xisto Community
gameratheart

Gameratheart's Newbie Sig Making Challenge - Voting Vote for your favourite here

THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED
This contest was closed due to lack of votes, and the judge suffering a computer crash that rendered him inactive.
Please can a Moderator close this topic? Thank you.

This is the voting topic for my Newbie Sig Making Challenge thread. Refer to this to find out what the rules of the competition were.

Ok, on Saturday I started the Newbie Sig Making Challenge, which was my idea for new sig makers to test their skills in a battle. I entered, and allowed others to enter too. The deadline was today.

Up to the deadline, two other sigs were recieved, so now it's time to vote on them!

Voting Rules:

• You're allowed to vote even if you entered the competition, but you cannot vote for your own sig.
  • Only one vote per person.
  • First to 5 votes wins. If two people recieve a fifth vote within two minutes of each other, it will be considered a draw.

The Sigs:

gameratheart has withdrawn his entry.

Posted Image
electriic ink

Posted Image
Bkag

To Vote:

Say why you are voting for your candidate, then copy the following into a QUOTE tag, and add one to the number following the person you wish to vote for.

electriic ink: 3

Bkag: 3

Now you know the rules, commence voting!

Edited by gameratheart (see edit history)

gameratheart: 0electriic ink: 0
Bkag: 1

i could list a load of reasons but to keep it simple and short. Looks like more time has gone into it. Still i was expecting to see better though

i could list a load of reasons but to keep it simple and short. Looks like more time has gone into it. Still i was expecting to see better though

You must remember that everyone who entered in this competition has never sig battled before, so they might still be amateurs. Also, when I made the challenge I made the maximum height too small (60 pixels). Really it's my fault. Edited by gameratheart (see edit history)

Alright, after some constant analyzing, i have come up with my decision. But first:

Gameratheart: Simple. (Yes, i understand this a newbie contest.) But more could have been done with the text. Like giving it some perspective (3d feel), double border, something.

Electriic Ink: Interesting color-pattern overlay. Text could use some work and may have been better on the opposite side.

Bkag: Too much contrast. Render on top of car doesn't help the sig, IMO. It would have been better if you didn't let it pass the rear wheel. Nice text, though.

Vote goes to Electriic Ink.

gameratheart: 0

electriic ink: 1

I just recieved an E-Mail vote from an anonymous member for myself. But I am not going to allow it, as it does not follow the required format. Please, if you ARE going to vote, vote in this thread! PM votes will not be accepted, and E-Mail doesn't work.

I will vote for Electriic ink because his sig reflects his name its seems to be electrifying, some electric lights are coming.

Gameratheart sig is too simple and Bkag's car I think has not blended well. But all together appreciable first attempt.

gameratheart: 0electriic ink: 2

My sig sucks. I admit it. I wasn't expecting everyone to be as good as they were, so I just submitted one of my quick works. Next time I'll do a proper job. And I'm not gonna forget all your constructive comments. Thanks.

Edited by gameratheart (see edit history)

My vote goes to Bkag. Pretty nice for a beginner. I recognize the subject matter and the text is clean and concise.

gameratheart: 0

electriic ink: 2

Bkag: 2

gameratheart: 0electriic ink: 3
Bkag: 2

My vote goes to electriic ink. I know it's an "amatuer" contest, as you stated. But gameratheart, you could have seriously come up with something better.

The text needs some kind of formatting, or blending...it's just slapped on there. Same with the render. That seems to be all it is infact.

Electriic, I like the colors overlay and the effects. The text could be less blurred though.

Bkag, your banner is super bright on one side, and super dark on the other. Not a good mix IMO. I'm not sure if I like the liquify effect or not either...seems to just be there....

Lets keep on topic please.

Thanks for all the (negative) feedback on my sig. I've withdrawn my entry.

Since I'm no longer participating, I'm voting for Bkag. I don't really get what's going on with Electriic Ink's sig, and it's hard to see any text on his. But with Bkag, it's all clear.

electriic ink: 3Bkag: 3

You need to be able to take contrustive critizism. we all gave you advice. It's good advice that you should take into consideration. Have some pride in your work, even if it's bad. You can only improve, but you need to try.

Due to a major computer crash, I regret to inform you that I am no longer able to judge this competition. Being it's only representative, this therefore means the contest is now closed and all participants are no longer able to participate.

I will redo this contest another time when it is possible for me to do so, and anyone who participated in this contest will be allowed to join it. Until then, sorry for the inconvienience.

Please can a Moderator close this topic? Thank you.