xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
husker

Allen Iverson, The Newest Nugget!

Allen Iverson is now playing for the Nuggets! The Nuggets gave up Andre Miller and Joe Smith in return for Allen Iverson and Ivan McFarlin. I have to say that the Nuggets are now going to be big playoff contenders even with the suspensions. Allen Iverson should be a huge boost to this team! Haha, we got AI and you don't! :lol: If you want to know more, you can go here.

Edited by husker (see edit history)

It will be interesting to see, when Carmelo Anthony gets back, if the two top scorers in the NBA can co-exist. I have always been a huge Allen Iverson fan, because I love a guy who is under 6'0" taking it to the basket against defenders who are up to a foot taller than he is. Allen is probably the best player to ever play the game who was under 6'0" tall. He is also a pretty good passer.I don't think that AI could have played with a superstar like Carmelo five years ago, but I think that Iverson has matured to the point where he is willing to do whatever it takes to win an NBA championship. Carmelo is the best player that AI has ever played with in his career- especially considering how disappointing and underachieving Chris Webber has been in Philadelphia.Although this team will be very fun to watch once Anthony gets back on the court after his suspension is done, I still am not convinced that they can beat the likes of the Suns, Mavericks, and Spurs in a seven-game series. The Nuggets have two tremendous scorers, but no big threat from the low post, like an Amare Stoudemire/ Shawn Marion, Dirk Nowitski (sp?), or Tim Duncan. So even if the Nuggets can score lots of points, they have no answer for the big men that are on the rosters of the real Western Conference contenders.This was probably a better deal for the Sixers. The Nuggers were the only team who had the desire and the ability to give up TWO first round draft picks for AI. Add that to freeing up some cap room after the removal of Iverson's bulky contract, and the Sixers have a better chance of being competitive a few years from now.Nevertheless, I am cheering for you, Allen!