xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pc-master

Borat film

Posted Image

Anyone seen the film? thats probably the funniest movie of the year! The way he speaks, its just insane. So..for the people that have watched it...what did u think about the movie..and for the people who haven't, watch it! :rolleyes::)

I heard something about this movie that made me wanna not go see it. I dare not mention this thing, lest others become troubled by such a thing, as well...

I saw it. As for me there are some very funny moments, but in common it's a *BLEEP* (sorry for this word but i can't find synonym)... I don't know who told that it is a "the funniest movie of the year"...but it's just my own opinion.

I have seen the movie, it has some rather funny moments, but some quite offending as well, also, it is a little bit too much the same thing again and again, especially if you've seen earlier work from this man.

I've seen the movie twice, and while I don't really need to see it any more (you'll remember all of the jokes and the commentary of the first viewing all through the second -- once is enough!), you have to realize that this is a satire by a Jewish person on bigotry in America. He portrays a foreigner who is an anti-Semite and is voicing the opinions of what he believes is the absolute backwoods of society.The sad thing is that people, like the rodeo manager, actually agree with him.Don't necessarily view it as offensive, because what he portrays as offensive (the Running of the Jew, etc) is actually inherently offensive to himself (because he's Jewish). I like it as a satire - crude - but somewhat necessary. Remember that there was no scripting involved past a few scenes. The people who are suing him are doing it out of their own lack of judgment. If they hadn't believed what they said, they wouldn't have said it. It's an expose on our society, and what exactly we need to change, so I hope the "victims" learned from this.I do feel sorry for the Jewish couple, however; they were so sweet, but I'm sure there was some sort of compensation for their erratic behavior. If it helps, Sasha Baron Cohen's 94 year old grandmother in Israel approved of the film.

I agree with some there are some repetition in this movie but it is really funny and the way he mocks people is great. I just don't understand how they didn't get that he is mocking them. Also I have read in the news papers that he has been sued by some of the people there including the hotel which in fact was really taped and not set up.

Borat is a really great comedy although they could have left out some scenes. I would recommend it to anyone who can handle um....., well, just read a review. Man, I loved the scene in which he proposes to Pamela.

The movie is genius. I can't believe people are trying to sue him, he didn't do anything but listen to people, they let their true selves be shown to the public, haha-4-you! Those college kids made a damn fool of themselves and they deserved it, they can't say that he got them drunk.. they did it themselves, they said it themselves, they need to accept it. DA's.The movie has done good in the awards, which is should of. Everyone should see this movie, except for maybe the little ones as it does have some graphic images in it.

Borat is a really awesome, hilarious movie and is also very original. It's about this guy who says his name is Borat Sanchez (though he is really an actor from the UK) and he is from "the great nation of" Kazakhistan. He is going to the US to learn about there culture and report back the his country. He interviews a buncha old people who are apparently like all important or something but he asks them all these stupid questions and acts extremely racist and hates jews which is very funny. Borat also played a character called Ali G in the Ali G TV series which was, I thought, even funnier because he dressed up as a rapper and interviewed famous people and asked stupid questions.