xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Arne-Christian

Add Users On Email Program With Php?

First of all Marry Christmas,Well so i am in some kind of a problem, i can't find out how to add users to my mail service, i have no idea what SMTP/IMAP program the server runs, neither does the system administrator.But it should be kinda the same thing for all of them if i am not wrong, Anyways i have full access to server so i can do whatever i want to do, i have SSH access too (Root access :lol: )

You can bypass SMTP by using PHP function mail(). This will use server's SMTP and send without any filter.This is not, however, a good method since the origin daemon will show hosting server's domain name in the detailed header information. For example I may have a domain name of xxxxx but when I use mail() with Xisto hosting, the mail origin daemon shows as Xisto--because Xisto is the hosting server's IP ID.You can use other mailing service scripts such as phpList or create your own. I modified CuteNews with Newsletter mod and wrote additional script to add registration to the mailing list. This in turn is the exact copy of mailing list and registered commentators.