xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Adobe Photoshop Cs3 Beta Released

The most commonly used by both amatures and professionals for graphics designing Photoshop is now available in the latest version with more advanced features.

The Adobe has released the Beta Version of Photoshop CS 3 for both Windows and Mac platforms.

You can download the Beta Version from Adobe Labs

You need to have the original Photoshop CS2 serial to access this software without limitations.

Read more about this software from Adobe Labs.

From what hear PS CS3 is smaller and loads faster then PS CS2.Yeah go figure you can't try out the beta on trial period, of course the only downside to PS3 is that the thousands of brushes made for CS CS2 will not be backwards compatible unless I know different.

yes that's a great concern about upgrading tothe latest version.But someone will comeup with a tool for converting CS2 brushes to be compatiable with CS3

The reason I mentioned that was because I went from PS 7 to CS2 and they didn't work. That's due to the fact they were completely different in the programming/ file set up way.Now I don't remember if CS and CS2 had problems with their brushes, I believe they did. So that's why I toss that assumption out that CS3 brush files would be incompatible.Of course I tried to find a legit contact without the need to call them and wait like a half hour looking for an answer :lol:.

i was thinking about getting cs3. But i didn't want becuase i think it will probably be really buggy. And personally i am fine with cs2for now. I will probably update in the next few days tho if no one is having any probelms and it seems to be running good.

I am always fascinated with new releases and Adobe or should I say Macromedia since they are under the same website has never disappointed me in any aspect compared to Windows. I have full confidence in their products, their Beta will DEFINITELY not be like Internet Explorer 7 Beta. I am downloading this at the moment and will be back with my reviews on it although I doubt it would be anytime soon as it takes a lot of time to figure out the different between versions of software with so many features like photoshop

I downloaded it a few days ago.... It actually installed and RAN on my old PC. 192Mb ram, 600Mhz CPU WinXP.The first thing I noticed was the clean interface. Everything was cleanly tabbed and had the pop-open menus and all. It took forever to install, but I think it's because of the sad specs of said computer. Other than that, it looked mostly the same to me. No new tools, maybe some filters. I didn't look. That brush incompatibility kind of kills it though. =\ I've got lots of brushes I'd want to use....

Is the brush incompatabilty really an issue? I upgrade from CS to CS2 and don't remember having any problems. I hope it is not an issue, I really don't feel like looking for all those brushes again. Beisdes, CS2 does more than I think I could ever use. As benyi4lax has said, there are many features in CS2 that I haven't used or understood so I think I will stick with it for a while yet.

I'm pretty confident brushes will work fine if you switch over. It's supposed to be a lot like cs2 except some interface changes, smart filters, vanishing point 2.0, and a couple other cool features.I'm planning on downloading the beta tomorrow. I've been putting it off for the last week.