xisto Community
Hadi

How Did You Chose Your Trap17 Forum Name?

I saw lots of members having different kinds of forum names, some are really funny, and some are very mysterious, and some are just normal. So I thought, I post a topic about this. For me, it is my name, plus I like it ery much it means to be "quite" and to be "calm"Well, how did you choose your forum name, and why?

I chose mine because my website is called Final Fantasy Fanatics. Therefore i was able to abbreviate it to fffanatics making it a lot easier to type than numerous of the other combinations i previously tried

well, my forum name is my online nickname (duh). it's in my trap account and i use it here. it doesn't have a deeper meaning of some sort... or at least that's what i think it is. bacarra is a fictional character from my favorite tv show, charmed. he's one of the villains that fought the charmed ones. as for the 'm', well it's short for "master" thus m bacarra = master bacarra. that's all.oh and another one. bacarra is also a town in one of the provinces here in our country.

Edited by mbacarra (see edit history)

Mine is just juice. I've had it for a year now and I plan to use it forever. As long as the internet is around I will be juice. I don't know why I chose it but I was in a hurry when I did and it stuck.

HAHA wow now if you want a story about how people got there screen name then mine has to be one of the best. Well my name is Oscar. And one day my friend brought over some alcohol, it actually was on new years. He wanted back, and i dont drink, so i brought it to school. I know dumb idea, but it was in an Arizona Ice Tea container and i thought it would be fine and no one would suspect anything, WRONG! He was telling everyone i brought his alcohol to school so they could all get drunk. And surely enough it got to the principle. I was suspended for 3 days and i had to watch a movie about being an alcoholic AND I DIDNT EVEN DRINK ANY! The next day, or three rather, my favorite teacher named Mr. Jacobs said hi and said this,"Hey Boozker!" Me and my friends started laughing and they were like how did you get that name and he said,"Booze plus Oscar equals Boozker." I loved the nickname. Ever since then i changed my old screen name i used to use which was chuckystjoes and ojproductions to BooZker. That is how i got my screen name. I love this post. 5 stars!

Well here is my history :PMy real name is Miguel, but usually the guys who are called like that are often called just ''Migue'', so my family and my friends call me like that.So when i was a Computer newbie, i just got a online game (UT2004) and i just put MIGUE as my nickname in there, and started to play.Then i gained reputation on that game and everybody knew me as MIGUE, so i decided to leave it like that, i used it for clan forums and any other site.But here, MIGUE was no longer available, so as my gmail account is migue2k7, i decided to use it here.The END

Aw, mine is of a more simple developement. We live in Michigan and Mich seemed like a natural evolution. It is also not gender specific, which comes in handy sometimes. :P I notice it has raised a chuckle or two with people over its non-originality, but it works for me and that's what counts.

Well, as for me, I've been pretty much enamored with the word "sorcerer", I like it much more than "witch", "wizard" or "mage". I've Googled for its translation in my native tongue and was fortunate to find out there's no significant site which owns it yet (except for an IMDB entry of a movie with the same name)Try it, Google for "salamangkero" and might I add I'm proud to have my blog as the first result? (Usually, it's first place unless it remains stagnant for long and the IMDB entry overtakes my blog)

I like reading the posts in this thread :P nice one. Hmm..the story about my name isn't so interesting. I remember that the fun ones I wanted were already taken, and I wanted something very short. One of my email addresses and domain names which I like very much also has the word 'ink...blablabla' in it, so I extracted it from that. And mbacarra, you sig!! O__O Soooo much Death Note love!!! ^O^ I adooore it! :P

interesting thread. :P mine, i concocted by fusing a hosting-related keyword (server) and my country of origin (PH = philippines). :P not much story there though unlike most of the replies here. i use this exclusively for Xisto forum, and it has spawned to include my professional webdev correspondences. for private and personal stuff, i use a separate nick widely unknown here or elsewhere. :D

I went with michaelper22 since I use it just about everywhere, and not coming up with something new means one less thing to keep track of in life. Breakup of the name:-michael: my first name. People online also call me mike.-per: part of my last name (not revealing the rest for privacy)-22: day of my birthday. (Not revealing the month, same as above)

I went with michaelper22 since I use it just about everywhere, and not coming up with something new means one less thing to keep track of in life. Breakup of the name:-michael: my first name. People online also call me mike.
-per: part of my last name (not revealing the rest for privacy)
-22: day of my birthday. (Not revealing the month, same as above)

Well I wonder why did you choose the ''Bus'' as a logo? Interesting!
I also wonder how did OpaQue, and BuffaloHelp chose theirs as well.
The most funny username I found is Juice, atleast the story behind it.

Haha, mine's kinda strange. (my reason behind at least)Strangely enough, it used to be a nickname of mine (said "O-S-Knockout") - It just stuck.Then I would explain it away to people by saying it stands for "Operating System Knockout".

I chose mine because I have been using this username for a few months ever since I got my car. Its a Scion tC so instead of my username being two letters I just chose to spell out TC into TeeCee. The 06 part of my username comes from the year of the car.

Arnz is a short nickname of my real name. I have been using this nickname for a while at boards and other things, although I had used various nicknames at different sites beforehand. Although in multi-player games or networks (ie WoW), then yeah, I use different aliases and so forth.