xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Unregistered 012

Which One Should I Get Guild Wars Factions or WoW

I want to get one of these games. I have heard good things about both in gameplay and many other things. But i also know that you have to pay for World of Warcraft, and that Guild Wars Factions is free. Besides from that i would like to know how much is World of Warcraft a month? How good is the gameplay for both. Which storyline do you think is better and such. And if you have played both tell me which one you think is better. Oh and dont tell me that i should get World of Warcraft just because it has some 9 million people playing it. Thanks

WOW, just because it must be better if your paying for it, but first you can try out the demo. I know there is one. If you have a mac go to the appel homepage/ games and check them out.

It depends really on the style of play you like. Guild Wars is more concentrated on PvP combat (player vs player), whereas World of Warcraft is more focused on PvM (player vs monster/npc). The quests, support and increasing content are rather good on WoW as well, though I have heard a lot of good things about Guild Wars. The subscription fee for WoW is rather high, in my opinion, whereas the cost for Guild Wars is in essence, unlimited subscription. A rumour I heard was that the developers of Guild Wars were some disgruntled former Blizzard employees... As for a WoW demo: us.battle.net/account/activation/landing.html?key&product=WOWC - should work on PC (including your Dell).

Im not really sure if there is a demo for Dell. Really, just google search it and see if there is one. IF there is then you can try it out see if you like it then decide if its worth paying for, if its not then o with the other game you have in mind of downloading:D \And if you do like W.O.W. the nstill download the other game just to see if its any goody, but reallt tht esmart things is to to download the free game,so if you like it a lot you wont accidently pay for a game that hyou dont want in this case W.O.W. Hope that helps

Well first off WoW is actually (depending on where you are playing) heavy on the PvP. Considering that there are two factions (Horde and Alliance) who are sworn enemies it is hard to say that you aren't PvPing. Yes I do agree that World of Warcraft has more into PvM but that doesn't mean that it focuses on it. I know a lot of people who don't go on raids (dungeons) and instead just kill horde for their honor system. You can get gear this way as well, and in the end you end up just killing players from the other faction because if you have all the great gear, and all the great weapons, there isn't much else to do. The payed subscription I believe in twelve dollars a month. But this is if you do "continuous paying" (which is better anyway) which just keeps auto-renewing your subscription month after month. You can freeze your account any time so that isn't a problem, but for people who tend to 'forget' or parents who want their kids to play for X amount of months only, they have those options but you have to pay, say $15 for about 3 months. So the best way to go is continuous. I play it myself, and with the new expansion coming out it is a good idea to start. They have multiple server types so you can either concentrate on leveling or killing the other faction (Roleplaying servers or Player vs. Player servers). Well I hope I helped your decision good luck have fun, and keep MMOing. Jester

WoW has the option of either playing on PvP servers or just PvE servers. PvP servers also has the usual quests, etc while at the same time you gotta look out for opposing players from the other sides. There are friendly zones, so you're safe when you're in your sides capital city, but when crossing into a contested zone or opposing capital city, then the flag comes up, and then opposing players can either hit ya (regardless of level).Either way though, you can still play PvP on a PvE server, (either through a battleground stage or just in the normal world) but its up to the players choice.. it can be turned off again, but the player has to wait 5 mins (without doing a PvP like action) before its officially off.

Personally I don't like Guild Wars Factions or any of the Guild Wars series. So if you have the money I would recommend WoW...if you want to loose a lot of time. If you don't-well don't play MMORPG-s :rolleyes: I know they are fun but really do kill some of your real life