xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brainless

Brainless Is Going To Ireland safe yourselve while you can

In a few days, I'll finish my community service as required by the draft. But what then?

I actually wondered about this when I began the service 8 1/2 months ago and applied to an orphanage in South Africa but I never got any response from them :/
Half a month ago I decided that I can't wait for a response any longer (well, 6 months should be long enough for anyone to at least confirm that they received an application) and began working on the Camphill application form which I sent in to some irish Camphill Communities [camphill.ie]. To my surprise I received the first response right the next day but they were unable to offer me a room and work before June/July 2007. I feared I'd have to get myself a job for these 6 months but two days ago I received a mail from another Camphill Community: If I'm willing to do so, I could join them in late January - and I'm willing to :lol:
The last thing dividing me from Ireland are some formal things like handing in my CV, a police report, a health report and letters from two people saying that I'm ok for working with people with special needs...

...and then I'll be off to Ireland within a month ^_^