xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dagoth Nereviar

Spellbinder Demo An RPG game demo, made by DnGames

Link to the website page

This is an RPG Maker made game, which is still in demo stages. For those of you who don't know Rpg Maker, it allows you to make games like the old final fantasies or pokemon style games. It has turn-based combat, and you can (well, will...right now it is quite limited :D) make your character how you want (not fully, but compared to other games similar to it's style). For example, you could be an axe weilder who also uses Earth and Fire magic. It also features:
* Day and night systems,
* Days, months and seasons,
* Weather which is dependant on what season it is,
* Random villagers,
* Fast travelling map,
* A journal,
* Cooking, Crafting, Fishing, Mining and Smithing,
* And lots more!

For now, there's only one town, one dungeon and one quest to do, but since I've done the basics, new quests and areas should come every 1 or 2 weeks :lol:

t's a 16MB download (sorry >.<) but once you've downloaded this, and then wish to download another update, it will only be around 2 to 4MB ^_^

Screenshot (Sorry for the poor quality, trying to save some diskspace :D)

So, I hope you download it, and tell me about any bugs you may find :P
Edited by Dagoth Nereviar (see edit history)

That looks like a very good game. Is the software you used to make it free? A friend and I are interested in making small games before moving on to the heavier stuff, so it would be nice to know - thanks.

Wow that is actually pretty awsome. I wanted to try and make a game but wasn't sure how to do it! I think this will get me some practice in the field. Maybe teach me a bit more about programming; and hey if not, I will have fun doing it. If I ever get the project done I'll be sure to put it on my site. Thanks a lot and very cool game.Jester

Thanks for the reply ;) RPG Maker might not help that much with coding real games (Since it has it's own code, but it does help a little). I'd suggest using Game Maker if you wanted to get used to programming. It's still it's own code, but it's done in a similar style to C++Thanks ;) Glad you liked it! And update soon to come!

that looks really cool, im gonna bookmark your page so i can download the client a little later as its too late to test it all out properly the screenie looks really cool though, i like the old pokemon games no matter how geeky and loserish there considered, and as you mentioned these look kinda similar, and sonata artica kick some serious *bottom*!