xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Forbez

Teleporters

1st in imagination, then in will, then in reality.how far off is a nextel two way radio in comparison to kirk flippin open his communicator and talkin to spock on the other side of a planet.

That would be so cool to own a teleporter!I have friends that live four hours away! That would be so cool to let them come over everyday!And I could go over there! But that does sound kind of dumb. But we can dream......

TeleportersTeleporters

Let's get serious!  Everyone of the comments about Teleporters has been false so far.  Where have you all been?  Why not do your own research by using your brains and fingers to assist you.  Are you afraid of the truth?  Our government has been lying to us for over forty years.  Our military uses teleporters.  Have you heard about Nikola Tesla?  He was an inventer.  His inventions were stolen after he died. They somehow were in the hands of our government.  Hmmmmm!  Yet we are forced to ride in metal cylinders.  We could even have heat in our homes without fuel.  Why not listen to: 'A Conversation with Andrew D. Basiago' on You Tube.  It is worth six hours of your time.  You will be enlightened by his disclosure of how we have all been lied to. If you've seen 'Avatar'...You will get the message loud and clear.  Happy New You!    

-reply by Claudia

I don't think its necessary to chop off people's legs lol. People are building a hadron thingy, that can destory the whole world, just to see if it works :) I think it'll be great to have teleporting technology to transport mail, and to travel long distances or even develop it to travel to distant planets.

The evolution of teleportation might consist of progress over time. :D See we can jump to teleporting computer's or even further mail servers. Still we have to deal with the proton and his small distance. After which we can teleport us to the mail and the mail with us back to the first place. Don't forget your keys at the mail pick-up place! Edited by deonild (see edit history)

In my honest opinion, it is impossible. It would involve the breaking down of molecules, and moving them to the area selected, then being rebuilt into the human shape.

Well I'll be! I never thought I'd see the day when something has already been achieved and people just up and say, "No, it's impossible." And I think the point of teleportation is to transport one object from one place to another WITHOUT MOVING IT or any of the particles it's been broken down to. That's a lot like saying you can teleport a pair of pants by ripping it up and mailing it to the other side of the world, where it will be sewn back together again. So I'll have to disagree with evilsmiley25

I also agree to magikero, there's nothing impossible if someones really want to do things that he/she really wants and in our today civilization there are new technologies and new things coming and releasing by some people.I hope this teleportation you are talking about will be made soon in the near future, it can be use for easy traveling.well maybe they have to study more about dimensions first before they can discover this thing,

Well...I think it's possible...

First of all, keep in mind that teleportation might seem far fetched and inconvenient, but so did the idea of telephones at one time, and what are telephones but sound waves transformed into an electric current that can travel to the other person at high speeds, and then be changed back into sound waves again.

They might be able to achieve a similar thing with more research into quantum tunneling perhaps?

Basically in a nutshell a particle could "teleport" past obstacles, via tunneling, because particles exist in a wave of probability. While the probability is low that it could end up on the other side of the barrier it still exists, allowing for the particle to exist on the other side of a seemingly impenetrable barrier, without going over, under, through or around it. Keep in mind this is a very brief summary, coming from a lay-person.

I found a link on wikipedia that explains tunneling in detail, it can be found here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_tunnelling

Now, how to get that to work on a large scale is beyond me though, but I have high hopes they'll figure it out some day soon.

Au contraire, they have already invented one. Although it only teleported something infinitesimal, an electron or photon, I think, an equally infinitesimal distance, just a few nanometers.
If walking is a problem, though, we could chop your legs off and install bionic limbs. I hear they're making great advances in bionic technology.

If you are loathe to lose your limbs, though, we could also have an electronic wheelchair. See, there are lots of ways to get around and I doubt teleportation is actually needed for petty and trivial matters like scaling short distances :angel:

True but you have to admit that over long distances it would be completely awesome!

I remember seeing Dr. Michio Kaku, co-founder of String Theory, that there has already been teleportation researches just for quantum particles, electrons, photons and such.

