xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nutsnvolks

Weight Loss, Your Way? with all the differant methods what works best for you?

ok, Just wanted to start this as a new year has come in and its time start taking a grip and losing the pounds. Since giving up smoking i have put on a fair bit of weight and i am planning on getting married later this year and really want to look my best, i currently look the worst i ever have done im sorry to say. I have a fairly active job outside doing a wide variety of things from fencing to digging holes to driving machinary so the general activeness of it does vary week by week. What i am curious about is the methods people have found most usefull for losing weight, as much as i would like an easy system with no effort we all know they dont work. so what does???I find it hard to commit to an excersise routine daily as sometimes its been a very active day in work and i am truely exhuasted but sometimes this isnt the case.Also i am concious that i eat alot of cheese, bread and crisps pastrys.what should my next move be? any ideas?

I say you should just watch what you eat.I am not one to talk concidering i eat maybe one meal aday, but eat a couple balanced meals, make sure that it includes some kind of meat, and vegetable, not because they are healthy for you, but if you are exauhsted meat and veggies contain energy in then and that can help to energise you to be a little more active.Chicken is a good thing to be eating if you want to loose weight, it is a sourse of meat and it has many nuetriants in them that keep up a healthy body.Bread is your worst enemy, bread has many ccarbohydrates which are not good for your body if you wish to loose a few pounds. I am sure that you can find ways to exersize, it does not need to be a mile long run, it can be a 15 minute walk during lunch instead of sitting in your car falling asleep and waking up to the sound of your cell phone alarm going off (not syaing it's you, but it happens lol) Good luck with this, i am doing the same thing (sort of) which is why i know most of this, and it had worked out greatly for me

I say you should just watch what you eat.

easier said than done :P

well, at least you've given up smoking which is a good start. if your sheer determination has helped you in overcoming that habit, then i guess losing weight would be a bit easier, or at least getting into a plan.

about food intake, the only thing that i was able to do, which worked out for me was to trim my meals. trim meaning, decrease the amount of food that i take. at first i've cut down the rice (rice is a staple food in our country, and that's carbohydrates, so whatever carbohydrates you take, you have to cut some). i usually eat at most 2 to 3 cups per meal, usually even more when the dish is very delicious. but during the holidays (of all the events... usually people are fattening themselves up during the holidays, but yeah i was able to do this routine during the holidays), i started off by cutting my rice/carbohydrate intake from 2-3 cups down to 1 cup per meal. and within a week, i was able to cut it down to just 2 tablespoons of rice. the dish, however stayed the same amount. one serving of a dish usually constitute around 1 small plate (5-6 inches in diameter), with either fish, pork or chicken. i don't eat beef anymore because i usualy find it hard to eat beef because it gets stuck in my teeth with is so painful most of the time. i usually eat fish, and a bit of pork or chicken. during the holidays, for some unknown reason, i had a disgust over meat, so i had a meat-free christmas. this also helped me cut down more of my food intake, since most of the dishes were meat, and i only resort to fish. needless to say, i ate less than the usual. at the end of the year, i was only eating fish and veggies and no rice at all. for what it's worth, eating fruits helps a lot. bananas give me that full-stomach feeling so after a light meal, i eat at least one banana. but i think any fruit will do.

i can't give you any advice on exercise because i also gather info on that one so i could lose more weight. you might want to ask yratorm, lightmage for some tips. he's a resident expert when it comes to getting fit. he actually has some threads for exercises.. basically, getting fit. :P

and if you have enough money, maybe signing up on a nearby gym would help.

No candy, don't buy them anymore, instead, use the money you saved, by not buying candy, to buy lots of fruits instead. Drink a lot of water to give yourself a 'full' feeling. Try to dance around a bit :P not on slow music, put on loud, fast music and dance as if it were to save your life ;D Use the stairs a lot. On random moments, just grab your coat and shoes and take a walk in the neighborhood. You don't have to walk till you get exhausted, just try go get your body moving a bit, instead of hanging on the couch in front of the tv, or pc. Before you take a shower, do some simple exercises after you wake up.

lol @ eat less move more. That is an obvious answer but these things arnt always as easy as prehaps they shopuld be to do. I have started by going for a run when i got home from work tonite, not particularly far but its a start, i have decided if i can just get into the habit of taking a bit of time each day to jog/run/cycle then i can look at extending the length afterwards when i am used to getting up and dsoing it. as for the food i think i am gonna do the same there just slowely change things i.e will start taking fruit instead of crisps to work. one thing i would like advice on though, what would your suggestions be for a healthy alternative to sandwiches?to think 5 years ago i was cycling 20miles nearly every day without fail, would struggle to do that as a one off now i think. time to get back to how i wascheersjohn

"wraps" or pita bread shells instead of Bread, or consider open-faced sandwiches using single slices instead of double to reduce the carbs. Go lightly on the butter, margarine, and / or Miracle Whip.

