xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SuburbanalCuts

Irene Goodnight LEADBELLY

I asked your mother for you She told me that you was too young I wish to the Lord I?d never seen your face or heard your lying tongue Irene goodnight, Irene goodnight Goodnight Irene, Goodnight Irene I?ll see you in my dreams Sometimes I live in the country Sometimes I live in the town Sometimes I have a great notion to jump into the river and drown Irene goodnight, Irene goodnight Goodnight Irene, Goodnight Irene I?ll see you in my dreams Stop ramblin?, stop your gamblin? stop stayin? out late at night Go home to your wife and your family sit down by the fireside bright Irene goodnight, Irene goodnight Goodnight Irene, Goodnight Irene I?ll see you in my dreams I love Irene God knows I do love her till the sea run dry And if Irene turns her back on me I?m gonna take morphine and die Irene goodnight, Irene goodnight Goodnight Irene, Goodnight Irene I?ll see you in my dreams