xisto Community
electron

Google Vs Yahoo! Who Rules

Google or Yahoo ?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From the past seven years google has completely changed the way it was .
I mean today Google is rather the ruler of the internet.
Each new Item brought up by Google creates Craze like madness among people on the net.
This is just the craze few years ago that once even Yahoo! enjoyed.
People today are going mad for google stuff like GMail,Google Earth , Orkut,and of course its SEARCH ENGINE.
Also not to forget about that GMail is still in the BETA stage. Google sure knws how to keep the craze on . Adsense was the biggest hit ever . It earns nearly 95% of its revenue of 1 Billion from the from the ADSENSE. So Following suite even Yahoo! jumped in the competition and has developed Yahoo! Publishers which is still rather in the BETA stage and so only The U.S. citizens can participate in it and not us . What do you think about this will Yahoo give a tough comeback against Google or will it rather stay in the secong position? Will Yahoo Prove to be a Coup-de- grace to Google Inc. ?

Who Prefers google over yahoo ::::
If u favour google then give more ratings to it.

I searched the trap 17 forums all over but did not find any such topic.

I voted for Yahoo.! You weren't specific in your topic and didn't state what they ruled AT. If you were talking about search engines, Google would've won hands down. But if you were talking about the site overall, I would have to choose Yahoo!. Yahoo! gives user an easy access to the weather, news, and etc. You don't to click on anything else, it's all on the front page for you which makes it very convenient for users.

Edited by BordaForx (see edit history)

Yeah, but, since Google is a search engine natively, they don't want to go cluttering up their interface with excess information. You can easily bookmark the personalized homepage....It's not that hard.

IMO Yahoo! search is fine for simple searches, and they have good spider that crawls the web.The problem with Yahoo! is that they don't know how to put ads.They insert ads into my e-mails that I am sending to some other person.But look at Google they have done it wisely without interfering into usability.Another thing to note is that Yahoo!'s is ad sense clone (I think it is called Publisher network.not sure) is not widespread.I think it is still in Beta so when it becomes more widespread, The story will be different.Yahoo! Answers was one of the best Yahoo! services I like.

Well i think this poll also should have included Microsoft since google is competing with them just as much as yahoo. These three have been going at it in full force for a while now. However, i am a huge google fan and always use their products it seems even though i do still try the others. The reason i use them is because they tend to just be easier to use and in many ways better than the competition. Trust me, i dont just use anything they release. I dont use their IM service or many of their other ones because i have better alternatives of which arent made by either microsoft or yahoo so it is not relevant to this topic.

Yahoo was the internet's first search engine and for that I favour them over google. I use google though and there e-mail service. It is just that google has a cleaner look to it where as yahoo is more one-stop-shop with advertising, news, weather and the like. I think the two companies should work together. Yahgle anyone?

Personally, I think Yahoo! is better over Google. Even in the search engine aspect, I prefer Yahoo! because I used Yahoo! before I trued using Google, and when I use both when I'm searching the same thing my results are almost exactly the same. Also, Yahoo! is a much better resource for news, weather, and sports. Google can't really match up with that. So I'll continue to support Yahoo! over Google and still use it often.

Ever since google got the "Video" thing on there yahoo and aol have started to follow. Google Wins for sure && they are easy to use nice plain website easy to get to wear you want but on yahoo they got a million links and ads everywere

Google, hands down. Google is leading in sophistication in terms of services and support. Whenever I want to configure something, I know Google's help will explain it down to every little detail. It's ad services and Gmail were the first of its kind, and led the way in site ads with a neat appearance. With Google Earth, they broke through to a new realm of everyday use and access to satellite imagery, and then have been leading the way over big companies like globeexplorer.com ever since. If you want to make search engine and Internet marketing companies shudder, just say the name Google. Google has overcome amazing odds. If they continue to lead out in technology, and keep a devoted staff working on new cutting edge services, Google is still going to be the giant of tomorrow. But if they slack off a bit, Google is looking at a takeover by Yahoo or MSN.

Yahoo because they are so much easier to get listed on then google. With yahoo you can get listed in a day, I did with google it takes such a long time, thats what I heard, so thats wh y I am deffiently for yahoo an d gagasunst google. Even thoough Google does have some good features, kke google earth, and some of their SEO stuff!

I'd perfer Google over Yahoo because on Yahoo they try to get you to go to off topic sites that have nothing to do with your search like " Click here to get auto insureance " ect. ect. Where as google has just ur search results also their homepage is SO much less confusing. Vs Yahoo and their login page.. weather.. sports.. games.. Google just has Search : Images : Videos : books then theres Login for e-mail.

i vote for Google cause there search is fast and easy and they also have there simple ads that are on the right. They also have google earth and maps which seems to have a lot of features on it and google earth is also used by some news station.