xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tsunami

Does Anyone Know Anything About... how to make a demo?

ok... i have some music i wrote... and the only recording software i have is "windows sound recorder" wooo.... fancy.... any ways... i want to make a demo cd so whenever i get ready to i can send it off or let people listen to it... but! i want to edit some things first... because i am playing all the parts of the music... ie the guitar, bass, and drums... i have to mix them all together, sound recorder does let you do this but its kinda limited.... does anyone know any good/affordable software for this purpose... also... what do you think the next step should be to get... "discovered"?

If you want a Music editing software, you can most likely split the different intruments into different tracks. I'm not sure of it, but I only have experience in Adobe Premiere. Try Searching for the topic next time.
Found at: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/34522-audio-editing/

I would recommend Audacity because I've used it for a couple editing of music. Good luck on composing your music! We're thinking of composing our own music too for our videos that we make. We'll start making them once we get a MIDI adapter for the electric piano. Also, show off your music when your finished so we can all enjoy your talent.

Audacity, is the best free one around that you could probably get, try googling for the download link. I use Cakewalk SONAR, try searching for that too, its expensive, but i think you can get a 30 day trial for it or something!Good luck..