xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
detportal

Mysql Errors [resolved]

I have Drupal and SMF both installed on my website.
A few days ago, however, neither of them were able to connect to the database. The problem is still here.

Drupal displays this message:

Unable to connect to database server
This either means that the username and password information in your settings.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the MySQL database server. This could mean your hosting provider's database server is down.

The MySQL error was: Access denied for user * (using password: YES).

Currently, the username is * and the database server is localhost.

* Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
* Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
* Are you sure that the database server is running?

For more help, see the Installation and upgrading handbook. If you are unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your hosting provider.

[actual username covered]

SMF displays this message:

Connection ProblemsSorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Is this a problem across the entire server, or is it just my account?

I haven't modified the database at all before the errors appeared.

Can someone help?
PLEASE?

MySQL is up and working fine, so the problem is therefore specific to your account. Try logging into cPanel and changing the password you use to connect to MySQL, even if you change it to what it already is (sorta resetting it) then try again. Also, do you have any other scripts on your site that access MySQL? If so, try those and see if they can connect.Finally, go into phpMyAdmin and backup the databases. Then try using the repair function and see if that helps. Sometimes the errors given out by these scripts are a little misleading and generic.

Just to cover all basis, what were the versions of SMF and Drupal you were running? SMF error message is something I ran across before and it's either database was actually down, or your SMF was compromised--something happened in the past due to security fault with older SMF version.As far as Drupal goes, was it injunction with SMF or running separately?

SMF - 1.1 meaning it probably wasn't compromised. And that message has been appearing for over a week now, so it wouldn't be the actual database either.I don't really care about Drupal, I was just testing it to see if the problem was just with SMF.

Dear detportal change your username and password with mysql at cpanel and then write new username and password in SMF config file ,did you attach mysql database in to username/password ?i agree rvalkass we have not any problem with mysql !

well i just solved the problem.it was caused by fantastico removing another CMS, and deleting one of the usernames for the MySQL database that SMF needed. Hence the username/password SMF provided was not accepted by the server.moderators, you might want to close the thread now.