xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
electron

The Perfect Exercise How about jogging

Well i dont know what is the perfect exercise but would like to know about everyone's opinion as the perfect exercise.Well i am 17 years and my weight is 72 kilos.I reduced 8 kilos and reducing till now by jogging 5 kilometers daily and walking (sprint walking) 1 km more.I dont know whether is this a good loss and would like to know of any other good exercise.Please post your opinions as well.

Edited by electron (see edit history)

Yeah its a very good exercise if you are willing to loss weight, in really, running/jogging/sprint walking are the best exercises for gain condition and to lose weight, it burns fat so fast.I guess you could be doing this for long if you resist it and get used to it, but you should also try more exercises, maybe like, get up on your bike and go across the city by 1 hour :lol: or play this game: Pump It Up.... lol, well it really makes you trasnspire and leaves you real tired, and a lot of people say that is one of the best things for lose fat.

well it really depends, and it's your doctor who is going to decide which one is more appropriate. to you this may not be the best exercise regimen, but to doctors, it is the best exercise regimen FOR YOU. my doctor advised me to do more of the low impact exercises such as biking and swimming since i'm more on the overweight side. this is because of the fact that by doing high impact exercises such as jogging or running, it puts a lot of pressure in your joints, especially in the knee area. and when a person is overweight, the added weight gives more pressure, thus making the entire process even more difficult.but if you ask me personally, if you want to go jogging, start off with stretching as warm-up, then brisk walk then jog. during cool down, you can do the reverse: after jogging, take a brisk walk to cool down your system (so as to not shock your body with an ultimate halt after jogging), then end up with the stretching. we've done this before during my PE class two years ago, so i think it's more of the "better" way to do your jogging or running routines.you could also do swimming. they say swimming really tones the muscles of the body. actually i envy swimmers because they really do look good, with all the lean muscles, not too muscular. and FYI, swimmers have larger lungs than the normal person, since they need a lot of air when they swim in water.but of course there are a lot of sports out there that can be taken as an exercise. here in our country, the more popular way of exercise is doing badminton. i don't know if you have heard of that sport. it's somehow similar to tennis, except that the ball is not a ball but a shuttlecock.i'm currently studying yoga so i could blend it with my regular routine. although it is not considered as exercise, rather something that would "balance your mind and body". i'm pretty much excited, but of course i still have to do my biking routines in the morning. i need to get back to my normal weight before i get a job.

I am not the plump side, I weigh 65 kg but that is considered alright especially for a short person such as myself. Only 1.72m, but nonetheless, I do a lot of exercises to keep myself fit and strong. I always play football on the weekends and during the weekdays, I work on my physique by doing weight and endurance training on alternate days. But I am definitely eager to know of more ways to keep fit.

I agree, exercise is good for you. I never used to do exercise, because i used the excuse that i was too tired after work and never liked waking up early. But now i've got myself into a routine where i exercise everyday after work. I go walking with a friend, at first it was a mission but now i'm in the routine i'm really enjoying it. I def think that it helps to have a friend exercise with you because they motivate you and keep you going, its so easy to make excuses to yourself but when someone else is there is harder.I'm feeling much better in myself since i started exercising and feeling more awake, not as tired! I def think you have to find the exercise that you enjoy doing and stick to it, there are so many diff exercises to do and i think all of them are good, so find the one that you enjoy doing and give it your all.

Edited by happygolucky (see edit history)

Lots of good advice above, in this thread. For an exercise regime, I'd say mix different exercises to prevent the body developing a resistance to one type of exercise. If you're really 'set' in your jogging regime, then keep with that. I'd say that losing 8 kilos is a considerable success - keep it up, you're doing great! If you just keep to jogging, your weight should continue to drop, but this process will slow a bit with time - why not alternate it with aerobics or some strenuous martial arts class, say twice a week. I recommend joining a cheap class if there's any nearby, especially if you think their routines are strenuous (ask to observe a lesson) - this way, even if the aerobics/martial arts class is only twice a week, you'll still be varying the training your body's getting, and it won't be used to any one regime. It should help your weight-loss. Another nice thing about a class is that with a lot of people working together, it's easier to 'go along' with them, and so you can push yourself harder. A training partner is another cool idea, but he/she's got to be as dedicated as you, or it will ruin your own exercise program (nothing like an irregular partner to do that).Later on, when your weight has dropped to a level you're happy with, you could consider adding weights to your exercise program for strength training as well. For example, do your jogging/cardio on one day, and medium to heavy weights (whatever you can manage) on another. This will build strength as well as endurance - I really believe in all-round training for perfect physical fitness. Hope this was of some help. Take care.

