xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fallenfirebanshi

2+2=5, Dont Believe It, Check It Yourself

The mathmatics is flawed. 4-9/2 is not equal to 5-9/2 and the way that line is devised is also wrong. Try it on any calculator and you will see that it makes no sense.

What, the right answer to prove 2+2 is equal to 5? But you can't prove 2 + 2 is equal to 5 becuase that is wrong! There is of course the old proof that 2 plus 2 will equal 5, but only for exceptionally large values of 2.

OK, the proof is with rounding errors, which do not enter the maths you have used here.If you have the sum 2.4 + 2.4 = 4.8 and round everything to 1SF then you get the sum 2 + 2 = 5, which is only created due to a bad use of rounding and is obviously wrong.

When you cancel the square OR power of two (^2), you violates mathematics. although both sides are square, it doesn't mean you can cancel them. The number squared in the left hand side is negative, whereas in the right hand side is positive. Both side will produce positive value.

-20=-2016-36=25-45
16-36+81/4=25-45+81/4
(4)^2-2(4)(9/2)+(9/2)^2=(5)^2-2(5)(9/2)+(9/2)^2
(4-9/2)^2=(5-9/2)^2
4-9/2=5-9/2
4=5
2+2=5

but,
(4-9/2)^2 -> negative number squared, (-1/2)^2
(5-9/2)^2 -> positive number squared (1/2)^2

you cannot cancel the square! That's my answer. :) It is nice puzzle anyway

I dont like this types of puzzles because thay are developed by people who have less knowledge in mathematics.And according to Chanakya (A great indian politician in Chrandra Gupt Maurya's rein in I guess 500AD or some thing, who wrote a book about how to run a government), Its better to keep a snake in your home but always avoid a person with half knowledge in any subject, because they are more dangerous and will always create problems for you.Now back to problem, what you have done is that whenever you cancell squares you have to put a plus/minus sign that is,if, a^2 = b^2then a = +b or a = -bWhy?because when you square a negative number you will always get positive number. So you have to take both of them, but with some other condition you have to find out which one of the two are correct.I think it is now clear.

Ok, I'm definitely not a maths wiz... but even from a simple view it doesnt really look right at all... it's just like saying 1+1 = window... or even some weird formation of a 3.