xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Ipb Free Board

If you look in the cPanel for your hosting, the Fantasico section has IPB v1.2 (I think...) that you can install for free. IPB released version 1.3 after that and there seems to be a grey area as to whether IPB are happy with people using it.

The website Invision Free provide free IPB boards, but they are ad supported and do not allow you to put on your own mods and themes.

As of last year, cPanel or the 3rd party vendor such as Fantastico! no longer provides IPB for free installation.This topic has been discussed many times in our Hosted Members Area and please remember to search before you post a redundant topic.IPB no longer provides trial or free scripts. You cannot request for trial or beta version and any floating around IPB free versions are no longer "legal" to be installed with Xisto hosting.There are exceptions: if you previsouly downloaded v1.3 final or v2.x trial from IPB Inc. website and have the license file you can install it on Xisto hosting. All others will be required to taken down.

I have the original Invision Power Board 1.3 from their main site but my problem is finding a converter. I am currently using Simple Machines but I just installed Invision Power Board 1.3 and looked all over for a converter and couldn't find anything at all! Does anyone have one that converts SMF to IPB 1.3 ??

Is Invision Power Board 1.3 still available for free and is it legal to use in Xisto.

As I answered before, as long as you obtained it from IPB during 1.3 was available, you can install it on Xisto. Or if you obtained it during Fantastico was offering again you can install it. All others--no.

Does Trap 17 has MyBB in Fantastico??

You could log into your cPanel and find out :lol: Xisto cPanel's Fantastico only offers phpBB and SMF as pre-installed scripts. That does not mean you can't install other forum scripts yourself.

I kno wthat you can purchase a secured IPB 1.3 still from them, of course why would you. I know of invisionfree.com that provides free invision boards I know they came out with their new zetaboards which basically is a IPB 1.3 loaded with a bunch of stuff for someone to use. Only downside is that you are severely restricted on what edits you can make and you must rely on javascript type codes in order to use some of the stuff.

TeeCee here is the converter you would need

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/