Edited by Yratorm, LightMage (see edit history)

Swimming and jogging are some of the best ways to lose weight when you mix that with eating a healthy diet. It's good to switch off you routine so you can build up different muscles and keep your program interesting.And if you really like to run then say Saturday's you're going to increase your distance or do some hill running or a different course to change it up.

I would say the best way to loose weight would have to be, well first off don't sit around all day and do nothing, examples eat food and watch tv, play video games, and go on the computer. If you would like to loose weight the best ways in my opinion would be running, jogging, sprinting, working out, doing excercises, or even cutting back on food. Like don't starve yourself or anything but don't overeat is what i mean.

I would say the best way to loose weight would have to be, well first off don't sit around all day and do nothing, examples eat food and watch tv, play video games, and go on the computer. If you would like to loose weight the best ways in my opinion would be running, jogging, sprinting, working out, doing excercises, or even cutting back on food. Like don't starve yourself or anything but don't overeat is what i mean.

Right - exactly. Modern humans can lead such a sedentary existence - mix that with taking in even a little more calories than you need and you get excess weight. Even taking up a rigorous sport is good strategy. Get out of the chair, get out of the house, get physical LOL. It's all about balancing the calorie intake with those burned. If a person pushes themselves hard enough and far enough, they begin to recognise real hunger (as in, the body's need for nourishment) rather than psychological 'hunger pangs' or just plain eating too much rich food. If you burn enough, you can eat well, but (especially in this season, hehe) a lot of people go beyond eating well into adding that extra weight where it really isn't needed.

I dont think there is just one perfect exercise. If there is everyone would be doing just that exercise. Sure, there are machines that may exercise a lot of body parts but it just wont be as good as exercising each muscle individually. For loosing weight the best thing would be cardio, which includes running/jogging, jumping a rope, hiking, riding a bike, etc. And combined with a good diet will lead to a perfect combination of exercises.

I think jogging is probably one of the best exercises, maybe not to just lose weight but also to maintain health. Even walking is good. People often do a lot of exercise methods such as weight lifting, and random movements and such but i think jogging/walking is the best, it helps you 'free' your mind, and it helps you with breathing and stuff. I think people have problems with running because they dont go at a good pace, i think if your a beginniner a slower steady pace is good enough and many fail to realize that and try to run twise as fast as they should, they need to gradually find the right pace, and they will see running will be easier and more 'fun'. However because i cant run (i used to be able to all the time ) on a good and regular basis due to severe lung problems, i have found that things like yoga are nice too just because with yoga you are working with your body and not weights, and it helps you be calm.

Hmm, I stand by what I said, the body needs a mix of several exercises. Running is great, but if you just do running and nothing else, your fitness will tend to be one-sided. I wouldn't hold with just running, just as I wouldn't hold with just weight training to the exclusion of all else.

A healthy body should be capable of extending it's capabilities in any direction, not just into cardio or aerobic exercise.

There was a time when I used to look down on weight training (I was very young) - later, when I tried it, I found it had benefits of it's own, benefits which running couldn't give me (I've won a marathon, so I do know running). There's no one perfect exercise for perfect fitness - rather there has to be a subtle blend of several - train all the aspects of your body and you'll find that the benefits are incredible.

For losing weight alone, I agree, running is probably the best, with strenuous aerobics or martial arts coming a close second.

i'm currently studying yoga so i could blend it with my regular routine. although it is not considered as exercise, rather something that would "balance your mind and body". i'm pretty much excited, but of course i still have to do my biking routines in the morning. i need to get back to my normal weight before i get a job.

Well i dont really think that i even need a doctor.
My BMI is perfect and many infact all say that i dont need to lose weight and i am fit.
But about yoga i must say it is the best in the world and really helps you relax your mind body and soul. Also some of them are really good when you are sick.e.g if you have a cold or are cathing up with it try doing JALANITHI. This exercise is to pass luke warm water through the nose and believe me it clears your nose as nothing happened. Also they say deep breaths through the nose helps in pushing back your tummy inside. Well i am trying this every day for the past two weeks but no change as such with the stomach. But its going to take time.

Yep, I do Jalanati everyday. As for as that exersise of deeb breaths, It requires a proper technique which must be practiced 3 times a day (15 min.) :-)

i think its good to jog, even though i dont do it[im lazy] first timers should start walking, and then jogging. Dont jog all at first, or it will cause you troubles.