xisto Community
fallenfirebanshi

Who Created God?

God has no beginning and no end because God is unimaginable. The beginning and the end must be also unimaginable for an unimaginable item. The beginning and the end of the cosmic energy or space or the creation are also unimaginable. Therefore, the beginning and the end are unimaginable for the unimaginable item like God and also for the imaginable item like space. Therefore, the two points, which are the beginning-less and end-less characteristics cannot help you in understanding the real nature of God. If you start recognizing the God by simply these two points (beginning-less and end-less), you may think that God is an imaginable item like the space or energy or the creation. In fact based on these two characteristics people have imagined God as an imaginable item like space or energy or creation. This concept has misled people to such a low level that people think that God is the very infinite space or infinite energy or infinite creation. Therefore, one should filter the concept of God at this juncture itself. One should think that God has no beginning and no end because the beginning and the end of an unimaginable item are also unimaginable.

Notice from truefusion:

I agree with u that God is no begin and no End
but the Question is
Who created God???

This question is inherently false and self contradictory. If we were to say for the sake of argument -that some one created God then they would ask who created the creator of the creator? Then who created the creator of the creator of the creator? And so on,...................
This is irrational and impossible.

Quran tells us:

Say: He is Allah the One and Only;Allah The Eternal, the Absolute (The self-sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats or drinks);
He begets not, nor was He begotten; And there is none co-equal or like Him.

[112:1-4]

I have the feeling one will be just thinking in circles when attempting to answer that question. I understand that people are curious, but personally I'm not really looking for the answer on such questions :lol: It doesn't seem to make much sense when you first say the he is the creator of everything. It would mean that he created himself aswell, and that doesn't sound 100% logical either. I'm rather wondering why it's a he instead of a she? Why does a gender have to be applied? And if it has to be one of either gender, why specifically male instead of female?

Chicken and the egg all over again. God is a paradox, and against the Law of Conservation of Matter (Matter cannot be created or destroyed) AND The Law Of Conservation of Energy (Energy cannot be created or destroyed), which defeats the two physical purposes of a god - creation and power. The idea of having a creator implies an infinite loop of creators, because to be able to create, you have to be created first. The only break from the loop is using "magic" as an explanation. It's like the whole nullity solution. There isn't an answer, so you make something up...it's not exactly conducive to reality. Religion's really crazy complicated to explain, so people don't try.

to answer your question, ink, god was assumed to have the male gender because of patriarchal ideology. when religion was created, it was created in a time where male is the dominant gender, or at least that's what they claimed it to be. in the catholic religion, the priests were male, and in establishing the religion (especially in creating the bible, by archiving all the texts that were written by their ancestors), everything was biased toward the male gender.and since i've mentioned the bible, just take the "creation of man" as an example. man was molded in the image and likeness of god, which is also a man (and take note, it uses the word MAN and not WOMAN--which is also means in context as subordinate of MAN, thus WO-MAN). eve was only taken from adam's side, which also means that a woman is a part of a man, under his powers. and i think the bible also mentions that when eve was created, god told her that her task is to accompany adam and make him "happy", thus making her like a servant or something, which also depicts women in a lower status than males.

The origins of God are a curious concern. If one concludes that God has no beginning nor end and at the same time that God still exists, there is an easy method to show that God would be superfluous in the creation of the world. God has no progenitor; God has existed through all time, principally because God transcends time. The question of God's birth is irrelevant, then, since God was "begotten" rather than "born." There is no reason to believe that the universe could not have been "begotten" from itself without God.

Francis S. Collins brings up in his book, The Language of God (overall a very silly book for its intention, but there is some rationality to some of its points yet), the insult to reason that is stuffing every gap in modern knowledge with divine intervention. Dr. Collins calls this perspective on God as one who conveniently fills-in all the unknowns in science a "God of the gaps" perspective. Gaps include "missing links" in evolution (a major topic in his book), which he maintains is a very feasible, factual method of explaining the change of species over time. A God of the gaps perspective would apply God to anything that could not be explained rationally at that time. For another example, if one were confounded as to the migratory patterns of birds in trying to explain how the flocks reliably fly to the same places each year, that one may explain it with divine intervention: "God whispers the directions in the ears of the birds."

Creation is itself a "God of the gaps" situation. Anyone who believes in some degree of science perceives that at one time, all the universe may have existed in a tight ball of matter and energy. For the scientific believers, they may at this point posit that God created this volatile ball just so, so that a young cosmos might result a billion years later. The creation of the mass prior to "the Big Bang" is to-date unexplained by modern science, and perhaps its source may never be discovered. However, putting God at the foot of creation is still "God of the gaps." This could be another case where "I don't know" turns into "act of God." After all, is it more reasonable to believe that human ignorance keeps the origins of the universe off-limits, or that an invisible, transcendent, and supernatural being magically created everything from nothing? Occam's razor has faith-shattering implications.

