xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ChargerFanMatt

Saddam Hussein To Be Executed By Saturday, December 30th

Munir Haddad, the Iraqi judge who will be attending Saddam's execution, and who also presided over the court that rejected the former dictator's appeal to stay his execution, said that Saddam would be executed no later than Saturday. Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has signed off on Hussein's death sentence, confirmed an unnamed Iraqi official.Saddam Hussein has not yet been handed over from American custody to Iraqi security forces in preparation for his execution. It was ruled that he would be killed by hanging, but no word has been given yet, as to whether or not any members of the media would be allowed in to witness the execution.Saddam was found guilty, by an Iraqi High Tribunal, of the killing of 148 people in the Shiite town of Dujail in 1982.It is feared by many that Hussein's death will spark even more violence by Sunni insurgent groups, who might try and exact revenge for his death.

Well the day has come for this to happen. of course from news articles I read some U.S. soldiers don't want him dead, just because of the after effects it will have.Of course I wonder how sincere Saddam was when he told Iraqis to be friends with us.

It is feared by many that Hussein's death will spark even more violence by Sunni insurgent groups, who might try and exact revenge for his death.

It will for sure not make Iraq a safer place.

I agree that there are people who in some way or the other deserve death for their doings, yet an execution is rather useless, in my eyes it is a crime. A state driven murder, no more no less. I have no sympathy for Saddam Hussein, he was an insane and brutal dictator, but I don't want him dead either. I have empathy for him, at least I understand that going to death awake and aware is a psychological torture out of my imagination. I'd agree that is own actions led him there, but I still oppose the Iraqi's urge to hang this man as it will not undo the killing and it will not make Iraq a better place.

Not only will Iraq be a better place without Sadam, but the whole world will be too. After all the lives he's taken in the past couple decades, I'll be glad when he's gone. He should feel the pain and suffering he caused thousands when he was the "president" of Iraq. Although I'm not sure if it's very constitutional on our part to hang him, rather than lethal injection, the electric chair, etc.

While I agree that his execution will likely cause a spike in short term violence, there is also a chance that it may help lead to long-term peace in Iraq. There are still some insurgents (former Baath Party members) who dream of restoring the old dictatorship. Hopefully Saddam's death will convince them to finally give up, lay down thier weapons and stop killing their innocent fellow Iraqis.

It won't make it better since the execution will make some of the evil people protest and bomb things. But it had to be done. We couldn't just leave him alive. I thought this should have happened years ago.

IMHO if they hang Saddam i want to see bushy and blairy hanging by their pathetic necks too, all three are equally bad, in no way should Saddam have killed anyone but at least it was in his own damned country, our "forces" have invaded an entire country, killed hundreds, actually thousands. How would we react now if #, say Iran, said "i dont like the way you invaded iraq, i think your evil dictators and so im invading the UK and USA and im gonna kill you all, don't like it ill nuke you". What im saying is fairness, Bush and blair should be dead. On a lighter, and possibly disturbed nots i would like to see videos of all three hang by their necks until dead :lol: It will probably get postponed anyway.

Although I somewhat disagree, it would like lead to a short term spike in violence, but possibly may lead to longer term peace in the middle east. But still, Bush and Co are just as bad as Saddam considering the changing excuses (oh they get WMD, err.. it is a dictatorship, etc) for invading Iraq.

I heard something on CNN about how Saturday is the beginning of a week-long religious period for Muslims and to execute someone during this period is forbidden. If true, then it's going to cause even more tension, attacks, etc against the invading forces...Yes, Saddam needs punishment (and this is coming from an anti-death penalty person, people! LOL) but they also need to respect any and all Muslim customs and traditions. This is all just going to add even more resentment and hostilities towards them... if they want attacks to end, in my opinion, they need to begin getting out or at least begin respecting the people they are supposedly "freeing" and "helping" :lol:

Edited by Erin (see edit history)

Munir Haddad, the Iraqi judge who will be attending Saddam's execution, and who also presided over the court that rejected the former dictator's appeal to stay his execution, said that Saddam would be executed no later than Saturday. Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has signed off on Hussein's death sentence, confirmed an unnamed Iraqi official.
Saddam Hussein has not yet been handed over from American custody to Iraqi security forces in preparation for his execution. It was ruled that he would be killed by hanging, but no word has been given yet, as to whether or not any members of the media would be allowed in to witness the execution.

Saddam was found guilty, by an Iraqi High Tribunal, of the killing of 148 people in the Shiite town of Dujail in 1982.

It is feared by many that Hussein's death will spark even more violence by Sunni insurgent groups, who might try and exact revenge for his death.

I do not think that he should be killed. I am not sure who is doing the killing; the Bush Admin, or the Iraqi Gov't. Are they seperable? I don't think so. Concidering this, and that the Iraq war was based on lies, I do not think that Hussein should be killed. Think of a situation with your kids. If the kid did not like a bully at school, or a bully teacher, and so made up lies about that person to get them into trouble and kicked out of the school, even though the person might be bad, any ramification coming from the lie is invalid. As for showing the killing on TV. That is just repulsive and completely wrong.