point to work from so we can change things for the better (or worse). (The powers-that-be research facts and history constantly. They experiment to find out what society and people will tolerate and what they won't. That's how they've taken so much control from the individual.) I could be of the opinion that if all people were stripped of their firearms there would be a thousand years of peace and all the world's problems would just evaporate and no one would ever commit suicide again and murder would be a thing of the past. But the fact is that every population that's been disarmed since I don't know exactly when has been exterminated by their own governments. The fact will remain that murder is often carried out without the use of firearms and suicide too. The fact remains that people carrying concealed weapons are in the right place at the right time much of the time and actually prevent violent crimes. But groups like the Brady Bunch don't let these facts get in the way of carrying out their agenda. They know full well the consequence of their actions.

The groups who carry on the myth that global warming can be stopped if only our factories stopped emitting dangerous chemicals or our cars stopped emitting NOx and CO2 don't give a crap about the environment. If they did, they wouldn't push a treaty that was so one-sided against the United States. Have you actually done any research about the Kyoto Protocol? It would do exactly nothing about the amount of emissions expelled in the air. It would only change where it's coming from; instead of North America, it'd come from Asia, specifically China, which while the second largest producer of greenhouse gasses, will remain exempt from the conditions and goals of the protocol. Same goes for India. To put it simply, the protocol is completely unfair and it's just a redistribution of wealth scheme at the end of the day. See a good outline and description at Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyoto_Protocol

Remember what I said and I challenge you and everyone else to prove me wrong: When the government (any government) speaks (through its mouthpiece FOXCNNABCNBCCBSPBS [news media]), it's lying. There may be just enough truth to lure you in, but in the end the agenda of most governments is global hegemony; the erasure of borders, societies, cultures, regional and cultural identity, local customs and law, the creation of One World Government and planetary taxation, international courts, and an entire planet of slaves is the ultimate goal. Fewer slaves by a long shot, but slaves nevertheless. One of their favorite phrases, sirens and alarms should go off in your head when you hear this one, is "...it's for the children."

It's actually kinda surprising the US and Australia didn't ratify the treaty. Our congress voted 95-0 against it. Never fear, though. The U.S. has its own emissions goals they're striving toward that are actually more optimistic than the Kyoto goals and they don't require we give up our sovereignty to accomplish them. And still gas mileage sucks on most autos you can buy here in America and the mileage on diesel-powered vehicles goes down every time a new emissions requirement goes into effect. I think the Jetta/Golf/Beetle is the only diesel powered car platform here right now that still gets good mileage at about 55MPG (42.77L/1000K if my math is right).

Just Tuesday, Jan 23, I saw a link to this from Russia with Love: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Ready the whole thing, noting the third from the last paragraph.

Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)