xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
coreymanshack

Text Based Rpg's The black and white version of the gaming world.

Anyone here play games like https://www.kingdomofloathing.com/login.php?loginid=0df0b518778840f4b82eb95b7c614440 ? I particularly like those kinds of games for some reason. I play the market mostly, although it has a gambling game there that I usually loose all of my game currency to. It sucks when that happens :). It's kind of like a real life sim in a cartoon world if you think about it though.

I remember when text used to be the only games. And I ran a site with Promisance and Ledgend of the Green Dragon MMPOG's as well as Black Nova traders for a number of years. Did quite well too, about $800 a month from ad revenue back when it was $.10 a click. Beat a part time job while in college.

i hate text rpgs,... sry..

They're not too bad... Well i dont mind them anyway. I used to love them loads. Legend of the green dragon was a classic game. Although i dont do much online gaming anymore. I much prefer x-box 360 games now. I havent played text based games for a while now.

I have only really played one text based RPG it was called Syrnia. At first it was kinda fun, and then it was really gay cause you had to wait like 1 minute to travel from town to town and took forever to get one item. To me they arent really fun. I would rather play a game like runescape. but i dont play either of those i play guild wars factions, so i wouldnt know what the point of me playing those kind of RPG's.

I haven't actually played any text based rpgs, but I imagine if I played on one I would enjoy it.I'm currently in the process of trying to create my own rpg. I'm creating this in php so this will be a text based rpg.Recently, I have gotten into massive multiplayer games such as runescape. I feel a lot of parts of games like these are realistic and if you get into something fun it can become quite addictive.One thing that's good about rpgs is levelling up. I feel the levelling up is what makes such games more realistic. If you think about it, in reality, as you gain more experience at doing something, you are able to perform that task a lot easier and quicker. The same thing happens on these rpg games. Imagine you are working on your attack skill, the more experience you have on this skill, the more likely you are to have attacked an online opponent and dealt some damage.Although Text based rpgs don't have any images or anything like that, they still follow the design of a basic rpg game, with the levelling up. I imagine there are some people out there who don't like having a load of images spoiling the game and possibly some who prefer playing these games in a text format.Finally, games which are in a text format are a lot easier and quicker for people with slower internet connections or slower computers to view. The computer doesn't need to load any images or anything which could take some time to download or display on the computer. It's only text which needs to be outputted onto the screen.

Text Rpg's Are kinda stupid and pointless.

Text Rpg's Are kinda stupid and pointless.

please don't flame something that you don't understand. text RPG-s are one of the first multiplayer games on the internet. maybe to you gaming is fancy graphic and stuff like that, but to some it's story, gameplay, and community. you said that you don't like games anyway so why commenting this.

please be more precise in your explanation so that you don't get a warning!