For me, I try to eat right, which means a little bit of everything in moderation is good, but no pigging out on the junk food, like I enjoy so much. So, instead of grabbing for a bag of chips, I'll grab for a bag of baby carrots, instead of drinking that bottle of pop, I'll drink some skim milk instead.Plus, I like to walk a lot, so that helps too I figure. I'd rather walk to the mall or grocery store, instead of take the bus or get a rid, and if I buy lots of heavy or akward things to carry, then I catch the bus home, or call for a ride.Also, you've mentioned that you eat a lot of cheese... so do I :P I'm not sure if you tried the lower fat cheese, I get it, and it takes almost the same, so I still like it. I'm not too crazy about the lowest fat cheese that I can find in the store, so I just stick to one of the "higher lows" lol... for lack of a better expression, but still, I figure any kind of less fat is better than having regular when you are looking at your diet, right?Anyway, I wish you luck on losing some weight :P and congrats on your soon to be wedding!

congrats on your soon to be wedding!

Same here, nutsnvolks!

---------------------------

Okay, if you're REALLY determined to lose weight in time for the big day, go to your fridge and toss out everything you find 'yummy' - remove the temptation COMPLETELY, and replace all that with 'functional' foods, even preferably foods that you DON'T particularly like, foods you'll only eat when you're hungry.

There's a 'commando' weight-loss course I've just put up on another thread, check it out for a lot more tips on taking off the weight fast:

The Way To Losing Weight.. (behold, Here Is Nirvana!)

Just kiddin about the Nirvana bit, hehe. The exercise program (and the lifestyle changes I've detailed as well) aren't easy, but if you have the general good health to be able to do it, and the WILL to do it, it will work.

Take care, and once again, my congratulations,

- - - Yratorm.

The whole proccess having permanent weight loss takes about 90 days. I'm not going to list every single thing, but I'll give you tips on what you can start doing now.

+Eat more than the 3 traditional meals a day.

-The meals have to be smaller meals.

-Breakfast should be your highest priority meal, as it lasts the whole days. It should also be your biggest.

+Eat organic foods.

-Organic does not mean all natural, as these days, anything can be called all natural.

-Do your best to avoid any genetically modified foods, or anything that had growth hormones used on it.

-Don't eat fast food. If you abselutely must, go for the places that do the least amout of advertising.

+Drink 1 gallon of water per day.

-This is very important as it allows your body to flush out toxins (and eventually, fat) from your system. Toxins are the reason why you are fat.

-Drink 1 glass of water upon rising. Also, if you notice that you tend to wake up extremely thirsty (like I do), drink a little bit of water before bedtime.

+Walk 1 hour nonstop, per day.

-After I did this for about a month, it wasn't really the minor weight loss, but it was that I had a hard time gaining any weight back. This changes you weight set point.

+Do a full body cleanse.

-Read about things such as liver cleanses, candida yeast cleanses, ect. You want to make sure that you get rid of the toxins or weight loss will be close to impossible.

-Out of all the things in this list, I would consider this of top priority.

+Take digestive enzymes.

-You digestive system is most likely very inefficient due to all the toxins inside of you. Taking digestive enzymes will help you burn all the energy from food.

There isn't neccesarily a magic bullet here that will take care of your problem. Every individual has a special cause of their weight gain. What you're trying to do is not to address the symptom (fat), but address the actual cause of this weight gain (toxins, intentionally modified hypothalamus by the foods you eat). When the cause is addressed and taken care of, the symptom will go away.

I hope this helps a bit, maybe you can post your results later on if you want?

ok, Just wanted to start this as a new year has come in and its time start taking a grip and losing the pounds. Since giving up smoking i have put on a fair bit of weight and i am planning on getting married later this year and really want to look my best, i currently look the worst i ever have done im sorry to say. I have a fairly active job outside doing a wide variety of things from fencing to digging holes to driving machinary so the general activeness of it does vary week by week. What i am curious about is the methods people have found most usefull for losing weight, as much as i would like an easy system with no effort we all know they dont work. so what does???

I find it hard to commit to an excersise routine daily as sometimes its been a very active day in work and i am truely exhuasted but sometimes this isnt the case.
Also i am concious that i eat alot of cheese, bread and crisps pastrys.

what should my next move be? any ideas?

