xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fallenfirebanshi

Favourite Drink, Just To Clarify - Favourite Alcoholic Drink

Now obviously when I started drinking seriously (i.e. not just bucks fizz at christmas) I was about 13 and I drank beer because it was cool. Then I started drinking vodka because I could get drunk a whole lot quicker. Since then I've dried most alcoholic drinks including most cocktails though not all and I was wondering how everyone else's alcoholic taste has develope. Call it a study if you will but basically I'm just interested. Until about 8 months ago I had a strick alcohol diet. I drank Guiness in pints that had to be pored in three separate stages and takes 180 secsonds until its ready to drink. If I was going to drink a spirit then a drank Gin. NOw while these are still my favourite drinks my secondary tastes have changed. I used to never touch wine, could stand the stuff, especially red and yet now I often find myself drinking red wine(out of a gin/whiskey tumbler though, i don't want that whole wine conasiour (sp??) look) I used to never drink weak crappy lagers but since i've travelled the world and found out the only thing you can get in south east asia the light beer I've started enjoyin it more. Cider again is another drink I never used to have but I now find myself partaking of it whenever it's available. And other spirits have become nicer it seems. Vodka has never tasted as nice as it does now. Essentially what i'm asking is simply how have you tastes devoloped. I'm 19 now and when I was 18 I had refined my self to 2 regular drinks. Now i'm 19 i'll drink anything but straight whiskey but put something with it and I won't complain. So how have your tastes developed over time?Just my thoughts.

Now this is a particularly interesting topic, as for me I started drinking rather late at the mature age of 18 or something(I am 23 now) and now hardly goes a day when I am away from my DIET of Whiskey(with soda all the way). I tried Vodka, Gin, Rum but nothing compared to it. Its not that I wont drink them coz that would totally be a case of offending the booze gods(I cant dream of offending em), its just that I prefer the soothing and strong taste of whiskey over anything else.

I think mine just now is probably Magners. Brilliant cider, can't get enough of it. I'm going to try though, quite sick of drinking just now as the lows are outweighing the highs. Shall see how that goes!

I'm too young to drink, so my opinion won't really matter as I'm basing it one taste as opposed to effect. I'd have to say Pimms.Nothing is more delicious than a glass of Pimm's and ice. Possibly with fruit on special occasions.

Edited by elaks (see edit history)

Cascade Premium Light, Hahn ICe, Carlton Mid, many types of beer are up there (well except VB and Fourex .. ugh). Dont mind the vodka, Rum (Bundy Rum) though. As for lolly water (chick's drinks) eg Cruisers I dont really drink it that much.

Well, i enjoy Beer. While I drink laker because its only a buck-a-beer (and im on a small budgets) and it tastes fairly ok (don't mix it up with Lakeport), Coors Light is more of my drink. Bud is alright aswell as Moosehead.Onto liquor... I hate whiskey, but whiskey and apple juice (wapple) is an alright drink. Rum and coke has been my favorite since I started drinking, but occasionally I like a ceasar (vodka + motts clamato juice) but not too spicy. Usually just the two drinks work fine, sometimes the rimmer, seasoning salt, lemon juiceto add some extra flavor. But I'm a beer man, always have, always will.

I started drinking around the age of 17...lager (beer)....then moved onto anything really...would go to the pub and sample something different everytime i went...tho favouring gin/bittlemon...and lager....went through a phase of drinking a lot of Irish cream whisky until i over indulged 1 new year n it mad me very icky lol...now i just drink lager in a pub...very rarely drink at home...cos not keen on canned lager....so when i do drink at home i like a vodka...lots of ice and fresh orangecaz