xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lobosque

Buy A Ps2 Nowadays

Hey guys, I was thinking about buy a PS2, because now that PS3 is out, the price will get way lower than it is actually, am I right?Also, all the games that I really like to play i can do with PS2. I don't think that the price difference compensate the diversion difference.

I bought PS2 slim line at a pawn shop about a year ago for $120, and that was the system, memory card, 2 games, and 2 controllers. Cheaper than the used prices at other places. The prices for new games have already dropped by $10, but getting used games is the way to go. I will spend $20 for a "Greatest Hits" title, but $15 or less for a used game is usually more my price range.

Yes PS2 will be cheaper than it is actually, also Xbox360 and Wii are released, so PS2 will drop even more its prices, so it should be very cheap now.Im not really like a Gamer in consoles now, i used to be, i have only the Gamecube and i barely play it, but Wii has called my attention and i guess ill buy one, but maybe for Christmas of 2007 lol, when it really drops its price. I dont like to spend so much money on games.

they have gone down a lot. I have seen some advertised for $100. Probally on boxing day they will be a little cheaper than normal. But $100-$120 is still a great price for a great system. And the nice thing is they are still making games for the ps2.

I don't think it will go too much lower. Because they still want to make money off it. They know not too many people will buy it anymore but they have to make more than they produce it for. If it costs them $75 to produce each Playstation 2, they won't put the price lower than say, $90 unless the stores want to lose money and hope people buy other stuff. But yes they will be much cheaper. They will stay around for probably a couple more years but slowly will disappear.

I think Plenoptic hit the nail right on the head. If the system goes as low as $90, they'll start to lose money off the system. Right now they're still making quite a bit of money off the system, but when the PS3 comes more widely available like the Xbox 360 has in the past year, the PS2 will slowly leave the picture and the major emphasis will then be on the newer generation of gaming consoles. I can see it going for about $100 at the very cheapest.

i would rather buy th PSP. its portable, and has many games that PS3 has. It is a little bit costlier, but i am going to buy it. If you prefer the PS2. then go ahead

It is depends what you want. If you don't have the money for PS3, you can get the PS2. The better games are mostly PS2 but other consoles have their favorite game. Yeah, nowadays the PS2 should be really cheap and knowing that it has came out years ago. Pawm shop has systems cost really low and it comes with games controllers memory card. But the only bad thing is it's used and it could have something wrong with it. Sony won't try to lose my from consols, they would probably do something to get people to continue to but the consoles.