Gods were created by people, as religion can be a pretty useful thing when used responsibly. It can be used to unite and/or control groups of people, and it gives the believers some hope and guidelines on how to live their lives. It gives them someone to blame when things go wrong, someone to help them when they're confused, someone to be with them when they're alone... and the list goes on. Its just easier for me to believe in the existence of people with voids to fill than a logical impossibility. :P

God.. well is god, depending on how you look at it. Well there are many other differing views..ie the monkeys and the scientology view on things, but lets not go there. A father figure like God gives something for the people to look up to, something to blame when things goes wrong, someone to turn to in a time of crisis and so forth. Of course there are the nutters (well virtually all religions have their outspoken people), but the majority of people in most religions would be pretty nice people.

Fascinating subject :DMy take on 'who created god' might surprise a few :P I think the ones who created god - were human :DWell, it's just my private opinion, I understand that this is a controversial issue, so I put this forward as my personal view ONLY, and nothing more.I think humans created god/gods to explain those aspect of the universe that they did not (or do not) understand.For example, when there was an eclipse, the sun would look like a great bird of fire in the heavens, and this gave rise to one of the oldest 'gods' the phoenix, that symbol of death and re-birth.Then we had the greek gods who controlled the various aspects of nature.And now today we have a god who controls those aspects of human life and the cosmos that we cannot control ourselves :)Perhaps when human knowledge is vast enough to encompass almost everything, humans will banish their gods.Well, a controversial point of view, I know. Feel free to disagree completely, I surely can be completely wrong here, it's mostly conjecture on my part :P

Woah! Quite the scholarly rodomontading going on in this thread, but I'm not sure how much of the ensuing discussion progressed or built on the original post that started this topic, though I can hardly fault anyone for that..

Could someone help me out on what the point of this first post is? It looks like a rebuttal to that infinite regression paradox that people have been bringing up and then perhaps something else afterward?

God has no beginning and no end because God is unimaginable. The beginning and the end of the cosmic energy or space or the creation are also unimaginable.

God precedes time, is "unimaginable" in that he stands outside of beginnings and ends. Ok. But why not just discard beginnings and ends in this discussion then? Why do there have to be "unimaginable" beginnings and ends and what are those? Are you just being redundant and further explaining how they don't apply?

Someone tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this is unclear and wordy for the sake of being wordy...

Of course its impossible for God to exist. But, we only use 10% of our brain. So technically, we are stupid. If we could use 100% of our brain we might know how God was created etc.Thats why their is faith. Faith in believing God exists.

Of course its impossible for God to exist. But, we only use 10% of our brain. So technically, we are stupid. If we could use 100% of our brain we might know how God was created etc.
Thats why their is faith. Faith in believing God exists.

So if we used more than 10% of our brain all would be well?

I'm an Atheist and these are my views. Remember my views, since its based on science proof, may seem uncaring or not thoughtful, but i will be straight up:

[1] There is no possible way something can be created from nothing. Let's say there was some sort of power that COULD make something from nothing, then he would have to be created. There was nothing, then god just BOOM appeared? You have to have something to create something. Even if you did have magical powers your still here to create something. Here is an experiment you can do to prove my point! Get a glass box, keep it in a place that the tempature wont change, and leave it for as long as you like. When you come back there wont be anything in it except the possibility of mold or condensation, but that would only happen if you put something in it to begin with.

[2] This is to the people who say you should not question it. Why not? If no one questioned anything women wouldnt be able to vote, people would still be slaves, and lets not even get into the Greek gods and how the world is flat.

[3] If something created God, wouldn't he be the God since he would have to be MORE powerful then God to create a God?

[4]

God has no beginning and no end because God is unimaginable.

If he is then how do we have a God? You have to imagine a God to believe in a God.
To me religion is more about proving a point with no science or proof rather then even thinking logical. To me it's like stories like Little Red Riding Hood or The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Its just so you can learn what good and bad. Seems like you would grow out of it.
Edited by BooZker (see edit history)

Just like verse 1 Corinthians 15:27, when it is said, "God created everything," it is clear that "everything" does not include God Himself. Unfortunately, it is only clear to believers. Since we ourselves have been created, we cannot fathom how something could have always existed.

Isaiah 29:16

Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, "He did not make me"? Can the pot say of the potter, "He knows nothing"?