xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
izzudin

Host Files On Other Site

To save the disk usages of our host, we can upload files somewhere else like fileXoom or filelodge and any other file hosting service... but is there any filehosting service that provides gigabytes of space for free? If there's any, please tell... I have a lot of files to be upload to the net. If anyone can help me find free file host that provides 1 or 2 gigabytes of space...

http://www.gamefront.com/ has unlimited File Space. It does take a bit to upload the big files but it's free so I wouldn't complain. If you want it to go faster uploading you have to be a premium member. You can also use a Google mail account and there is an add on to Firefox where you can use the space from the email account for anything. I am sure there are also other sites out there that do the same you, try searching Google. It always seems to work.

I agree with Pleno if you can get past the slow uploads and downloads, filefront is the only place that I know that has basically unlimited space for file hosting.Your files can be as big as 1 gig.Now the one thing you have to be aware of after a certain period of time, I think it is 30 days. If a file hasn't been downloaded by that time the it is up for deletion. Now of course you have the option of not letting that file get deleted so all you is click on the files you want to stay put and your set. Now if you don't do this with in 7 days I believe then they will get permanently delete along with the stats of that file.

I think one way is to upload the files to google pages. It gives 100 Mb space for uploads. More importantly file will be there for unlimited period and also you can share it with others by giving a link. As far as upload-download speed is concerned, it's fine/nice/cool.