xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sanjay

Conditional Access Systems (cas) In India

Conditional Access System (CAS) in parts of the three Metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata in India. Consumers get the option to choose the channels they want to pay for and view, rather than receiving the whole set of channels that the Cable Operator makes available to them. Free to Air Channels of Rs. 77/- per month under the Basic Service Tier and a standard tariff package for pay channels of Rs. 5/- per channel for supply of Set top Boxes on rental basis.

Edited by sanjay (see edit history)

i heard this one,the offer is really great currently and i feel if they want more user base they would even go free ,because the money they recieve from advertise more than what 5rs would ever give them :lol: i would be preferring tata what you prefer ?

What is the main hurdle in implementing this project? Why is there so much delay? Why Supreme Court is intervening in this matter? And also whether the prices of cable viewing will come down or not.The prices for each channel is still high. And now they are going with the bookie formula in which they will club the good and demanding channels with new and less viewer-ship channels and increase there revenue.CAS is good in manner that parents now cab choose what channels there child should see and will be banning some channels like F-Tv.