Here's how Charles Bennett describes a teleportation machine:

"A teleportation machine would be like a fax machine, except that it would work on three-dimensional objects as well as documents. It would produce an exact copy rather than an approximate facsimile, and it would destroy the original in the process of scanning it,"

Damn. When You put that quote which says the original gets destroyed, it makes me think the whole teleportation process must then be painfull or highly dangerous. Cause think of a fax machine you sometimes get a fail. Imagine that You wree teleporting to spain and the power cut half way throught he process (obviously we are keeping a fax machine in mind here. The other end gets half the fax and the original is still intact now if we were deleting the original as we went along, then it would mean we'd only have half the original left ofcourse we could try again and fax the last bit of the fax so the whole document goes and we are left with a blank paper here or no paper if instead of deleting the written info the original is simply vanishing during transmission.So there is the chance that there could be half a person here and half a person there ouch. hahahahOk maybe someone else will say yeah but with the 3d faxing it would wait till the whole document ( all the information making up the 3d shape) to reach its destination before erasing or vaporising the original. which is clever but scientifical speaking that means that for a fraction of a second there will be two exact clones before the original is vapourised right. Now looking or taking a chance we assume that the orignal fax will transmit the 3d object and the receiver will then reconstruct it and relay to the sender that the 3d object has arrived in whole at this exact moment there are two copies of the object the arrived one that just sent confirmation and the original awaiting to be vaporised. Cut the power at this exact moment before the vaporisation occurs and you have two clones wandering about. That's gonna obviously help increase international crimes by one mastermind and possibly increase the number of wars as each side had a copy of the best soldiers or even a million of one soldier who was faxd to the next rom and at the right moment the power was cut rendering two completre same persons and these two were then re faxed to another room and power cut again to make four soldiers then 8 , 16 32 and so on till there is a million of one soldier. better still they can then reprogram the machine to not even delete the original and to print 100000000 copies of one Rambo type mercenary soldier to be trainined and sold to other countries and each country will buy the total package soldier and soon the whole world will be at war with the same copy of one soldier lol. Damn I must surely have too much time on my hands. Im over thinking this arent i lolAnyway. I believe we are not far from Telep[ortation bercause in reality science has made a lot of progress over the las few years. but in actual fact science hasnt really made any frther progress but just made past inventions better and more accessible. Its not like they have achieved flying cars and computer drivend cars etc. Like they would depict in movies of the eighties. Basically they can even teleport an apple or dead objects or guinea pigs excuse the pun for I doubt we will be teleporting anyime during the next 50 years. The closest we should expect is maybe travel to the moon or lunar station if ever they build one. Cause right now its all just a pipedream

Damn. When You put that quote which says the original gets destroyed, it makes me think the whole teleportation process must then be painfull or highly dangerous. Cause think of a fax machine you sometimes get a fail. Imagine that You wree teleporting to spain and the power cut half way throught he process (obviously we are keeping a fax machine in mind here. The other end gets half the fax and the original is still intact now if we were deleting the original as we went along, then it would mean we'd only have half the original left ofcourse we could try again and fax the last bit of the fax so the whole document goes and we are left with a blank paper here or no paper if instead of deleting the written info the original is simply vanishing during transmission.

LOL! I'm pretty sure that if they complete a teleporter, they would address this issue. Since it's actually just making a copy of you, I guess they can also do these:

1. Save a copy of all your details (DNA, Memory, Etc.) in a flash drive. :angel:
During the whole transmission process, a person will be converted into some type data that will be transmitted through a network. It will allow people to save a copy of all your data for future reference. Haha. A sort of a backup in case something prevents the transmission. At the same time, by having a copy of yourself, it's possible to just store that copy and when you die, re-create your body. As for the memory, however, it will depend on what time/date that data was saved. Now we just found the Fountain of Life.

(I would still prefer to die, though.)

2. Create multiple copies of you.
Yes you are right! It would be easier to recreate multiple copies of a single person. In one side we have 100,000 Osama Bin Laden and on the other we have 100,000 George W. Bush. Let them kill each otherS. Soldiers won't be needed. If there's a problem between two countries that could escalate into a war, make a copy of their respective leaders.. say 10,000 on each side. Select a location and let them fight on their own. (It's the funny side of things.)

It might take a few decades before it comes true but hell, what a scary idea.

:P

Just another American dream to make life easier when it would take much less time to get to your destination than it would to make the teleporter itself.

1000 in Ladens imagine that lol. How would they all co exist. Each one will want to be the leader especially if the Flash drive memory remeebers themselves as the Leader hahaha. They'd probabaly be so much in house fighting and destruction from within, they wont even need to make 1000 of the so called 'Infidels' George Bush to fight them they'd create so much self bombings it would soon destroy all the mountains and they'd have no bunkers to hide. Oh and this is just light fun talk I dont mean to upset any Bin Laden subordinates lest I get their wrath Im just making light talk. My appologis if this sounds offensive to anyone in the world.