xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

What Would You Think Of Someone Like Me?

In general, i would not give a rats left kidney about what people thing about me, but i am just curious as to what people think of my views on dating.. for some mysterious reason :lol: -cough-Sooo... in order to reply to this forum you need to read my dating beliefs.... and yes they may be a bit nerdy/geekish whatever you want to call it, i dont care, just tell me what you think..(keep in mind that one of these is specified at teen relationships - the sex one)I think, that people are in a relationship for how they feel about each other, about how their love bonds them togetherI think, that people are in a relationship not for the size of the diamond that someone can put on their finger, but for their love for each otherI think, that people are in a relationship for the love of it, and not for the sexual pleasure of itI think, that people are in a relationship for how they love each other and not because friends want them to be together,I think that people are in a relationship because they love each other and for no other reasonI think, that in a true relationship, people don't like each other for how they look, but how they act, and how they are on the inside.I think, that i want your opinionSo what would you think of someone like me? dating wise..

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

This is a wonderful vision of relationships, but definitely not true. Everybody look in the outside, I mean you don?t even pay a bit of attention to someone who you don?t like when you see him/her. Yeah, then you get to know each other and maybe that beautiful person is not so beautiful on the inside.. but maybe yes. Meanwhile, a person that doesn?t attract you phisically maybe you would never know, and who knows if you would like her/his inside more than the other.So about you, for that point, I think you don?t have a realistic idea about relationships yet... but hey, who am I to say that you should lose your innocence? No way. In the other points I agree more or less... well, sex is also important, but I wouldn?t base a relationship on it or at least I wouldn?t consider us a couple if there are only sex. And money is always good when it comes with love, without it you?re only living a lie that sooner or later will reveal.

Edited by Sprnknwn (see edit history)

. . . but definitely not true. Everybody look in the outside . . .

I'ma have to disagree with this statement. The way you're looking at it is probably from personal experience, but that can be limited, as it shows. The list in Albus' post is possible, all of it, for at least one person out there. There are people out there that don't judge by appearance. The kind of love described in Albus' post is rare, but it is out there. There would be less problems in relationships if there were such a love in those relationships.

Well, wow, that's really cute and nice. However, that's obviously not the way every relationship is. Then again, I don't think that a relationship can last if it isn't based on what Albus described. Anyways, rest assured that we at least don't think you're nerdy or dumb or whatever. A romantic perhaps, but whatever.

This is a wonderful vision of relationships, but definitely not true. Everybody look in the outside, I mean you don´t even pay a bit of attention to someone who you don´t like when you see him/her. Yeah, then you get to know each other and maybe that beautiful person is not so beautiful on the inside.. but maybe yes. Meanwhile, a person that doesn´t attract you phisically maybe you would never know, and who knows if you would like her/his inside more than the other.

True relationships always are made first being friends. This guy says a true point, you wont pay attention to someone doesnt seems attractive to you. So many people date earch other by meeting and being friends, so they know how they are, likes and dislikes, and finally end dating.

Now talking of what i think of you Albus, I think that you have a correct and nice vision of relationships, that is how it should be for everyone, but unfortunately it isnt. Many people may think that you are just saying what people wanna hear, not what you really think, but i think that you must be a clean person that looks more inside people than outside, and that you are kind of sentimental :lol:

Everybody will look at every aspect of a person to decide if they like them or not. I can personally openly say i base some of my thoughts on looks, the outside combines with the inside to complete the person. If you ain't happy with the complete person, you just won't be happy.It's not to say everyone will only always like these hot super models (Which sometimes i don't think are that hot!), but more that everyone has there own view of 'beautiful' so to speak. Some think that the ''Goth" look is someone for them, others think i like the 'Princess' look is for them, and rarely you see the two mix. The above posts i agree wih, your first initial point of contact you base on looks, then you get to know them as friends, and if something eventuates from there, so be it, good luck for you.Looks has nothing to do with sex between two people that love each other, because sex should be used as both a pleasurable and 'love forfilling' action between two people. This is where use looks, that is to use the common line of "I have banged so-n-so in the back seat of my parents car!"... I say good luck being on the dole or pension all your life!

I would like to comment on your vision of love, it is the perfect ideology of what love is. Based on love, and nothing but true affection but this is totally unrealistic for 2 simple reasons: We are human and we are not angels. I agree with these 2 points.

I think, that people are in a relationship for how they feel about each other, about how their love bonds them together
I think, that people are in a relationship not for the size of the diamond that someone can put on their finger, but for their love for each other

A lot of relationships can say that this is the case between them, many couples would go through hardship together and enjoy success together.

But not this:

I think, that people are in a relationship for the love of it, and not for the sexual pleasure of it
I think, that people are in a relationship for how they love each other and not because friends want them to be together

I think that people are in a relationship because they love each other and for no other reason

I think, that in a true relationship, people don't like each other for how they look, but how they act, and how they are on the inside.

If the both of you love each other but are not really good sexual partners, there is bound to be that part of dissatisfaction in your mind. Asking yourself whether you should move on to other sexual partners. Sometimes, people are often influenced into being together due to their friends, it is their peer pressure which is pushing them and if they are very easily influenced and have a weak heart, they will succumb to what their peers want and not what they want.

