xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Matrixdudej

Time Viewing

Einstein once proved time travel impossible but never said anything about time viewing i bielive so i posted this to see if anyone has opinions i can feed off of about eithera)do you think time viewing will ever be possible and if so your theoryor b)do you not agree with Einstein and think time travel wil one day be possible and if so your theory

What do you mean time viewing? Do you mean seeing them like we can see sound waves or such?

Well Albert Einstein can be wrong, Aristotle was wrong and even people today are proved wrong. I am not gonna rule out either time travel or viewing. Maybe not in our time but maybe in future generations. But you know it still could be sort of hard to go back in time, I am not sure how in the world you'd be able to do that. It could take years and years of research. Plus if you go back in time you might not come back so maybe not. As for viewing, I sort of doubt it because that'd mean you'd have to go back in time to view it. Plus how would you view it? Unless they can find memories in your brain that you don't actually remember but is like in the recycle bin or you don't think about normally. But other than that, you have video cameras.

The problem with time travel is the time travel paradox. Time travel relies on every millisecond of existence being constantly replayed in a time dimension, which we could then move to and run through the points making time appear to pass. Well, if you go back in time and kill one of your ancestors and break the chain of events leading to your own birth then it would not be possible for you to go back in time and kill them (as you would never have existed) which would cause your ancestors to survive and carry on as normal, leading to your birth and therefore the murder... ad infinitum.Attempts have been made to explain this, such as stating that you can't change the past or future. This also then implies that we all have no effect or influence on the world at all and all our actions are predetermined. Hence, this destroys theories of free will. It also implicates that if we do develop time travel, that would have been predetermined, along with anyone travelling backwards and forwards through time. Therefore we would already have records of time travel before it existed, plus the same people would keep popping up throughout history for hundreds or thousands of years.Viewing is not so difficult as we can already make records with video cameras, photos, etc. as Plenoptic said. Viewing into the future would be a little more difficult depending on your perceptions of time as linear, circular, pre determined, random... Until we know exactly what time is and how to explain it, it makes it very difficult to say whether it would be possible.

Well this is highly doubtful in this time, but you never know.

Attempts have been made to explain this, such as stating that you can't change the past or future. This also then implies that we all have no effect or influence on the world at all and all our actions are predetermined. Hence, this destroys theories of free will. It also implicates that if we do develop time travel, that would have been predetermined, along with anyone travelling backwards and forwards through time. Therefore we would already have records of time travel before it existed, plus the same people would keep popping up throughout history for hundreds or thousands of years.

This is an excellent explanation! I never thought about it, but yes We would already know because of how you explained it. Where to you read about this?

If you did manage to see millions of years in the future, it would be extremely hard for you to understand the need of what they have. Imagine taking a stone-age person into the 21st century and trying to explain the internet to him. Impossible. The same would apply for you travelling into the depths of the future, not to mention the language barrier. These are a few lines from a 13th century poem:

Lhouth after calve cu,

Bulluc stereth, bucke vereth

[hr=shade].[/hr]

The problem with time travel is the time travel paradox. Time travel relies on every millisecond of existence being constantly replayed in a time dimension, which we could then move to and run through the points making time appear to pass. Well, if you go back in time and kill one of your ancestors and break the chain of events leading to your own birth then it would not be possible for you to go back in time and kill them (as you would never have existed) which would cause your ancestors to survive and carry on as normal, leading to your birth and therefore the murder... ad infinitum.

I never though about it like that! Such a logical way to disprove time travel!

Time viewing must be possible. Someone could be watching you right now. We developed so many new inventions in the last two hundred years, thousands of years from now time viewing will be invented.

I'm pretty sure we won't be having controlled time travel anytime soon. As for time viewing, I'd like to invoke my right to paranormal belief. It might be possible that premonitions and precognitive dreams are one way to achieve time viewing without necessarily "going" to another time. I'm not sure how this can be done voluntarily, though.The RPG game Final Fantasy 8, however, did come up with an idea for "Ellone Machine", a mechanism that sends its user's consciousness back into a past person's mind, only, there is still a limit how far back a user can go.:)

As far as I know, the Einstein theory about time is about relativity (time delation). That is, if you travel with near-the -speed of light, you will experience slower time than others will outside your system/frame (your spaceship or whatsoever). It's just when you go back, everything has changed, faster than you changed. For example, if I go away from earth with speed near the speed of light, then go back, perhaps I only feel a short time of journey, but in the earth time has passed so much more than I feel.

IMO, no one will invent such a time travel or time viewing machine. The thing that is possible is that you go to the future but never come back again to the present time. Then, you will live in future of course. For time viewing, perhaps you can send something to observe the future, but how to send the message back? I don't know whether electromagnetic wave experience some sort of time travelling.

