xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jw13

Problem About Playing Videos

when i play video on my computerthe video seems to be delaying, but the audio is smoothso the whole video is like...the image is slow but the audio is normalany way to solve this problem???

to help out we would need to know what videos you are trying to play, what software your using to play that video and what your computer specs are.Most likely it could be the codecs that you have or the video itself.

when i play video on my computerthe video seems to be delaying, but the audio is smooth
so the whole video is like...the image is slow but the audio is normal
any way to solve this problem???

This can be one of two things. Your CPU is old, and can't handle the stress of your OS and decoding the video on time. The other possibility is that your codecs are outdated, and can't decode the video correctly. Post your computer specs, and I'll do what I can with those.

Dear jw13 i think your media player or software for play multimedia have damage , tray to reinstall software or use an other software , if your problem is not fixed i agree dear Shunkan Idou and dear Saint_Michael

my windows media player and media player classic have the same problemthis problem happens whenever i open downloaded videos in any formatbut i have another korean program called "kong", its used to watch live radio shows, it doesnt have the problem of video delaying

is it just the video which goes slow? and it seems to be synchronized with the audio (meaning, video doesn't seem to be longer than audio, or that they both end at the same time when finished)? could be memory-related. see to it that there is as much memory available for your media player when trying to watch them, by turning off other programs you may still be running when attempting this. or you can add more memory on your system. in cases of downloaded videos, it could be that it was originally encoded that way and not fixed by the one who uploaded them.

its not the problem of the downloaded videos because i have some old videos that have no problem last time, but now i watch it, it has the same problem as well.i thought it was the memory problem so i deleted a lot of files and have 10GB on my C drive but the same problem still occur.

I think that problem is in MEDIA PLAYER! Try using BSPlayer and I think everything will be OK. It is the system that media player is using that is problematic - i had the same problems. When I tried playing the same movie in BS Player everything was ok...try it :)

Are you playing (original) DVD-video or Ripped versions.
If you are playin ripped DVD files , you need the right codecs
(You can find some on the site http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_codec_pack.htm)

Else your PC may contain some spyware / adware / virusses.
Try removeing those file with a spyware scanner and / or virus scanner.

You can also try cc Cleaner to remove temporary files , ...

After those programs your computer could work a bit faster.

Another cause might be that you are playing them from a CD/DVD drive thats to slow to hanlde the videostream ,try moveing a file to your harddrive, and play it from your harddrive.
If it's working normally from your harddrive look at the cache from your CD/DVD drive.
Setting this cache a bit higher may also solve your problem.

from personal expierience its usually the player, not codecs. it doesnt hurt to update to latest codecs and players anyway. it'll fix the problem in most cases, the easiest thing to try is prob k-lite codec pack which indludes codecs and players all in oine easy install pack. go try it out somwhere, it should do the trick.

i just realize that, if i burn the videos into VCD format and play it on the same computer, the video has no problem at allso, does that mean that its my pc's problem?