xisto Community
Forbez

Aliens? Or Humans?

There are aliens all around us, there is currently one sitting with me drinking coffee - he's from Canada :P. ETs do exist although most people have minds far too small to grasp the belief. There are many types of ETs just as there are plants, animals etc. Read books and learn a bit more. I just want them to land bacause I'm sick of this "make crop cicles, mutulate animals then leave" thing they have going.

Teri Luketic, I find your post somewhat ironic, given that you don't believe in evolution, believe in God and are posting in a thread about Extraterrestrials. These three things don't mesh to well - If you are religious then you won't believe in evolution and thus life forming on other planets isn't possible not to mention the fact that the Bible (or whatever religious text you follow) says we are alone in the universe.Not to sound mean, but I find it amusing that religious people say they don't believe in evolution because it is only unproven theory and not fact and yet believe in God and religious text, also in some aspects, unproven theory.Anyways, this sort of conversation belongs in another thread.Like I said before, whether it is life from other planets, government made, or actually just us from the future (or a combination of these) quantum physics/mechanics can technically allow for any of these scenarios. I won't go into details because I would probably end up not making any sense lol, just needless to say it deals in part with realities and possibility.I watched a documentary the other day that looked at the future evolution of humans which showed a divergence of two 'classes' - one a 'superhuman', the other class being more primal (low intelligence, short lived, ugly etc) much like H.G. Wells' Time Machine.Anyway, my point is, anything is possible. Once upon a time, our reality was that the earth was flat and you could sail off into nothingness. Our reality now has changed. Ask yourself this - what things do we know now with all 'certainty' that will turn out to be wrong and change our perception of reality?

Thats weird, never thought about it like you just that. That would be weird if Aliens look exactly like humans and in secret suck peoples blood and brain out in hope to kill people or stuff like. That. Thats really freaky if you think about it, but people just want to believe that aliens are green and grose and weird. Even though they really could look just like us and be regular humans, but at night they go around killing people and fly their space things or ufo things around and tak their sperm and girls eggs. OR maybe we just want to believe that aliens are real becuase it is hard to believe that we are the only people in the universe, so people want to think that there are more then us liing in earth. This is some frakky stuff!!!

Teri Luketic, I find your post somewhat ironic, given that you don'tbelieve in evolution, believe in God and are posting in a thread about
Extraterrestrials. These three things don't mesh to well - If you are
religious then you won't believe in evolution and thus life forming on
other planets isn't possible not to mention the fact that the Bible (or
whatever religious text you follow) says we are alone in the universe.
Not to sound mean, but I find it amusing that religious people say they
don't believe in evolution because it is only unproven theory and not fact
and yet believe in God and religious text, also in some aspects, unproven
theory.

I do agree, this conversation probably belongs in another topic, so I'll
make this as short as possible.

Though I don't believe in evolution, that does not mean that I can not believe that there are extraterrestrials out there. I'm not just talking to Thorned Rose on this, so anyone can answer, but I'll base it for them. Do you believe that there is one Divine Creator and God out there? If you do, do you believe that he is a loving, caring, and compassionate Creator? If God made us, knowing that we would sin, then there is no reason to think that he would not have created other beings out there. I would defend my religious stand point, but I'll leave it as is. I have actually been working on some things as of recently that, if you're interested in my ideas, I would love to send you the site for. . .(Not quite finished with some things, so it's not entirely up yet.)

You're right, anything is possible. But I do have my reasons for believing what I believe, and they do not necessarily follow exactly what Christians believe entirely (though the majority is the same), as is because I am not just a Christian, I am a Seventh-Day Adventist Christian. My denomination does not believe that we are the only ones in the universe. We also do not believe that God and his angels are the only other beings out there. It is not said anywhere int he Bible that we are alone in the universe. If it did, then that would go against our belief in a God at all.

Sorry for my digression. Either way, I believe there are extraterrestrials out there, though I do not necessarily believe that what we claim to have seen are them.

Everyone starts off by thinking that aliens are going to meet us first. Well, did anyone think of that maybe we are going to be the first ones in space. There might be aliens on some distant planet in the so-called Neanderthal ages, while we are starting to really take off into space. Humans could one day become the dominion of evil, like the Borg or something. You can never really know.

To Korin and Dooga, I guess it probably comes down to human arrogance and superiority lol. Though it is very funny when you think about things on a more 'universal' size. Other peoples and civilisations living and dying, some only just having 'formed' others far advanced. Wars, peace, no concept of either.... Makes you feel small when you really think about it. We are all part of a very big universe and things like racism, countries, war, sexism, class etc all seem petty and ridiculous in the larger scheme of things.

