xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mich

Need Information About Dsl ATT and Yahoo that is.

I started a new topic because my question was not getting addressed in the other post about Cable and DSL.

Has anybody had any experience with DSL since AT&T and Yahoo have come into the picture? I am considering it as an option since it has now become available in my area through them. No, cable is not an option for me. :lol:

AT&T and SBC Yahoo DSL were always in the picture, but AT&T Basically bought out SBC Yahoo DSL, and i have had SBC Yahoo DSL/AT&T whatever you want to call it for about four years now, and i haven't experienced any problems except the filters that you need to hook up to your phone lines go out every so often (once every two years or so) and you need to replace them unless you want to deal with a staticy phone line and a slower connection, but other than that it has gone down without a hitch, we recently found out that our 2WIRE router was a wireless router and yet we went out and bought a Linksys router, but dont make that mistake, if you get a 2WIRE gateway make sure it is wireless if you want wireless :lol: the speeds vary between how many people are connected to the 2WIRE gateway at once, which is normally all the computers in my house (6) and the speeds are at 11-22Mbps which is wicked fast!I hope you take the leap forward into today's technology and get DSL ^_^ i think you will enjoy it!

i haven't experienced any problems except the filters that you need to hook up to your phone lines go out every so often (once every two years or so)

Filters? Where are they put? AT&T is taking about sending me a modem to hook up to my line and then puter.

if you get a 2WIRE gateway make sure it is wireless if you want wireless

Wireless is not an option. I will be using a desktop without that capacity.

I hope you take the leap forward into today's technology and get DSL :lol: i think you will enjoy it!

I will probably wait until spring because my present yearly contract doesn't run out until then and I can't get a refund.

It is just a small thing

Posted Image

that you hook into the phone jack, then plug your telephone's phone cord into the outlet provided...

when you get your modem, they will send about 4-5 that you need to hook one up to each of your phones

when you get your modem, they will send about 4-5 that you need to hook one up to each of your phones

:lol: That's going to be rough to do for one of them. The phone in the kitchen is a rotary dial hard line wall phone (no wall plug) Edited by Mich (see edit history)

There will be an adapter that will let you hook it up, Mich. No problem.DsL is definately the way to go. WAAAYYYYYY faster and you'll love it after having Dial-up.