xisto Community
Forbez

Supreme Commander

Supreme Commander

Posted Image

Supreme Commander looks like a great game, from the maker of Total Annihilation. Game designer, Chris Taylor and his team, Gas Powered Games are bringing us this wonderful game. Here are some pics:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

There are three races in Supreme Commander: The United Earth Federation, the Cybran Nation, and the Aeon Illuminate.

Aeon units are highly sheilded, and use gravity weapons to attack the enemy. They belive in Peace, and the only way for that is to destory all the other factions.
Cybran Nation Does not have the numbers. But what they lose in numbers they make up in power and in stealth. They have find a way to mix humans with computers.
United Earth Federation is all the countrys of Earth united as one. And they have one goverment, they have gone to war because they want to reunite the galaxy.

I'm getting it sooo badly, it's released on Feb 23, 2007. For more info go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

So who else is gonna get it?

I really really really want to get Supreme Commander. I spend ages playing Total Annihilation and Total Annihilation: kingdoms years back, and I sill sometimes play it even now. Hopefully that by the time it is released, I will have a computer good enough to play it.It also has things like ships, which some RTS games (C&C :lol:) seem to be moving away from.

Yeah, the UEF has this massive ship, that is a air carrier. Which goes under water like a Subminre and comes back up. I saw the trailer, blow me away> Soooo want to get this game.

It looks awesome, I dont know if I will be able to play it in my computer though. It has been a while since I played a RTS game.

I saw those screens a while back soon after the game was announced. It looked really good then, and I'm still anticipating its release. I saw it at my local EB and was really thinking about getting it (though from what I'm seeing it was probably only a preview box). The previews of it on IGN have been pretty positive so far. I've been playing a lot of the Dawn of War expansion, Dark Crusade lately also. Hopefully Supreme Commander can be the next RTS I work on for a while :P

I also saw trailers they are great and everything looks nice, and one additional thing is that it is mostly drawn so it does not put too much pressure on your graphical card although you would need really good machine to run this one though, not to mention vista. Also I like it is massive battle strategy they em[ployed as you can have really large armies and concept behind the game is also good as you have to build up armies but you want be spending 80% of your time in just building up your army but rather in macro economy and then concentrating on your strategy. And note for Yacoby the game is already out. However I read that it is only supported for vista or am I wrong.

Uh...Yacoby posted like 5 months ago, before the game came out.Anyways, does anyone know the exact specs for this game? It looks interesting, although judging from the screenshots and the trailers, it looks like it would take a lot of power to run. Also, I'm pretty sure this will run on Windows Vista AND Windows XP, so you have nothing to worry about...

Anyways, does anyone know the exact specs for this game? It looks interesting, although judging from the screenshots and the trailers, it looks like it would take a lot of power to run. Also, I'm pretty sure this will run on Windows Vista AND Windows XP, so you have nothing to worry about...

well as I said before it is mostly drawn and not computer generated so it requires less power then it would actually need if it was computer generated graphics. Also they did some neat programming solutions and transfered most of the graphical interface to the graphic card so it will use less of your processor and probably use your graphical card at optimal rate which is really rare in todays gaming world.

I have also checked their site and watched all trailers and I haven't found anywhere the configuration needed for this game, interesting though.

Game runs fine on my computer which JUST meets the minimum requirements, just a slow response. But the loading screen only appears for about 30 Seconds, so not too long.The only problem I've got is RAM!! Oh! I'm running Windows Vista using 1GB RAM 850MB Actually, because its shared with graphics card. I need to end every avalible process just to start playing, and i have to restart after i finish. I might install it on the WinXP pc now, but no DX10 ;)

Game runs fine on my computer which JUST meets the minimum requirements, just a slow response. But the loading screen only appears for about 30 Seconds, so not too long.The only problem I've got is RAM!! Oh! I'm running Windows Vista using 1GB RAM 850MB Actually, because its shared with graphics card. I need to end every avalible process just to start playing, and i have to restart after i finish. I might install it on the WinXP pc now, but no DX10 ;)

Hey could you post requirements for this game man.

Supreme Commander "is a game of strategy in real time for large people, not in the sense of age, but for going to fund strategic possibilities in assessing the role of each unit and structure in a different perspective. It is a game heavy, with excellent graphics, but the single-player is this more to serve as aperitif for the matches online. Soon, it will only enforce the same penalty if you if you prefer face opponents of truth.

I just got the game, and I must say, fantastic.

It's so much fun! The only problem is that you can't delete units! I built a big wall around my factory, and the darn thing wouldn't go away, so, I was trapped. Haha, no big deal. It's still so much fun. I guess that makes you more responsible when building units, right? I love the massive scale of the game. It's epic really. You can harbor a MASSIVE army and with a single click mobilize it. I also like the refined interface. By leaving out minor options and leaving them up to AI, the game eases the burden of commanding the large forces it enables you to command. I have only had the game for a day and I am already hooked. The thing I love about RTS games is the minor amount of time needed. Overall, a great game. Having played AOE, CC, WC3, WC2, SC, SC:BW, and many others, this RTS tops the list. I wonder how the online community is? That will be my next endeavor. Just have to wait for my pay check to come in. Hehe. :o

PS: Dual screen support? YES!

Yeah I got the game to. After posting this thread I started saving up for it. Lots of fun to be had, hours upon hours of gameplay on this game.Nothing better then creating a world just to destory it :P