Hmm, I would say faster than light travel (or even travel between realities) is possible, though at the moment the only thing standing in our way is that we just don't know how. Probably our descendants a billion years or so from now would look at it as a self-evident possibility. They would probably laugh at our theories that 'nothing can travel faster than light'. If they still retain the ability to laugh after a billion years of evolution, that is, hehehehe.You know, much of what we 'see' as 'solid matter' is just fields of force that deflect both waves and the fields of force that are 'us'.To a vast extent, our understanding of the universe is based on our senses, yet our senses were NEVER EVOLVED to facilitate an understanding of the universe at all; but merely for survival on a small, harsh, extremely violent world. Thus humans, at the moment, are ill-equipped (whatever their pretensions to the contrary) to understand the true essence of all that IS.Indeed, only an understanding of this point can lead to branches of science that seek viewpoints that we cannot even possibly imagine at present, as they are too 'alien' (at present) to our evolution, to the very way our brains work.

I understand where you are coming from Avalon. Whilst thinking of that theory, that also came ot mind. But, if there was a race who are testing on us. How does that explain history, all of the scars this planet has from past events. Also, the fact that this world is to perfect. Everything rotates around each other. All in perfect harmony, nothing could making something this great. Only by chance could this of happened.
Your theory is not laughable, it could very will be true. It would explain alot of important events happened to all of us.
So, let's say you was right. Aliens created the earth, and everything around it. But in reality, our universe is the size of small dish. And our time is slower then theres. But when we test on bacteria, we don't put that much effort for one little test.

I wasn't thinking so much that they created the planet, more they put us in this environment that already existed. As someone has said, maybe they are testing the planet to see if is suitable for their own habitation. While we have not found a planet with an atmosphere similar to ours that would sustain our version of a life-form, that doesn't mean there isn't one out there. Alternatively, the life-forms on one of the planets we do know about, could have evolved to suit their environment and look totally different to us, therefore we do not reconize them as an intelligent life-form.

Take for example a frog. It starts out life as a water dwelling creature and evolves to become a land dwelling creature that looks totally different. If you didn't know, there is not much chance you would think the tadpole and frog were in fact he same creature if you looked at them in isolation.

Most creatures adapt to the environment they are in, wouldn't this also be true for life-forms? As humans we cannot survive underwater, yet many creatures can. Perhaps there are intelligent life-forms on other planets that can live underwater like fish, who knows what they would look like.

I also thought of everything you all thought before, but i also have another thought. (don't know if anyone had said before, i don't want to read all the posts...)Maybe there are peoples that dropped us to this Earth today, hoping we can develop here maybe just because they are coming to an end...We have many hidden parts in our bodies, we do not know how to use it.Maybe they did this purposely because they didn't want us to have great power and live in more peace. Having powers would lead us to destruction. Anyone one is psychic and they know what exactly will happen and always have a boring life. They do this maybe because they want to make mankind last and become better.

I don't get how people always depict aliens as beings that look like humans.... (like startrek.... )

I think it is part of the human ego to consider ourselves the peak of the evolutionary line. It's like were the ceiling of the evolutionary ladder and, when it comes to building civilizations and creating technologies, organisms should have to be human or, at least, have human-like features. Just because we have been successful in propagating our specie throughout the planet does not mean we are the end. If anything, all it would take is some major seismic upheavals, creating sheer rocky terrain to put humans, or bipeds for that matter, at a disadvantage. Only then will a lot of us probably realize that there still is a lot to be left desired with our anatomy.

(don't know if anyone had said before, i don't want to read all the posts...)

Yes, a very admirable attitude you have there.

Maybe there are peoples that dropped us to this Earth today, hoping we can develop here maybe just because they are coming to an end...We have many hidden parts in our bodies, we do not know how to use it.
Maybe they did this purposely because they didn't want us to have great power and live in more peace. Having powers would lead us to destruction. Anyone one is psychic and they know what exactly will happen and always have a boring life. They do this maybe because they want to make mankind last and become better.

Those are hardly original ideas and I'm not just talking about previous posts. Things like that have always been the content of cheap and cheesy science fiction flicks. Anyway, just why do a lot of people also assume that alien lifeforms have special "powers", with telekinesis and telepathy pretty near the top of people's minds. Just because they have mastered space travel does not mean they have to be green-skinned humanoid creatures able to affect the physical world with their minds, right?

This is all very refreshing but I would like to leave the realms of cheap sci-fi horror flicks now and contemplate on what aliens more probably (and more logically) look like. Heck, scratch that; let's not focus on outward appearances; it's what is inside that counts.

Yuck, another cliche :P

Not that I don't want to get to far off topic, but if aliens DO exist and we CAN go faster then light, then what stops people from developing psychic abilities like telekinesis or pyrokinesis. Literally anything is possible. If you cant think of it, then it is entirely possible.