xisto Community
Dagoth Nereviar

Are You A Gamer? How Are You Weight Wise? (See topic to explain poll options)

See topic for explaination  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll explain the options first:

Are you a gamer?

Yes - You play games non-stop for ages

I play every now and again - You play games often, sometimes you play for long periods

No - You may play them, but not for long times

What's your weight like?

Overweight - You're quite large (meant with the least offense possible)

Abit chubby - You have a spare tire or two

Normal - You don't have flab, but you're not skinny

Skinny - People think you don't eat that much

Like a twig - People call you anorexic, even if you're not

How do you eat? (Your diet, basically)

Healthy - You eat nothing but healthy foods

Whatever I feel like - If you feel like unhealthy, you eat that, and vice versa

Unhealthy - You eat nothing but fastfood, snacks, etc

(I wanted to explain it, if there was any confusion. If the mods/admins think this is "spamming", then I'll put in a quote to remove the extra credits ^_^ )

Right, now onto why I made the poll:

I was just thinking, people try to get skinnier by how they eat, and how much exercise they do. And in some cases, it doesn't work. Now I'm skinny (Close to being "like a twig" :D) but I do little exercise and eat alot of unhealthy foods, but I do also eat healthy foods. I then got onto thinking that alot of gamers, like me, are thin. And I was wondering how many gamers/non gamers were thin/fat and what their diet was like.

It may also be some sort of research for someone :lol:

Well, I hope you answer my poll :D And reply, if you wish

Edited by Dagoth Nereviar (see edit history)

I play quite a bit some days and others I'm stuck doing homework. It's not that I play games all day though but I do use the computer more than anything else and play games a lot. I do indeed eat whatever I want but I'm only 120 pounds at 15 and 5' 6". I'm average height and really skinny. So really no I'm not overweight, I do go around and play basketball and stuff too but that's not why I'm skinny. I just have a fast metabolism. People that see themselves getting overweight wait too long before they try to do anything about it and give up a lot of the time. Some people really do try and can't avoid it though. By the way my vote I meant to put as the second choice not the first.

I'm a hardcore gamer. Playing sittings of about 4 hours.I'm pretty skinny, I'm a little between normal and skinny. I'm 116lb and I'm 5'7.Diet is pretty health, considering I still have my parents cook me 1 meal (Dinner). I grew up not really eating fast food, or drink many soft drinks since my mother who I had lived with never did. So I still really don't. And since my parents and sister are all Vegetarians. Eating Tofu and Spinach soup is pretty common.Just touching up on the excersise bit, I like running, but only short distances. I do a little bit of track, but nothing like running 1600m.

Just to point out the obvious, polls like this won't get realistic statistics. You will get more people voting for the more favorable answers. If someone thinks they are overweight they probably won't want to submit their results as much as someone who thinks they are of an average weight. Not all viewers vote and therefore polls often display statistics relevant to only groups of people. What do u think?

I play games every now and again, I prefer staring at programing languages, as I get a much better sense of achievement. I eat healthily, most of the time. I haven't had anything that most people consider unhealthy in a month. I walk about 2 miles every day, and spend the rest of the time sitting down. I have been called anorexic, but that stopped when they saw me eat anything put in front of me, and huge amounts of it. I just cannot seem to gain any weight.

I also consider myself as a gamer, and yes, im so skinny. Is supossed that gamers are overweight, cause they eat so much and spend a lot of time sit down in front of a PC or TV ^_^ and do not spend so much time doing exercise.The main reason that im skinny is for that, i do lots of aerobic exercise, especially sports. I eat... ummm.. sometimes healthy and sometimes just fast food, but the matter of being overweight is the amount of saturated fats you eat, the snacks and fast food have the major quantity of them.So, if you eat a lot of fastfoods and snacks, stop doing any kind of aerobic exercise and right after eat you go to sit down and play some games, you will be winning weight and end overweight :lol: unfortunately that doesnt always works for skinny people that are considered ''hardgainers'', like me.

I consider myself a gamer and i am quite in shape. I dont eat healthy though. I might only be in shape because im a firefighter. Maybe if i have a different occupation and i was a gamer it might be a different story. I alsays had the idea in my head though the hardcore gamers are big fat surrounded by pizza boxed and bottles of pepsi or something like that. Steriotyping i know. Sorry guys or if i have just offended somebody by discribing their life im also sorry.

I am a gamer. I play games whenever i have some free time to waste. I find it enjoyable. As for weight, i am a very slender person. I am 6 ft tall but only weigh 140 lbs. This does not mean i am just bone. I go to the gym 3 - 4 times a week and play hockey so i have lots of muscles. Its just my genetic makeup. As for eatting. I am a college student so i wouldnt say i always eat the best but i try to get my fruits and vegetables most of the time.

Ya i am a gamer, i am not overweight i am normal, and i eat for the most part healthily. When i am not playing video games i am either doing homework, hanging out with friends, or playing indoor soccer. I dont know why but most people think that if you are a gamer that you are fat, i dont know why that is. Usually people dont think that i am as much of a gamer as i really am. But ya i am a gamer but i take care of myself by eating healthy, making sure i get enough excercise, and not letting myself gain a lot of weight.

I play games pretty often, about 3 hours every day (no public, just clanwars) and I don't think it affects my health in any way. I guess if gaming is all you do you will get problems with your health, but a good combination of pretty healthy food and a lot of movement will keep you fit enough..

If this information helps any, I know a lot of people, including me, who'd rather play games in the dead of the night. I mean, it's much quieter, you have less distractions and the atmosphere is no longer too hot (We live in the tropics) My mom said if I don't follow the natural Circadian cycle (i.e. normal hours of sleep) I'm bound to lose weight.If it also helps discombobulate people, I also know some chubby gamers, some so-so gamers and some skinny gamers. Given that, I am inclined to doubt there is any strong correlation between gaming intensity and body weight :lol:

When I was a kid, I used to play from sunrise to midnight... I was skinny and I didn't really eat healthy unlike now. Well, I'm still skinny, though I don't play like I used to. I spend more time with my manga and subbing groups nowadays as a translator/manga editor...

I'm not that much of a gamer. I used to be a lot more of a nerd, but even then I ate healthy and stayed fit. Now I'm more likely to be playing badminton in my backyard than Warcraft on my computer. In any case, you can be a gamer and still be healthy.

Lol crazy poll man. But I am one guy who does play games, maybe not staying up to 2 AM "pwning noobs" but I do enjoy them. I am not overweight, in fact I am under weight haha. I don't really eat very health food, just whatever comes to mind. It kind of sucks that people think I don't eat much but hey at least i'm not obese. Probably because of my extremely fast metabolism. Haha well cool poll, see ya!-Jester