xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Final)ark

Can't Concentrate I cant do my homework

Up until about 4-5weeks ago, I was a great student, getting all A's very easily. Now, i am freaking checking forums every 10 minutes and can't get a single thing done. I can't keep my mind straight of things, and can't stick with one thing, unless its something i really enjoy. Help! I am up every night not being able to do my homework because of some nice forum, or game. (Even though i want to do my homework and get it done!).

Unplug your computer. Don't come back to forums. Rest more. You eventually should feel more active and with more study passion. :)Anyways, if you still can't, consult a psychologist. And if you are a good student, don't play GTA. It would screw up your life. Hehe. I don't think it would induce to anything crazy anyways. Just playing it so much and getting more tired at school...You will eventually end up playing all the night to no sleep or 15 minutes of sleep. (Like me!) :rolleyes:So, take this advice and have a nice day! :rolleyes:

I like to call this Procrastination. You want to enjoy doing stuff but want to do your homework too but you put the other stuff first. I sadly have started doing this as well and it shows sometimes. You just have to force yourself to work on homework and what not and adjust your schedule so you can still play games and what not. If you do play games and use forums first, then you should make sure you only do it for a certain period of time so that you still will have time to do your homework.

keri-j's advice is good...but i suggest a different plan, i suggest that you set goals for yourself.Say you have to write four pages for an essay, set yourself a small goal something like, every page i get done i will get online for 15 minutes or every two pages of homework i get done i will get on for 30 minutes.This may take up a fair bit of your night doing the homework since you spread it out instead of doing it all at once, but at least it will still be getting done and you will be getting higher grades :)

My advive is,play the games first, try to make a target, if you get to some kind of level,or finish a part of the game/mission, do your homework!For the forum, let yourself surf it for a while and then set yourself a limit,open some pages/topics that seems interesting and then close the main page,read the topics, reply them and now concentrate on your homework.

Yeah. Just unplug your computer, UNLESS you can commit not to play games or attend forum excessively. The key point is TIME MANAGEMENT. If you can control yourself, then go ahead. If not, then just unplug your computer. Actually, I have been having the same problem as you. I am easily distracted by things I like. but I cannot control myself. I got dragged away and messed up everything.-Don't play long hours game, like civilization, gta, mmorpg, etc. -Go to forum, or anything you like IF and ONLY IF you got your homework done and your subject in the morning reviewed.Good luck! However, in any way you choose, be prepared to take consequences from everything you did.

I'm afraid that I have the same problem than you. Next year, in June, I have to pass the competitive exams to become a teacher but... since two weeks ago i have been expending a lot of time in front of my computer finding free web hosting with php and mysql to make a forum. I'm not consciuos in the moment about how much time I'm wasting... Someone can give me some advice about it... Thanks a lot!

I'm afraid that I have the same problem than you. Next year, in June, I have to pass the competitive exams to become a teacher but... since two weeks ago i have been expending a lot of time in front of my computer finding free web hosting with php and mysql to make a forum. I'm not consciuos in the moment about how much time I'm wasting... Someone can give me some advice about it... Thanks a lot!

i have found your solution! sign up here and get your hosting!!! because we support both of those!

I hope so.the problem is that I have been trying to find a reliable free webhosting but... all the sites say the same: we offer free webhosting with php, mysql and bla bla bla. But, after I had been spending a lot of time configure them, the page or forum had a lot of problem and sometimes they didn?t run. I have created some accounts in several sites: phpbb.us, 110mb, awardspace... etc. etc. etc. but... they services are ... "not good". I hope to find a good place where I can build my website and I have read on the Internet that this is the best one.And I have a question... Do you have support for forum but... what kind of forum? phpbb? Can I install my own one like vanilla?Thanks a lot for everything!

the problem is that I have been trying to find a reliable free webhosting but... all the sites say the same: we offer free webhosting with php, mysql and bla bla bla. But, after I had been spending a lot of time configure them, the page or forum had a lot of problem and sometimes they didn´t run.

Xisto may not be the best but it is not like the rest.

It offers all the above stuffs you have mentioned and that too without problems. You host your site here and enjoy free service. You will not face any difficulty from Xisto thats for sure I am ready to take gurantee for that. I have also searched the net for free service but has found TRAP to be the best.

Do you have support for forum but... what kind of forum? phpbb? Can I install my own one like vanilla?

You will be getting access to the cpanel updated version, and will be able to build any type of forum free or paid anything.

Yeah, well, all I have to say to this is that tuna is very, very good.SEE! I can't concentrate either. I have this wonderful tuna sandwich in front of me and...Yeah, um, you'll be able to concentrate better if you remove the distraction. Deep, huh?

Sounds a lot like me... Procrastination is one of the skills I have that I want to lose. I often try to do my homework in a room without my computer so I can focus. Then again... I still can't do it entirely, cause I go back to the computer room often and try to check if anyone replied to me, play some music, etc... Sometimes I do my homework at school so I'll have less problems at home. That usually works the best... unless you need to do it at home because of the lack of resources.

unplugging your PC wont help.....you'll just keep thinking about it, and then you'll eventually give up and plug it back in again lol..... :lol: imo, here is the perfect, complicated way to do it:first, unplug your computer....then, take the wire and go to the post office......then, put it in an envelope and send it to yourself!it'll take at least 1 day to get back to your house, and by then you could easily have done all of your homework! pwned! ^_^:D:D

unplugging your PC wont help.....you'll just keep thinking about it, and then you'll eventually give up and plug it back in again lol..... :D

imo, here is the perfect, complicated way to do it:

first, unplug your computer....then, take the wire and go to the post office......then, put it in an envelope and send it to yourself!
it'll take at least 1 day to get back to your house, and by then you could easily have done all of your homework!
pwned! :D:):o

LOL!
I have exactly the same problem and its quite severe! That could have been a joke, but, seriously! its a great idea ^^
If i unplugged it, I'd just think about it even more than if it wasn't (not a lot!) and end up going back 20 mins later and plugging it back in.
This is the perfect solution, although it could prove costly :P
I shall see if i can bargain for some "mail" problem sorting cash...!

cheers :P
Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)