This is the point I would like to elaborate the most because this is a point I feel does not apply to 95% of us including me. A lot of us would base on looks before getting interested in someone, if a person has an irritable face or an ugly body, there is a high chance we won't continue pursing the person even if she is the best and down to earth person you know. In every relationship, I believe that looks play a very important part, but of course character also plays a huge part, this person may be the most sexiest, hot and pretty girl you have met in your entire life, but if her character is bad, I am sure you would not want her to be your life partner.

I think you're slightly deluded babe. Not everyone is in it for the love. I mean, if I can find a guy I love and be in a happy relationship then great! Just show me the guy now! Sad fact is, you don't always find someone you love that quick, and I know that most of the relationships I'm in are purely sexual... I'm also in it for the money. If I can get both sexual pleasure and money... well, money spent on me, then I'm happy. I'm in it for the money and the sex... tut tut tut, bad me. So sue me!

Although you can be in a relationship where it's 'cos you love each other and you don't care about the money... it doesn't always happen. Anyway, I hope you find the right girl, or boy, for you. :lol:

Well I would think you sound really clingy. Teen relationships are almost never about love. Most of them are for physical gratification, because the other person is "hot," or because people felt pressured to because all of their friends had a girlfriend/boyfriend.A very very small amount of highschool relationships contain two people that actually love each other.If you're talking about marriage, I agree with you. But you can't expect to love someone unconditionally on the first date.

i always thought : dont care about what others say if your feelings are true and not only by one side. if a relationships ends (for any reason) i think i would just give it a try to stay friends if possible (as i did with my first girlfriend) because at the beginning of each relationship is frendship and even if you cant be partners, a real frendship deserves another chance... after some time

I think you're slightly deluded babe. Not everyone is in it for the love. I mean, if I can find a guy I love and be in a happy relationship then great! Just show me the guy now! Sad fact is, you don't always find someone you love that quick, and I know that most of the relationships I'm in are purely sexual... I'm also in it for the money. If I can get both sexual pleasure and money... well, money spent on me, then I'm happy. I'm in it for the money and the sex... tut tut tut, bad me. So sue me!

Although you can be in a relationship where it's 'cos you love each other and you don't care about the money... it doesn't always happen. Anyway, I hope you find the right girl, or boy, for you. :P

i've gotta agree wit' you giirl.

in the perfect world.. itd be love & devotion for one another, but certainly in the younger generation it's v.RARE. perhaps it changes when you get older? but i dunno about love, what is "love" how do you define it? can you define it? :P

I think your views on dating and romantic relationships are a bit kinda too altruistic.See, no matter where in the world you are, the first thing people see is your looks. Now I know not all people are superficial like that but there's still a significant percentage who are pretty judgmental on a person's look.Then there is also intellect. I, for one, wouldn't want to marry anyone who can't even understand what I'm saying and simply nods and smiles. Really, that's pretty much one-sided and both sides will feel like $#!+ after some time. Not that I'd ever marry, anyway, unless they legalized homosexual marriages here.There is also sex. True, we may claim to be totally head over heels when it comes to our partner. However, many was a disappointed woman who silently (and politely, might I add) cried out in anguish upon discovering that their partner's equipment did not have sufficient length to pleasure them.Money is also an issue. I won't marry someone whose financial output is waaay below mine. What's to assure me he's not ripping me off? That sort of thing happens to a lot of gays in our country.Lastly, there are also the finer details that do not show themselves up in the dating phase. For example, some women shave their legs, exercise their bellies or pluck their armpits only when their dating. Within a month after marriage, you'd wake up to find a hairy Amazon beside you. It's not exactly my idea of waking up to a good day.Or, for another example, shortly after marriage, you discover that your husband takes a bath only once a week, if at all. Of course, you would have no idea because the self-conscious part of him made sure he took a bath before every date with you. Now that you're in the bag, so to speak, some people think, "Why bother prettying myself up? He/she is already mine and she'll have to accept me for who I am," which is kinda unfair since dating a person rarely shows his/her true personality and the little, but significant, details of his/her existence.If a person sees through all that and loves someone purely for the sake of love, then I believe that person is an infant who has not had the benefit of learning from experience how cruel, superficial and judgmental everyone in the world must be in order to survive and, hopefully, propagate their blood line :P

but i dunno about love, what is "love" how do you define it? can you define it? :P

You can't define it's material base, but you can define what 'love' is. IMO, strictly mine, love is a bond between two things, items, peoples etc. and without the 'two' there is no love. There are different types of love.

Food Love, Item Love, People Love, Animal Love and the reality is that it is very specific as well. You may like a certain brand, your dog, not everyone elses as well. People believe there is two love sitiautions, feeling love, and true love. feeling love would be when you first get your puppy, you adore the hell out of them, then the noveility wears away. True love is simply that, that lasts forever.

What am i getting at here? People can love each other at any stage, it may not be true love where nothing could seperate them, but a mild form where you have someone you can trust. Those in a relationship for sex and money only are doing nothing more then what hookers do on the street. You have to feel something, you have to holding that relationship for more then money. Otherwise its just plain useless.