Well, if you go back in time and kill one of your ancestors and break the chain of events leading to your own birth then it would not be possible for you to go back in time and kill them (as you would never have existed) which would cause your ancestors to survive and carry on as normal, leading to your birth and therefore the murder... ad infinitum

This paradox explained by rvalkass should logically prove that time travel to the past is not possible. If it is possible, then you can go beyond the power of God. You can always go back to change whatever God has decided for you.
my opinion. :)

Time travel is not only possible but it has already been made. But the only thing is that to prove that time travel is possible you would have to travel through time, and then get back to the time you came from. Now when you prove you have traveled the time you need to bring some kind of evidence of that, some thing from "past" or even "future".Let's put aside those things that could affect your egzistence in future, and just give us a mission as time traveler to bring simple evidence of our time travel, let's say a calender from Thailand which we have to bring back to our time.The basic fizics that humans understand at this time is combination of speed and mass, and basically our whole universe is made on combination of these factors. Sun has huge mass that attracts our planet which then is cought in it's gravity and starts circular motion around it. Our planet also has mass that resists sun's mass, and there for it circles around it self beacouse it has not enough mass to brake suns gravity.Beacouse of those two combinations we have "time" which we are used to. No matter how hard we try we can't stop Earth circling around sun and it self and there for we are used to 24 hours time period which we live by. That is "time" as we see it.Now let's say that time traveler from some other "dimension" comes to earth to collect that evidence like calender from Thai, he takes it and goes back to it's time. But he took some mass from our dimension (i won't even say that his time device brought mass back to our planet and induced new time dimension imediatly, but as he brought that mass back with him our planet again started new time dimension beacouse it is lighter for that calender.Wow, someone can say, how can a mass of less than 1 pound affect all of that. Well it does. Even a mistake of 0.00000001 mass can affect serious sh**in time dimensions.Now, someone here wrote about time machine that brings us back to time in our mind. That is the thing i'm thinking about to, beacouse we couldn't make time travel important beacouse time it self isn't important. More important thing is the FACTS from the time we are intrested in. Maybe if somebody felt that Hitler would be in 1939 and start that war it could "infect" his psyche with other ideas that maybe would lead to different solutions at that time. But than again we wouldn't know of the result of such a proposed solution.to matrixdudejthat term that you mention "Time Viewing" is something i myself have been wandering about in last few weeks. I belive that time viewing is small evolution step that some of us maybe posses, beacouse of all other factors that one can have influence of. Like polution, war, and similar crazy thing that are done at this time, but are totaly meaning less. Maybe a child will be born, or even better two childs or more who will have the enormous abillity to control time, and to "see" the future. Maybe "Time Viewing" is just a side effect for now, until they are born.even more complicated thing is that probably even someone with that ability to control time will have enemies who will fight the other timeline.But those are just science fiction. Even dealing with simple problems of this "mass" life of ours provides us more problems ever, and imagion that we could have the time factor to. That would be i think more of a problem then a blessing :)

Yeah, time travel is old news *clicks fingers*. But time viewing, that would be even more difficult then time traveling. Relate it to watching T.V. It takes so much more techonogly to watch T.V then going to what ever is on and watching it yourself. in realife.

A lot of these time travel hype is always built in cartoons, hero shows and even movies and that is why we are fascinated by it and think it could be a reality in the near future. I personally think it won't happen just yet, the logic behind it is absurb. As what day_armstrong said in his post; just think about it, you going to 15 years ago and then kill yourself, how does that align itself with reality? We find ourselves in a 4 dimension bounded world, unless we can break ourself out of this bounded world and find the means to travel into another dimension, I don't think this would happen. And history has proven that men given the test of time can develop one of the most amazing things which changes our lives. Take for instance the simple gadgets you see in today's world; telephone, television, computer ... etc, these basically restructured the entire world's perspective and direction. And in future, we will develop even further and become more advanced creating more detailed, sophisticated devices to aid our lives.

Well, to be honest, I believe this is the dawn age of human civilization. That is to say, in the distant future, say a few billion years from now, humans will look back at us in much the same way we look back at stoneage cave-men. Probably the difference between our future descendants and us will be greater than the difference between us and the cave men.That said, I believe that the future (or some futures) might hold great things for the human race. Among these...1) Space travel - between the stars, perhaps between the very galaxies.2) Time travel.3) Inter-dimensional travel, or travel to other universes.4) Re-fueling the sun, or settling on the planets of a million different suns.5) Altering the past and future to 'suit' the human race better, thereby 're-shaping' the universe (manipulating reality itself, into what WE want it to be).6) Perhaps a merging of the entire human race into one gigantic super-intelligent being (I'm not saying this is necessarily a positive development, but if the suppression of individuality apparent in our civilization today continues unabated, it's a possiblity, yes).Note that I'm not arguing that any or all of these things will happen, but considering the timescale involved, it's definitely a possiblity that our far distant descendants will have the technology and the power to do one or more of these. I do believe that this is the dawn age of the human race, and I think it is a tribute to us that we can even wonder about what such a distant future may hold.Lastly, in all humility I must say that I am probably completely wrong, and that the technologies of so distant a future are probably as difficult for us today to visualize and understand as our modern technology would be to a cave-man. In other words, whatever I have put down above is probably the creation of a limited mind, and the distant future might surpass that in ways we have not (or cannot) even consider.

Edited by Yratorm, LightMage (see edit history)

time viewing

Time Viewing

Time viewing can almost certainly be done but I recon the only thing you can do is view it the past that is, not the future. To change something that happened is surely impossible.

-reply by Matthew

my view

Time Viewing

I have been reading these many comments and there seem to be a few good logical explanations, and here is mine on time viewing.

Time viewing (or as basically viewing the past of future in this particular interest) would require a method of viewing time as soemone has already mentioned. Furthermore say we were somehow able to do this through humans or machines the time frame being viewed would cease to exist the moment it is viewed creating another time were you know this particular future. "to be able to view the future would mean the future would no longer be the future". So say we did view time, whats to say this is going to be the future as it can never be the EXACT future once viewed. The only conclusion that I can think of is that you could only view a future for another dimension.

Baring in mind this was written by a 17 year old please don't bring up my lack of knowledge on the subject, I'm simply expressing my opinion using what I know.