The way I lost weight was eating every couple hours the foods I normally eat but less of it. I always made myself leave at least a 1/4 of the food on the plate no matter what I ate. And light exercising helped me along also. I also purchased an article of clothing one size smaller than the size I was currently at. I found that pounds lost is not the thing but the size of clothing has been a great incentive. The pounds lost can appear to gain because of water weight and swelling.

My opinion is that you should start training at a gym-and from there on there are two possible ways:1. to start training only for fat burning-this way you won't only burn fats-you muscles will show up quite well B) and you now that might impress your fiance :P2. the other way is to start sum serious program about building up muscles-I do so and I have to go to the gym 3 days per week. Every time you do exercises for one big and one small muscle group. At the same time while building up muscles you will have a little time to rest between different exercises-1 or 2 minutes rest and this way you will start burning up a little fats-the first 30 minutes of training you burn only carbohydrates but after that you start burning up fats! Oh and btw you can also take L-Carnitine while training-it's very useful-it helps you burn more fats and at the same time you get some energy from it :P So a training like this takes up to 1 hour 40 minutes and it really helps build up muscles and have something to show to your future fiance B)

If not to take in an account genetic inclination to become fat, a man loses weight quickly when nervous (experiences, worries). It harms a health. When we are quiet and satisfied all vice versa.Although charging nobody abolished yet. Move, give life and correctly feed, love itself and smile :P

water water water! its soooo important and its a great aid in weight loss, complimented with excersise and you're well on your way to getting a body you really want. one of the biggest aids for me is think about what water does for my body. keeping this in mind keeps my will strong when i think about reaching for a soda, which if you stop drinking soda, you'll tend to drop a good 5-10 lbs.

as im sure it was mentioned earlier, drinking at least 8 cups of water a day is optimum, but if you're out doing excersise you'll definatly need more when talking to people who do various levels of excersise i find the more active you are the more water you'll need. parkour-ist or tracuers that i talk to say that on averag they drink about 12 cups of water a day. and at the extreme some profesional bodybuilders i've talked to say that they consume 3 gallons of water perday. it seems crazy but drinking water really helps in a lot of ways. If you study the physiology and anatomy of the human body, you'll find that water is responsible for almost all the vital processes occurring in the human body whether it's the digestive system, circulatory system or some other.

The most common health malady that occurs in our body due to lack of proper amount of water in our systems is dehydration. This dilemma may provoke many other diseases. Heartburn, headache, back pain, pain in the legs, daytime fatigue, and rheumatoid pain are some of the adverse effects of dehydration. Dehydration generally occurs when the body starts squeezing water from its tissues, brain and skin. All these problems could be eliminated easily by adding proper amount of water in our daily diet. Additionally we can have shinny and healthy skin rather than ragged and dry skin due to dehydration. It's chronic cellular dehydration that kills the cell, but it has a simple solution and that is to drink half of your body weight of water everyday.
Water works as a lubricant for our joints and it flows as a river through our veins, arteries and capillaries. In short it fills nearly every space of our body and acts as a protective shock absorber for our body. It also helps to form the structure of protein and glycogen. Meaning that water is the source that carries nutrients to our cells in each part of our body and also help to transport the waste out of the body. It has been proved advantageous for the functioning of the kidneys, and drinking more of the precious yet abundant fluid could lower the risk of developing kidney stones and gallstones.

Water serves to regulate the internal temperature of the body and maintains a constant fluid balance. Thus it acts as a thermo regulator that is why we can adapt ourselves in any of the Earth's habitats. The electrical stimulation of nerves and contraction of muscles are the result of the exchange of electrolyte minerals dissolved in water. It reduces the risk of cancer as well as being a means of preventing diseases in general by not leaving the body's cells weakened gasping for the water they so desperately need.

Water is a universal solvent and thus plays an important role as a media to carry and distribute the metabolites, hormones and other material around the body and within the cell. Many solutes are also dissolved within it, so it's also essential for health, growth, stamina, building muscle and development. Energy reactions also take place in this medium.

It is good to substitute a cup of coffee in the morning with a glass of water as at this time the blood is most viscous and strokes particularly prevalent. During and after exercise it is also better to drink water to maintain the body's level of hydration. This will also reduce the chance of heart attack at this time of day. Water is the best source to regain the hydration loss due to certain beverages as coffee and tea.

Considering the importance of H2O, it is better to sip it at regular intervals throughout the day regardless and not waiting for thirst to encourage you to take a drink. That will keep you well hydrated. Although it is advisable to drink eight to twelve glasses of water a day, it depends upon various factors as gender, age, physical activity, temperature, physiological condition, etc. There is little to no doubt in the fact that a correct regimen regarding water will help the body to keep the cells, digestive track, joints, and skin hydrated and healthy.

Notice from rvalkass:

You need QUOTE tags around anything you copy.
Source: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/