xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
richierich1m

My Windows Xp Media Edition Is Restarting

hi everyone i need help , my windows xp me is reastrting bacause of power failures in my home yesterday ,I have two operating system 1. windows me(which restarts )windows 98 which works perfectly ,is there any way i could rectify my win me or should i simply reinstall win xp again and how should i do it,please help

I would reinstall Windows XP ME since most likely their is a glitch in the software. However if after you reinstall it and it still restarts then theirs a glitch in your hardware in which the most likely case it would be the hard drive that you must replace or the power supply within the tower itself (someone might want to confirm that one).You just put in the installation disk and your set and you follow the install instructions and you will have your fresh OS.

yup i did reinstallation but i used xp professional rather than media edition,though the media edition looks good it really makes a pc very slow and i am glad now i dont have to use my win 98 to come to Xisto ,it didn't even allow me to post a smilie :lol: