xisto Community
MusicOnly

My Own Blog Service?! i want to try something new

Hi! I want to open my own blog service and i dont know how. Can you tell me more about this? Can you point me in right direction? And is this possible to create with Fantastico? Thx guys

do you mean, offering to the public readily-installed blogs? just like blogger?if so, you should be aware of the fact that if you will have lots of registered users, you`ll need a large amount of bandwidth...but my personal advice: it is almost pointless to start such a service - there are already big competitors on this market :lol: ...but, nevertheless, good luck ^_^

i dont think i ll have problems with bandwidth because i truly believe in -OY- and his admins. They are doing great work and i am sure i ll get enough bandwidth. yes, i would like to offer people something like blogger. i dont mind for competition because in todays world we all competing. for start it would be just an experiment because i like to learn something new.so, how can i do this?

I don't intend to be offensive, but a problem could be that you don't know how it is done. Truly, running a public blogger-type service needs quite some knowledge and skills, beside some resources. In addition you need a good database design, performant code, security measures, - as already pointed out - bandwidth and a few potent servers. That is a full time job and could hardly be done by a single person.

That all depends on how big you want to run the service. Do you want to run it for your friends, a closed community (a gaming clan) or the open public? What are your skills and who will help?

To start with you could install and customize a community portal software that allows members to have their own blog hosted. Have a look at the Community Server by telligent.

Keep us informed on your plans, maybe you find someone to help you here.

for start i would offer this to my friends. i am not trying to be competitor to blogger i am just trying to learn new skills.

for start i would offer this to my friends. i am not trying to be competitor to blogger i am just trying to learn new skills.

Firstly Congrat's for trying to learn something new. "Hats off to you" :D

Secondly yes it can be done through Fantastico;

Try installing either mambo or joomla as your base then search for a blog / community module for the site.

there are stacks out there that do exactly what you need them to do depending on the content and look of your intended blog site.....

If you need a hand let me know and I'll only be too happy to point you in the correct direction and give you a hand with it :lol:

You'll find that there are lots of support forums and web services for both Joomla and Mambo and they can be mixed together sometimes.........

good luck and let me know how you go with it; I'd like to see the end result.

Cheers

Jase ^_^

Has anyone tried LifeType? Can you tell me more about it? Good or bad? I am trying to install it but my hosting dont allows me to chmod files on my own. :P